Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Van Halen Record to be released in early 2013: Follow-up to 2012's ADKOT - Page 8
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 78 of 78
  1. #71
    Only a little tardy
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,479
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Hmmm, what was your favorite?
    Probably Adele or Katy Perry.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

  2. #72
    EVH diehard ...
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,146
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Let's just relax and count our blessings.

    Things could be much, much worse. I think if they take their time, we'll get a better album, rather than if they rush something out.
    Well , JD and I both have the opinion that VH could still possibly release something in 2013. Whether or not it's full length album remains to be seen .
    The chance of a live album cd/dvd is also there , IMO .

    ADKOT is certainly NOT gonna be the swan song of their career ! How do people keep thinking this ??
    The Japan dates are in place for next summer , and VH have a lot of drive left in them . Sorry that Eddie got sick , but every other indication (from the band themselves) is that they're going to carry on .

    As far as taking their time ? VH DID take their time !
    When 99% of the people on here were bitching and speculating , Eddie and Co. were laying down tracks for what would become the comeback album of the decade !
    They have dozens of other songs from those sessions that could be polished up and put out .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

  3. #73
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    Well , JD and I both have the opinion that VH could still possibly release something in 2013. Whether or not it's full length album remains to be seen .
    The chance of a live album cd/dvd is also there , IMO .

    ADKOT is certainly NOT gonna be the swan song of their career ! How do people keep thinking this ??
    The Japan dates are in place for next summer , and VH have a lot of drive left in them . Sorry that Eddie got sick , but every other indication (from the band themselves) is that they're going to carry on .

    As far as taking their time ? VH DID take their time !
    When 99% of the people on here were bitching and speculating , Eddie and Co. were laying down tracks for what would become the comeback album of the decade !
    They have dozens of other songs from those sessions that could be polished up and put out .
    Exactly, and to be fair, I think you an I both felt it would be much later in the year at best, before an album would be out. But if people wanna be negative Nellie's, as many were the last couple years before ADKOT, then so be it. I've always felt poor health would be the only impediment to VH continuing on after this year, and I've seen no reason to stop thinking this way.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

    Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

    Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

  4. #74
    EVH diehard ...
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Exactly, and to be fair, I think you an I both felt it would be much later in the year at best, before an album would be out. But if people wanna be negative Nellie's, as many were the last couple years before ADKOT, then so be it. I've always felt poor health would be the only impediment to VH continuing on after this year, and I've seen no reason to stop thinking this way.
    So very true , and i hope we're both right ! Either way , 2012 turned out to be a HUGE year in the grand scheme of VH .
    The very fact the ADKOT was put out is stunning to me . I feel like a kid on Christmas morning every time a hear it !

    The quotes from the band themselves , as well as those who helped work on the album , lead me to believe that we have more in store ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

  5. #75
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Hmmm, what was your favorite?
    Beth Orton's "Sugaring Season."

    Everything about that album just captivates me: The vocals, the acoustic guitar, the instrumentation, the production.
    Of course, the song's.

    She's only touring the U.K. and Ireland.
    I want to see her live.

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Beth Orton's "Sugaring Season."

    Everything about that album just captivates me: The vocals, the acoustic guitar, the instrumentation, the production.
    Of course, the song's.

    She's only touring the U.K. and Ireland.
    I want to see her live.
    I've honestly never heard her. I'll have to check her out.

    JD, I don't think I'm being negative. I just honestly did not expect Van Halen to put out an album in 2013. Two albums in two years for any artist is a stretch these days, not just Van halen.

  7. #77
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    I've honestly never heard her. I'll have to check her out.

    JD, I don't think I'm being negative. I just honestly did not expect Van Halen to put out an album in 2013. Two albums in two years for any artist is a stretch these days, not just Van halen.
    I'd have to go back and read all the posts, but I dont believe I was talking about you. There are a few on here who seem to be doing their best to convince themselves that ADKOT is for a fact their swan song, contrary to what Ed, Wolf and Dave have suggested in their statements. I dont know if people are just setting their expectations as low as possible with regards to VH just to keep themselves from being disappointed or what, but keeping a positive attitude and expecting VH to keep recording and touring atleast a little longer is how Rob and I and Nelah prefer to look at things. Nothing is guaranteed in this life anyways, so why try and convince yourself of the worst all the time?

    And I agree, 2 albums in a one year span is a big stretch, which is why late 2013, early 2014 would be a more realistic "best case scenario" to me. Or even mid 2014.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

    Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

    Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

  8. #78
    Bad Ass Motherfucker
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    S.Florida
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    We’ve gotten rid of peole who don’t belong here.”
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    ....................................
    Attachment 42832
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    For everyone's information and especially for anyone visiting this site for the first time wimpyliberalbuster32 is actually a real life school child who has posted the above as an immature and rather lame gesture.

    I am sure if he ever did meet Michael Anthony he wouldn't dare say anything remotely disrespectful to his face.

    I have had enough of your childish and pointless posts wimpyliberalbuster32 as they do not bring any new or relevant to the debate.

    Therefore I am placing you on ignore.

    If other members want to follow my example then that is up to them.

    One things for sure, they won't miss anything.

    I'm sorry, but wimpy's post is fucking hilarious... it's compounded by DLR 1973's butt-hurtedness.

    Well played.
    Achilleslastand - You come off as attempting to sound funny in every worthless post of yours...If i was you id be seeking a refund from the dane cook school of comedy as its clear to me you got ripped off....

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Adkot Tour 2012 - All Videos
    By GRAZI in forum Van Halen YouTube Videos
    Replies: 238
    Last Post: December 21st, 2012, 08:26 PM
  2. My Van Halen Facebook ADKOT/2012 Tour page
    By George Chicken Kiev in forum 2015 Tour
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: April 12th, 2012, 07:42 AM
  3. Van Halen: Live Rarities DVD (released next week)
    By IronicA in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: November 29th, 2007, 01:56 PM
  4. The Van Halen Story ~ The Early Years
    By IronicA in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: September 26th, 2007, 08:04 AM
  5. Alex Van Halen Says Every Song Recorded Released
    By ryanpday in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 13th, 2004, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •