Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Tracks you skip... - Page 5
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Haha, it's funny, but I'd say about 95% of the time when I play DD, I crank Intruder but as soon as the first chords of PW start, my finger is drawn to the skip button! I almost never listen to PW or DITS.
    I did the exact same thing.. But when I got my iPod, "Pretty Woman" was the only Van Halen track I left off. No need to skip it anymore...

Like Mike
    Heisenberg needs to attend an Anger Management group or something... Jesus.

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I dig "Little Dreamer"! I don't understand why it is dismissed so often. I consider it a "period piece". I think the lyrics are really autobiographical. I think that is how Roth sees himself, and I find it funny, and interesting that he would present himself that way. It has a very "70's community college, theater class" vibe to it, a bit of "Godspell" in there. Or maybe "Hair"

I can picture Roth being a complete joke when he was taking those classes at Pasadena CC.
    It's cool that you dig Little Dreamer 1234over. I find it a bit ho-hum, actually kind of boring. It's not that I can't stand it, or skip it often. For me it is the take it or leave it song on VH I is all. Maybe it is where it is placed on the album... I adore Feel Your Love Tonight and ICM, I actually love how those two flow one into the other when I do choose to skip over LD. I hear what you are saying about the 70's community college vibe though... very fitting.

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    I don't skip a damn tune from the CVH catalogue.

Nothing - Nada - Zero!
    Brilliant Simon.... I have to admit that on occasion, I do skip a track or two.

A couple of weeks ago I listened to the entire CVH collection TWICE while I was road trippin'. I loved every single song. No skipping.

VH has the best fans!!

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    I thought Canadians were supposed to be the niceguys of Earth?
    Ummmmmm.... sometimes yes. I have met some not so nice Canadian men over the years though!

Nicegirls? Yes, of course EE!!

No cheer******s allowed!
    I generally only like a handful of people, but Heisenberg is a good guy.

He's just defending CVH & Dave, which i understand.
    Cut Heisenberg some slack, don't wanna chase him away so quickly.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Hahaha! I can take it. I'm liable to start a border war. I pissed off RawkinRobbie, and now you. Ahhh, I don't take anything too serious on his board...Let it rip.
    nah man , it's all good !

we had a few clashes of opinion maybe , but i think you're a good guy with strong views - no hard feelings .
    did you ever look up those EVH tracks with Thomas Dolby ??
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelah View Post
    Brilliant Simon.... I have to admit that on occasion, I do skip a track or two.

A couple of weeks ago I listened to the entire CVH collection TWICE while I was road trippin'. I loved every single song. No skipping.

VH has the best fans!!
    i did the same thing in the days before VH played in Toronto earlier this year ... quite a brilliant cataloge those guy have !!!
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

EVH diehard ...
    as far as skipping tracks , i'm surprise so many folks diss on Little Dreamer ..
    i really like it , and it sets a different mood on the debut album . for me , i can always pass on Jamie's Cryin for some reason .

DD has a handful of tunes that i like for what they are , and to hear the musical depth of VH , but can go quite a while without hearing them ...
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    nah man , it's all good !

we had a few clashes of opinion maybe , but i think you're a good guy with strong views - no hard feelings .
    did you ever look up those EVH tracks with Thomas Dolby ??
    Hahaha, yeah I know. I listened to one tune "Eastern Bloc" and it sounded really cool! I was waiting until I listened to all the tracks a few times before I gave an opinion. Thanks for turning me on to those RR, they were way off my radar, and EVH sounds cool in a different context. I'm gonna my good headphones out and get into some deep listening.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.