Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
More verbal diarrhea from Spam.
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

More verbal diarrhea from Spam.

New interview, some of my favorite lines from the Spamminator:

"Hagar: Oh, I'm okay with those guys doing whatever they want to do. What I've heard so far, I wasn't impressed with at all, personally. I think in CHICKENFOOT, we've raised the bar a little bit on what a four-piece rock band can do, and I think they chose to take the easy route and take some of their old stuff and and re-record it instead of writing new songs.

LMFAO. Videos with a guy in a chicken suit is raising the bar?? Get real.

"And I don't know what they're thinking, to be honest with you. Because if they were thinking at all, they would certainly have Mikey in there playing bass. "

Ummm... coming from a huge Mike fan....Wolfgang sounds better on this album than Mike ever did...so I don't understand what Spam is getting at.

" I think there's zero inspiration and zero creativity. If there was any, they would write new songs. What does the band do? When CHICKENFOOT got together for our first album, we were four new guys and we got together and wrote ten, twelve songs and made an album. When we decided to do our second album, we didn't go back and take the two songs that were left over from the first album, we wrote all brand new songs. Because we're new people, we're inspired. Here's what we have to say, here's what we want to play now, here's who we've become since then. And you present yourself to the fans as who you are and what you've become. And if you don't have any idea of who you are or what you are and what you've become [laughs], then I guess you have to go back and show them what you used to be. I don't know. Does that make sense?"

No Sam, it doesn't make sense. This sounds like petty jealousy for me.

"If you take Joe versus Eddie, you take Dave versus me, Wolfie versus Mikey, Chad or Kenny versus Al… I mean, come on! You know what I mean? Man for man, who can sing the best? Dave or I, today? Who can play the best? Joe or Eddie, today? Who could play or sing the best? Wolfie or Mikey? I think it's a joke."

Umm...Ed can play better than Joe and Wolf plays better than Mike. So once again, you make yourself look like a jealous crybaby.

"Sure, I love the comparison as long as it's fair. Not because you're a big Eddie Van Halen fan, you think that he's God, therefore you think that he's better than Joe; you have to be bipartisan and just listen and watch both of them play. Listen, I played with them both, I can tell you right now: there is no comparison today. Never mind the innovator that Eddie was. I'm talking about what they can play today."

Yawn.

"Radio Metal: So in other words, CHICKENFOOT is way better than VAN HALEN?

Hagar: As individuals, absolutely! I've been in both bands, I can tell you right now. Take the new albums and compare them track by track and then tell me.
    "

What is this, Kindergarten? "I'm better than he is!" "No, I"M the best!"

Seriously, go dig a hole in the sands of Cabo beach and climb down there, and just stay there forever. This is pathetic, childish behavior on Sam's part. Dave and Ed obviously grew up and are now reflecting on their past in a joyous way.

Sam is jealous Van Halen is relevant and he is not. "Only time will tell if we stand the test of time." Yeah, how'd that one work out for ya?

Link to the article: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=168965

FREAK!
    I just don't get this.
    Why it must be a competition? You can't compare Eddie to Joe...I LOVE Eddie and I like Joe, but their playing is totally different beasts! Besides everyone outside think its all "virtuoso", if you take the use of the Floyd rose trem, there isn't much alike in their playing.

I love CVH, I love Van Hagar and I even like Chickenfoot...but they don't need to bash at each other... Shut the f*** up and go play with your band and talk about your songs!

I personally like to have VH with Wolf and Chickenfoot with Mike...it's like having 2 for the price of one....but this shit-throwing contest it's awful!

When Sammy released his book and started to do interviews saying shit about the VH Bros I got it... it was a book launching and it's a classic PR stunt to make some polemic declarations (like Dave Mustaine, Ozzy, etc). But why now? Maybe Sammy is feeling threatened?

I admit that when Tattoo was released I got a little disappointed, but now there's no doubt about the monster that this album will be.

Sammy is releasing these statements all over Tattoo....but when the full album is released he will feel a bitter taste in his mouth! And the most absurd thing is that if he had kept his mouth shut or being polite about it (like Mike) nobody would go after him when ADKOT came out, but now....
    +Z+

The pathetic part is, Dave and Ed are just ignoring him, yet he keeps yapping, hoping someone will acknowledge him. Keep trying Sam!

Love ya moms......
    Are we supposed to take the guy that wrote the lyrics to love walks in seroiusly? Sounds to me like he suffer froms a bad case of little man complex.

I just can't believe a grown man in his sixties has to resort to " joe is better than Ed, and and and Mike is better than Wolf, and uh I'm better than Dave."

Band Manager
    Sammy has got to be kidding me!

Much as I love virtuosity in music, even if Satch has the techincial over Ed - and I don't doubt that he does - guitar playing is more than the technical.
    It's the sound, it's the feeling, it's being the guy that innovated it and changed the guitar and music scene.
    It doesn't matter if Satch or Vai - whos' playing I love - can play things that prehaps Ed couldn't...
    They are not Eddie Van Halen and will never leave the mark he made.
    I know guitar players who can out play Page.
    Does that make them better than Page?
    Er... No.
    Because Page made those great Zeppelin songs and sounds.
    Same thing for Edward.
    Being able to out Van Halen - Mr. Van Halen isn't all it takes to earn the credibility.

On the vocals:
    When it comes to singers, I'm personally a big fan of the virtuosos - Tate, Halford, JLT, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Freddy Mercury, Dio etc...
    But Sam seems to think that because he can out shrill Dave - that he's the better singer.
    Listen Sam.. there are better singers than Jagger, Springstein, Ozzy, etc.
    But their aren't better front men for these bands.

Rock is not just a talent contest.

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    I just can't believe a grown man in his sixties has to resort to " joe is better than Ed, and and and Mike is better than Wolf, and uh I'm better than Dave."
    He's pathetic. Sad actually. And he insults the fans too...he's telling us why Chickenfoot is the superior band. Time will tell Spammy, not you.

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    Sammy has got to be kidding me!

Much as I love virtuosity in music, even if Satch has the techincial over Ed - and I don't doubt that he does - guitar playing is more than the technical.
    It's the sound, it's the feeling, it's being the guy that innovated it and changed the guitar and music scene.
    It doesn't matter if Satch or Vai - whos' playing I love - can play things that prehaps Ed couldn't...
    They are not Eddie Van Halen and will never leave the mark he made.
    I know guitar players who can out play Page.
    Does that make them better than Page?
    Er... No.
    Because Page made those great Zeppelin songs and sounds.
    Same thing for Edward.
    Being able to out Van Halen - Mr. Van Halen isn't all it takes to earn the credibility.

On the vocals:
    When it comes to singers, I'm personally a big fan of the virtuosos - Tate, Halford, JLT, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Freddy Mercury, Dio etc...
    But Sam seems to think that because he can out shrill Dave - that he's the better singer.
    Listen Sam.. there are better singers than Jagger, Springstein, Ozzy, etc.
    But their aren't better front men for these bands.

Great post!

If Spammy were to do an album with the Stones, he's start telling everybody how he made them better and that his album was "the breakthrough" album for them.

FREAK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    Just PERFECT!

If Sammy likes to play dirty, how about he said that the new CF album is "sooo much like Zeppelin"...i mean, it's a good album, but C'MON!

He will keep saying those BS, and the VH mafia will keep quiet, because what's the point? It's obvious that ADKOT will sell more that CF+CF3 combined and will get way more attention and praise from the media. Sad but true, i think Sammy is jealous or trying to get some attention and some media exposition at the cost of the new VH album.

And that makes me sad you know, i like the guy...
    +Z+

An Eleven Warrior
    Radio Metal: Michael told us that he was totally open to have CHICKENFOOT going on tour or at least making a couple of shows with VAN HALEN. What about you?

Hagar: Hell yes! [laughs] Are you kidding? Right now, for free. They wouldn't even have to pay me.

No shit Sam. Playing with Van Halen would validate you and your shitty little band. Don't get me wrong I liked the first CF album, but come on Sam. CF couldn't hold VH's jockstrap and you know it. Sammy made a comment about he knew the Vh album would be a top seller, but that wasn't impressive for him. Whatever, Dude. He can preface his remarks with that so when ADKOT outsells CF 40:1 he can save face and say so what. Jealous Doucher.