Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Tracks you skip... - Page 7
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Yours truly, As Is
    I'm with you Robbie, I cant imagine not liking CT and the 3 VH's playing on it. I also like Dave's lyrics. They have an edge to them, like they could have been on Fair Warning, a sequel to the Mean Street lyrics.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    I'm with you Robbie, I cant imagine not liking CT and the 3 VH's playing on it. I also like Dave's lyrics. They have an edge to them, like they could have been on Fair Warning, a sequel to the Mean Street lyrics.
    thanks man !
    you raise a good point about CT being a pt2 to Mean Street . i can see the similarity , now that you mention it .

a lot of people talk about Ed's old vs new tone a lot . i like (love) the sound he gets on ADKOT , but can you imagine if certain tunes were performed with his old cranked to the brink Marshall ?
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    thanks man !
    you raise a good point about CT being a pt2 to Mean Street . i can see the similarity , now that you mention it .

a lot of people talk about Ed's old vs new tone a lot . i like (love) the sound he gets on ADKOT , but can you imagine if certain tunes were performed with his old cranked to the brink Marshall ?
    Yeah, to me, CT would fit perfectly on FW.

Oh boy, if he had the WACF or FW tone on a bunch of these that would be pretty amazing, although I love the sound he got on this record. Plus, Ed has changed his tone from album to album his entire career, so he never sounds the same for more than one record. I'll be curious to see what direction he goes next time. Yes...I'm a firm believer that we havent seen the last VH record yet. When it comes to VH, I've never found being optimistic to be a bad thing, too bad more fans arent that way...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Yeah, to me, CT would fit perfectly on FW.

Oh boy, if he had the WACF or FW tone on a bunch of these that would be pretty amazing, although I love the sound he got on this record. Plus, Ed has changed his tone from album to album his entire career, so he never sounds the same for more than one record. I'll be curious to see what direction he goes next time. Yes...I'm a firm believer that we havent seen the last VH record yet. When it comes to VH, I've never found being optimistic to be a bad thing, too bad more fans arent that way...
    i completely agree !

Eddie had a different sound on every album , that's just how he works . it's uncanny how he could use all different kinds of gear (and sometimes not how they were SUPPOSED to be used) , and still have His style shine through . he could make a cardboard guitar through a tin can sound good , IMO . that's the mark of a great guitarist .
    i too , am eager for the next chapter .

i wish more VH fans were as rabid and unbiased as we are sometimes . it almost seems like certain fans are too quick to dismiss the contributions that EVH and the band have made ? i'll stay positive and grateful , let the casual fans take the pissy route ...
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    i completely agree !

Eddie had a different sound on every album , that's just how he works . it's uncanny how he could use all different kinds of gear (and sometimes not how they were SUPPOSED to be used) , and still have His style shine through . he could make a cardboard guitar through a tin can sound good , IMO . that's the mark of a great guitarist .
    i too , am eager for the next chapter .

i wish more VH fans were as rabid and unbiased as we are sometimes . it almost seems like certain fans are too quick to dismiss the contributions that EVH and the band have made ? i'll stay positive and grateful , let the casual fans take the pissy route ...
    Haha, yeah, they are my favorite band because to me they are the very best! I'm not sure why so many people spend so much time on VH forums to piss and moan about what is supposed to be their favorite band...

I always liked how both Ed and Al sounded different on every record. Eventually, Al found that one of a kind snare tone that he loves, but his toms are different on every album, and in the old days he used a variety of stuff. WACF still is my favorite drum sound and he has a lot going on on that record! It's funny when grunge hit, suddenly everyone regressed to the "less is more" approach, as every drummer had these puny little 5 pc kits that everyone in a garage band would have. For me, VH was always the "more IS more" approach, and that's the way it should be. They are a bigger than life band!

EVH diehard ...
    i really have to go and revisit WACF sometime soon . i always liked it , and if i recall , it was the 2nd or 3rd VH album i got as a kid . actually , it was on cassette !! lol

the reason i want to hear it again , is to better relate to what you're saying about it . you and UG sing its praises all the time , but after DD it was the album i listened to the least ... oops .

JD you KNOW that's not a diss at all , but i need to refresh my memory on that album .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Only a little tardy
    Baffles me how one puts Loss of Control below China Town when they're a similar presence. Sinner's Swing?

Meh, like what ya like.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Baffles me how one puts Loss of Control below China Town when they're a similar presence. Sinner's Swing?

Meh, like what ya like.
    it's called a personal choice , coupled with a freedom of expression .
    it baffles me as to how a fellow CVH fan can constantly belittle my posts and likes on this forum ...

meh .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    i really have to go and revisit WACF sometime soon . i always liked it , and if i recall , it was the 2nd or 3rd VH album i got as a kid . actually , it was on cassette !! lol

the reason i want to hear it again , is to better relate to what you're saying about it . you and UG sing its praises all the time , but after DD it was the album i listened to the least ... oops .

JD you KNOW that's not a diss at all , but i need to refresh my memory on that album .
    Haha, we all have our favs! I still have all my VH cassettes today, and even have the one that had WACF on side 1 and FW on side 2. I played that more than anything as a kid!

I know it has more overdubs than the 1st album, but WACF to me, always seemed to be the most "live" sounding VH album. Just heavy, raw, and spontaneous sounding!

No cheer******s allowed!
    I'm not attempting to pick another fight, but, really? REALLY?!!! REALLY??!!!!

"Chinatown" over "Loss of Control," "Sinner's Swing!," "Bottom's up!"

And we are regarded as the "casual fans?"

Huh???

Man CT is a cool bit of frenzied fun, but nowhere near the majestic fury of LOC, or the sexiness of "Sinner's", or the
    all out steroid boogie of, Bottom's.
    Those tunes are bonafide CVH classics.