Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Van Halen meets Heart
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!

Van Halen meets Heart

Was reading about the new "Heart" book coming out, penned by Ann & Nancy Wilson, and came
    across this little VH related tidbit:

No Eruption: The sisters once refused a four-way with Eddie and Alex Van Halen while the bands were touring together. That same night Nancy discovered Eddie didnt own an acoustic guitar and gave him one of hers.

Haha, those Vh brothers sure are kinky (though, the Wilson sisters are not, apparently)

I wonder, since Nancy always favored those Ovation acoustic guitars, if she gave Eddie the one he recorded "Spanish
    Fly" with?

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Nice - read the same stuff last Tuesday:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/juicy-tales-from-hearts-ann-and-nancy-wilson-20120911

Juicy Tales From Heart's Ann and Nancy Wilson
    Sisters publishing memoir 'Kicking and Dreaming: A Story of Heart, Soul and Rock & Roll'
    By Jessica Hopper - September 11, 2012 8:00 AM ET

After four decades and 30 million albums sold, Ann and Nancy Wilson have
    decided to tell their story. This week Kicking & Dreaming: A Story of
    Heart, Soul and Rock & Roll (HarperCollins) hits shelves. With co-author
    Charles Cross (Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography of Kurt Cobain), the
    Wilson sisters dish on Heart's formative years, the inspirations behind
    their hits and their personal travails, along with some sordid rock
    gossip. Here are some of the more notable – and curious – stories revealed:

[...snip...]

While Heart was on tour with Van Halen, Alex and Eddie, in their own
    fumbling, wasted way, suggested a four-way-of-sorts between them. The
    sisters declined, but later that night, when Nancy learned that Eddie
    didn't own an acoustic guitar she was incredulous, and she gave him one
    of her own before sending him on his way. The next morning, after a
    night-long binge, he called her hotel room and serenaded her over the phone.

Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

I wonder, since Nancy always favored those Ovation acoustic guitars, if she gave Eddie the one he recorded "Spanish
    Fly" with?
    Maybe it was Ted's acoustic guitar. Maybe they rent one just to record the tune.

I love the way EVH recorded the damn instrumental and his complain at the very beginning. I also think he was smoking while recording it.... .
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Maybe it was Ted's acoustic guitar. Maybe they rent one just to record the tune.

I love the way EVH recorded the damn instrumental and his complain at the very beginning. I also thought he was smoking while recording it.... .
    This!! I used to love listening to that 8 track and right as the song started I'd go "hhmmmmmmmmm"
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

I know the law, friend.
    Was reading about the new "Heart" book coming out, penned by Ann & Nancy Wilson, and came
    across this little VH related tidbit:

No Eruption: The sisters once refused a four-way with Eddie and Alex Van Halen while the bands were touring together. That same night Nancy discovered Eddie didn’t own an acoustic guitar and gave him one of hers.

Haha, those Vh brothers sure are kinky (though, the Wilson sisters are not, apparently)

Fly" with
    ?
    Good call. I bet you're right. I love the sound of that guitar. The notes just float off it at the really fast parts.
    -David Lee Roth-

Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Good call. I bet you're right. I love the sound of that guitar. The notes just float off it at the really fast parts.
    If memory serves correctly, I remember reading years ago that VH was in the studio and Ted had an acoustic guitar lying around. Eddie picked up the guitar and started to shred. Ted says (not an actual quote but something along the lines) to Eddie "I didn't knw you played acoustic guitar". Eddie says "it has 6 strings doesn't it". And then they laid down Spanish Fly.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings....

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottybharris View Post
    If memory serves correctly, I remember reading years ago that VH was in the studio and Ted had an acoustic guitar lying around. Eddie picked up the guitar and started to shred. Ted says (not an actual quote but something along the lines) to Eddie "I didn't knw you played acoustic guitar". Eddie says "it has 6 strings doesn't it". And then they laid down Spanish Fly.
    That's cool. I never heard that story, but it isn't surprising. Very cool.
    -David Lee Roth-

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by scottybharris View Post
    ^^^^
    That's the story that I heard as well.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I believe the story was that they were at Ted's for a New Year's Eve party (not the studio).
    Ted had the acoustic, and Ed started messing with it, to which Ted made his comment.

In the studio, i doubt Ed was playing Ted's same guitar.
    I have a feeling it might have been the adorable Nancy Wilson Ovation, because she
    favored those things, big-time.

I know the law, friend.
    I believe the story was that they were at Ted's for a New Year's Eve party (not the studio).
    Ted had the acoustic, and Ed started messing with it, to which Ted made his comment.

In the studio, i doubt Ed was playing Ted's same guitar.
    I have a feeling it might have been the adorable Nancy Wilson Ovation, because she
    favored those things, big-time.
    This story's got the Best! Of! Both! Worlds! Sorry couldn't resist.
    -David Lee Roth-