Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

New Van Halen Record to be released in early 2013: Follow-up to 2012's ADKOT
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

New Van Halen Record to be released in early 2013: Follow-up to 2012's ADKOT

New Van Halen Album Already Completed?

Peter Hodgson|11.05.2012

Melodicrock.com reports that there's a rumor floating around that Van Halen have already completed a follow-up to this year's excellent A Different Kind Of Truth, and that it will be released in early 2013, in time for the next leg of the band's tour.

As with all things Van Halen I'll believe it when I'm holding the CD/download in my hand/iPhone, but melodicrock.com has a pretty exceptional record with this sort of stuff. The rumor is that the band recorded enough material during the A Different Kind Of Truth sessions that there was enough left over for another entire album.

If it's true I think that's great news - A Different Kind Of Truth seems to hold up very well against the all-important 'Not Listen To It For A Few Months Then Put It On Again Now That The Honeymoon Period Is Over' test.

In other Van Halen-ish news, David Lee Roth has just released a new solo song titled “One Piece Thermo-Molded Country Plastic Chair.” It's a chilled-out acoustic ditty co-written with Scotty Emerick, and Dave has dedicated it to all of those affected by and recovering from Hurricane Sandy.

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyl...1105-2012.aspx

NEW VAN HALEN ALREADY IN THE CAN FOR 2013

It's been a quiet patch for Van Halen fans (we're used to that!), but that doesn't mean I haven't been keeping my ear to the ground for any news or rumors. What I have today comes under the "rumor" category, so don't shoot the messenger folks, just passing it along as it came from a good source.

What I heard today was that the band, when recording the A Different Kind Of Truth album, in fact recorded enough material for a second release and that could find its way into our hands in the first quarter of 2013 before the next leg of the band's tour commences. So....interesting and hopefully true, as I'm still spinning the latest album and loving it. Stay tuned...

http://www.melodicrock.com/
    Last edited by DLR 1973; November 6th, 2012 at 07:58 AM.

Eddie Van Halen: The Esquire Interview

BY DAVID CURCURITO

April 17, 2012, 1:03 PM

ESQ: How much music did you have for the new record?

EVH: There were so many songs. Wolfgang wanted to do a ton, and I said, "It's going to be a double record!" He goes, "So? Let's do a double record! Let's convince Dave!"

ESQ: How is convincing Dave?

EVH: It can be tough sometimes. He's very — you know, he has his own vision, and he's very opinionated, which is good. I mean, there's nothing worse than having four guys who have no clue. We're all — getting back to the way earlier question about the mudslinging this and that, the controversy in the band — it's all been because we have four very opinionated guys. It's always about the music, never about anything else.

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/musi...w-2012-8147775

Interview: Eddie Van Halen Talks 'A Different Kind of Truth'

Posted 08/30/2012 at 5:52am | by Chris Gill

It was actually Wolf’s idea for the album to be a collection of our B-sides along with three reworked songs, which would be new to our audience. Instead of the “Best Of” it would be the “B’s Of”—you know, songs like “Drop Dead Legs,” “Girl Gone Bad”… It would be a record of our more hardcore songs and none of the pop stuff. That was the initial plan for this album, but the deeper we dug, the more we found. At the same time I was writing new songs. Dave got very excited about that. We all did. We ended up recording demos for 35 songs. All of those songs were ready to go, and we were able to play them all.

We called John again and asked, “Are you busy? Do you want to come up and take a listen?” He was like, “Whoa! You’ve got a shitload of songs here!” We pretty much left it to John and Wolfgang to pick the songs, and it all went from there.

http://www.guitarworld.com/interview...truth?page=0,0

Only a little tardy
    Courtest of VHND

New Audio Interview with Wolfgang Van Halen

November 5, 2012

Wolfgang Van Halen was interviewed by Mick Burgess from Metal Express Radio on Oct 15th while he was on a short UK tour with Tremonti Project.

Wolf talks about how he landed the gig with Mark Tremonti, the current and future situation with Van Halen, and Wolfgang doing backing vocals for Halestorm’s latest release.

Regarding Eddie Van Halen recovering from surgery for a nasty case of diverticulitis: “He’s doing really, really good. He actually came out to our show in Kansas City, and I posted a picture of all of us on Twitter, and everybody was going crazy over it, saying how good he looks.

Regarding old, unreleased Van Halen demos and creating ‘A Different Kind of Truth’: “There’s so many, and I love them all! I felt like, digging deep into the classic era, where my dad was in the mindset of writing ‘Running with the Devil’ or ‘Dance the Night Away,’ it would be great to reach in and … put Al, my dad and Dave back into that head space — so we could start writing classic-sounding Van Halen tunes. We actually made the first demo [for the new album], ‘She’s The Woman’, in August 2009. We kept playing all of those songs, and changing them here and there, and making them better.”

Regarding playing in Tremonti Project compared to playing in Van Halen: “It really isn’t that different. People always ask me, is it weird playing smaller places or what’s it feel like to be doing this, but as long as I am playing music, and playing for people that enjoy it, there really is no difference.”

Regarding Van Halen’s future: (The Tremonti tour has wrapped up) “We [Van Halen] don’t have anything slated until next year. We’re all just hanging out, and enjoying this down time while we wait for dad to get better and then get back out there. My dad is always writing and we still have a litany of ideas from the back catalog that some people have never heard. My dad actually called me a couple weeks ago and said, “You’ve got to hear this idea” and he puts the idea up to the phone. He’s always got ideas going. We’ll probably play around in the studio once dad starts feeling better.”
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

EDDIE VAN HALEN ON FUTURE WORK WITH DAVID LEE ROTH: ‘I SEE US DOING THIS FOR A LONG, LONG TIME’

by: Billy Dukes June 27, 2012

Eddie Van Halen says the current album cycle with David Lee Roth isn’t a one-time gimmick. This is the future of Van Halen, and the band has a bright future. In an interview with Guitar World the legendary guitarist talks about what once held them back and what now keeps them looking forward.

“It feels more like a band and a family than it ever has, and not just because three-quarters of it is family,” Van Halen says in the current issue of the magazine. “Working with Dave has been very productive. We’re all very opinionated about things, but it’s all for the benefit of the music.”

Van Halen says he’s blessed to be out of a dark period, and working with his brother Alex and son Wolfgang. “I have a wonderful wife, wonderful friends and a son who doesn’t smoke, drink or do drugs … What more could I ask for?”

When reflecting on the band’s past drama and lineup changes, Eddie says “It wasn’t really us, it was people around us. When you’re doing drugs, drinking and partying, you start believing the s–t people tell you. Those days are gone. We’ve gotten rid of peole who don’t belong here.”

While the second leg of the American tour was postponed, the band will pick up again this November in Japan. Eddie Van Halen says that when this cycle finishes, he fully expects to take a break and then pick up writing and recording the next album. “That’s what I hope to do. I’m pretty sure that’s what our intention is.” They’ve also hinted at more 2013 American tour dates.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie...ong-long-time/

Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    "Those days are gone. We’ve gotten rid of people who don’t belong here.”
    Attachment 42832

Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Attachment 42832
    For everyone's information and especially for anyone visiting this site for the first time wimpyliberalbuster32 is actually a real life school child who has posted the above as an immature and rather lame gesture.

I am sure if he ever did meet Michael Anthony he wouldn't dare say anything remotely disrespectful to his face.

I have had enough of your childish and pointless posts wimpyliberalbuster32 as they do not bring any new or relevant to the debate.

Therefore I am placing you on ignore.

If other members want to follow my example then that is up to them.

One things for sure, they won't miss anything.

Steven Tyler, Joe Perry call a truce to crank out Aerosmith's 15th studio album, "Music From Another Dimension!"

By Edna Gundersen, USA TODAY

Dimension arrives Nov. 6 after years of false starts and delays. The next leg of the quintet's Global Warming tour starts Nov. 8 in Oklahoma City, and an ambitious world trek is planned for 2013.

"Aerosmith has already been drawing strong numbers in its live show, even before they put out any new music," says Jim Farber, music critic for New York's Daily News. "But after a high-charting opening week based on anticipation, name recognition and PR, the new album probably won't do all that well. It doesn't give fans anything they can't get from Aerosmith albums they already own."

Farber cites the track record of another trusted hard-rock name, Van Halen. Its comeback tour sold well, but album sales were weak.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...nsion/1662327/

Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    For everyone's information and especially for anyone visiting this site for the first time wimpyliberalbuster32 is actually a real life school child who has posted the above as an immature and rather lame gesture.

I am sure if he ever did meet Michael Anthony he wouldn't dare say anything remotely disrespectful to his face.

I have had enough of your childish and pointless posts wimpyliberalbuster32 as they do not bring any new or relevant to the debate.

Therefore I am placing you on ignore.

If other members want to follow my example then that is up to them.

One things for sure, they won't miss anything.
    Yay! Now I can back-slap Jack without worrying if you're peeping on me!