Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

New to the setlist for 2013 - Page 10
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I have to go back to what UG said,SOUND!.I didn't get a chance to see the last tour (which apparently sounded better) but the '07 tour had major sound issues.
    Being that they can't use the the stage like they used too when they were young,it's really a non-factor too me.Ya,it's cool to have a great stage but at this point 'sound' should be top priority.Doesn't matter how much is spent on a stage if the sound is awful.
    Yeah, well if you read what I said, I want them to have good sound too, but they are NEVER gonna get a good sound in a hockey rink. So if they wanna make it "all about the music", then play theaters so we can truly appreciate their musicianship.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    NOPE. What their stage is focused on, is saving every penny and earning the highest possible profit during their latter years.

I recall interviews after Roth quit, where Alex and Eddie spoke about how little money they actually got from the tours, as the production costs were so high.
    I changed my mind a little bit. Just watched some more footage today and last night and take back some of my criticism.

The stage is NOT completely downright cheap. It is beautiful, elegant and sleek.

The neat and tidy bare bones approach emphasises the musicianship and personality's of all 4 performers. The sound and performance is all that matters with highly talented players, and that is what I want, regardless of the ticket price.

The big screen is GIGANTIC, and must of cost a bundle. So they really should use it to their maximum advantage, with more exciting footage and colorfully creative graphics to create a unique concert atsmophere, is all I initially meant so say in my previous critical posts. Wouldn't mind seeing a huge VH logo up there, and maybe some of Dave' s artwork or something. I spend most of the time with my eyes glued to Eddie anyways.

Remember their old quote, " If you can't do it under a single lightbulb, then you can't do it at all ". They could just have 1 giant lightbulb, and that would be fine with me. But of course, I do love those old stages, they were my favorite, that's for sure.

If they did something bigger, I'd be o.k. with that too. Either way, it doesn't get much better for me than Van Halen live. Tonight, I've been watching the Chicago show for the first time that I recall, and highly recommend it.

I ran across a cool rock photographer's gallery last night with some shots I hadn't seen before.

www.philipkamin.com
    Last edited by Heisenberg; January 20th, 2013 at 11:42 PM. Reason: add something

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I have to go back to what UG said,SOUND!.I didn't get a chance to see the last tour (which apparently sounded better) but the '07 tour had major sound issues.
    Being that they can't use the the stage like they used too when they were young,it's really a non-factor too me.Ya,it's cool to have a great stage but at this point 'sound' should be top priority.Doesn't matter how much is spent on a stage if the sound is awful.
    Completely agree, POP.

I felt like they really had their sound together, and the guys felt comfortable with that stage.
    I envision them saying, "Let's make the spectacle the music, on this tour. Let's get out there and play for the people."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Yeah, well if you read what I said, I want them to have good sound too, but they are NEVER gonna get a good sound in a hockey rink. So if they wanna make it "all about the music", then play theaters so we can truly appreciate their musicianship.
    Gonna have to disagree there. Again, it depends on where you are sitting and how much you want to get the good seats at a lot of the bigger venues, but I wouldnt say it is impossible to get a good sound experience. Unless, you are up in the nosebleed, than yes, probably not gonna get good sound no matter what venue.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    I think they should play in their dressing room, and just pump the sound out into the completely darkened hockey rink. You shallow, superficial fucks, why do you need to SEE the band? It's all about the MUSIC!
    Last edited by 1234over; January 21st, 2013 at 05:38 AM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I think they should play in their dressing room, and just pump the sound out into the completely darkened hockey rink. You shallow, superficial fucks, why do you need to SEE the band? It's all about the MUSIC!
    Absolutely! Rock n' roll and chamber orchestras should be an identical experience. Dave was out there turning cartwheels and doing sword dances with midgets because he was young and foolish. Now he knows he should probably just sit in a folding chair and close his eyes and really get into the music, man. And charge $120, but never mind that.

Yours truly, As Is
    Mmmm...do I detect facetiousness?
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I changed my mind a little bit. Just watched some more footage today and last night and take back some of my criticism.

The stage is NOT completely downright cheap. It is beautiful, elegant and sleek.

The neat and tidy bare bones approach emphasises the musicianship and personality's of all 4 performers. The sound and performance is all that matters with highly talented players, and that is what I want, regardless of the ticket price.

The big screen is GIGANTIC, and must of cost a bundle. So they really should use it to their maximum advantage, with more exciting footage and colorfully creative graphics to create a unique concert atsmophere, is all I initially meant so say in my previous critical posts. Wouldn't mind seeing a huge VH logo up there, and maybe some of Dave' s artwork or something. I spend most of the time with my eyes glued to Eddie anyways.

Remember their old quote, " If you can't do it under a single lightbulb, then you can't do it at all ". They could just have 1 giant lightbulb, and that would be fine with me. But of course, I do love those old stages, they were my favorite, that's for sure.

If they did something bigger, I'd be o.k. with that too. Either way, it doesn't get much better for me than Van Halen live. Tonight, I've been watching the Chicago show for the first time that I recall, and highly recommend it.

I ran across a cool rock photographer's gallery last night with some shots I hadn't seen before.

www.philipkamin.com
    They have had bigger and better. But this stage still has the VH vibe.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    They have had bigger and better. But this stage still has the VH vibe.
    The 2012 stage had a club vibe which was perfect for VH returning to their roots .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    The 2012 stage had a club vibe which was perfect for VH returning to their roots .
    Hmmm, this is a point of view I hadnt even thought of, but it makes perfect sense!