Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tracks you skip... - Page 8
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    it's called a personal choice , coupled with a freedom of expression .
    it baffles me as to how a fellow CVH fan can constantly belittle my posts and likes on this forum ...

meh .
    Belittle? Come one, am I that aggressive towards you? I did say you can like what you like, I just wondered about it. Jeez, man. Every Canadian seems to be so touchy right now...

I disagree. Big deal. A lot of people disagree with me that I don't like Hear About It Later or This is Love on FW. Oh well, "...personal choice...freedom of expression."

Have a nice day.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

i'm a VH fanatic , so i like all the tunes . some i take over others , depending on my mood and taste at any given time .
    having said that , i'd pick China Town over the following :

Jamie's Cryin , Bottoms Up , Could This Be Magic , Loss of Control , Top Jimmy , One Foot Out the Door , Sinner's Swing , etc.
    granted , these tunes are classic and show the depth of VH's arsenal , i only listen to some of them very sparsely .

China Town ? i could hear that one everyday !!
    Good lord man!! You like China Town better than Bottoms Up?!?!? That track oozes Classic Van Halen!!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Good lord man!! You like China Town better than Bottoms Up?!?!? That track oozes Classic Van Halen!!
    Absolutely!

I like ADKOT, but there are a couple dudes on here that kinda talk it up like it's, Led Zeppelin IV or something.

God bless VH for coming back as elder statesmen in 2012, and putting forth the effort, and releasing
    a good, solid record.
    But, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE (i beg of you) spare me the endless chirpings of, "It's better than WACF!
    No, dude, it's better than all of the six pack!"

It's not.

You know it.
    I know it.
    Obama know's it.
    Even Mitt Romney know's it.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Absolutely!

I like ADKOT, but there are a couple dudes on here that kinda talk it up like it's, Led Zeppelin IV or something.

God bless VH for coming back as elder statesmen in 2012, and putting forth the effort, and releasing
    a good, solid record.
    But, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE (i beg of you) spare me the endless chirpings of, "It's better than WACF!
    No, dude, it's better than all of the six pack!"

It's not.

You know it.
    I know it.
    Obama know's it.
    Even Mitt Romney know's it.
    There are a lot of songs on ADKOT that, individually, I like better than some six pack songs. But I don't see how you can rank the whole album ahead of, say, WACF. (Here's looking at you, JD!! ).

No cheer******s allowed!
    There are a lot of songs on ADKOT that, individually, I like better than some six pack songs. But I don't see how you can rank the whole album ahead of, say, WACF. (Here's looking at you, JD!! ).
    I dunno, just doesn't make sense to me.

The first six VH records had different tonal nuances (a bit brighter on FW, darker on II, etc.)
    But it was still THAT signature tone, throughout those six albums.

ADKOT, tone wise & song wise, does not fit in line with the original six albums, which is okay.
    It's a departure, it's it's own thing (sharing some tonal sensibilities of the Van Hagar era).

What i'm saying is:

The first six share that signature CVH sound & writing style.
    There is a progression, but it's all part of that same recipe from '78.

For me, ADKOT sounds like something from the FUCK era, but with Roth creating better melodies & lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I dunno, just doesn't make sense to me.

The first six VH records had different tonal nuances (a bit brighter on FW, darker on II, etc.)
    But it was still THAT signature tone, throughout those six albums.

ADKOT, tone wise & song wise, does not fit in line with the original six albums, which is okay.
    It's a departure, it's it's own thing (sharing some tonal sensibilities of the Van Hagar era).

What i'm saying is:

The first six share that signature CVH sound & writing style.
    There is a progression, but it's all part of that same recipe from '78.

For me, ADKOT sounds like something from the FUCK era, but with Roth creating better melodies & lyrics.
    I agree with that, except I think ADKOT has a more "classic" feel than FUCK. The riffs/structure of some of the songs do remind me of the early records.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Belittle? Come one, am I that aggressive towards you? I did say you can like what you like, I just wondered about it. Jeez, man. Every Canadian seems to be so touchy right now...

I disagree. Big deal. A lot of people disagree with me that I don't like Hear About It Later or This is Love on FW. Oh well, "...personal choice...freedom of expression."

Have a nice day.
    actually . it's called 'So This is Love'

i don't care what your favs are , you just seem to have a subtle way of dissing me , while trying to seem 'cool' to everyone else on here .and no , the Canadians are fine and there will be no Apology party for you tonight .

like you said , big deal . and have a nice day too
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Only a little tardy
    actually . it's called 'So This is Love'

i don't care what your favs are , you just seem to have a subtle way of dissing me , while trying to seem 'cool' to everyone else on here .and no , the Canadians are fine and there will be no Apology party for you tonight .

like you said , big deal . and have a nice day too
    Dude, I have no problem with you what so ever. I was just expressing my opinion on your opinion. No big deal. I don't dislike ANYONE on this forum, or atleast the current members. I think the only people I've had any problem with was ...damn what was his name...MadAnthony?? and Uncle Jerry. They were before your time here though. I've expressed disagreement with other members, 1234, UG, Jack, so on. I don't single out members like I have an agenda to do so.

And oops...I forgot the "So"...
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

EVH diehard ...
    C'mon wimpy !

i like ALL eras of VH . that makes me more of a fan than a lot of these posers on here . the whole 'Dave or the grave' argument is redundant , as is the 6 pack versus the 7 pack debate ...

we ALL have our favs . sorry if some of mine don't resonate with you or anyone else . it's all good .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Dude, I have no problem with you what so ever. I was just expressing my opinion on your opinion. No big deal. I don't dislike ANYONE on this forum, or atleast the current members. I think the only people I've had any problem with was ...damn what was his name...MadAnthony?? and Uncle Jerry. They were before your time here though. I've expressed disagreement with other members, 1234, UG, Jack, so on. I don't single out members like I have an agenda to do so.

And oops...I forgot the "So"...
    fair enough , and thanks for the reply .
    maybe i got carried away on that tangent ? maybe i read too much into your post to me ? i dunno , but for what it's worth ....
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."