Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tracks you skip... - Page 4
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Band Manager

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Jeez, take a chill pill.
    NO. His post said DLR is a joke, some kind of class clown. Couldn't be more wrong. Little Dreamer's lyrics are obviously about a little high school girl who daydreams. Most of Dave's lyrics are mysterious and can mean different things to different people, but not that song.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    NO. His post said DLR is a joke, some kind of class clown. Couldn't be more wrong. Little Dreamer's lyrics are obviously about a little high school girl who daydreams. Most of Dave's lyrics are mysterious and can mean different things to different people, but not that song.
    I think the lyrics can intentionally be interpreted in more than one way.

This sure seems like an overreaction to me. Like maybe you have some kind of lingering resentment. It's pretty clear from comments Rothhas made, that he was picked on quite a bit growing up. And anybody that is as flamboyant as Roth takes a lot of shit prior to becoming successful.

But anyway, fuck off.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Git some!
    I thought Canadians were supposed to be the niceguys of Earth?
    Ready, Eddie!

Band Manager

Question

Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    I thought Canadians were supposed to be the niceguys of Earth?
    Not me, some goof calls DLR a joke and I say NO, then his sensitive little pansey ass feelings get offended and tells ME to fuck off.

Whatever.

Band Manager
    You get your little panties in a bunch, fuck you too.
    Hahaha! I can take it. I'm liable to start a border war. I pissed off RawkinRobbie, and now you. Ahhh, I don't take anything too serious on his board...Let it rip.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager

Not me, some goof calls DLR a joke and I say NO, then his sensitive little pansey ass feelings get offended and tells ME to fuck off.

Whatever.
    If you look at my past posts, there is no one that has defended Roth more vigorously than me. I just know that a guy like him understands that not everyone is gonna get it. That's one of the things I respect about him. It takes balls of steel, and dedication to tell people "I'm gonna be a successful musician", believe me, I know. Most people will laugh in your face.

Band Manager

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    If you look at my past posts, there is no one that has defended Roth more vigorously than me. I just know that a guy like him understands that not everyone is gonna get it. That's one of the things I respect about him. It takes balls of steel, and dedication to tell people "I'm gonna be a successful musician", believe me, I know. Most people will laugh in your face.
    Yeah, o.k., cool. I didn't go through your posts but will take your word for it. No problem.

It turns out I'm probably the wrong person for these message boards. I just liked to talk rock and roll once in a while, and that's all. There are some cool cats here on this site, and I will respect your privacy and forum.

For a split second something strange appeared on my screen, as I saw was something about enjoying these cookies, then it disappeared before I could see what it was. Then I cleared my cookies and shut down to make sure there wasn't anything unusual done to me by an internet hacker. I've got the proper updated firewalls and spam protection, but to be sure am going to cancel my current email accounts. A few folks on this internet are just a little too weird for me, and not sure if these sites are safe. Not sure what I get out of posting anyways.

Stay Frosty.

Band Manager
    I know everybody's taste is different but,still amazed how many classic tunes don't get the love.
    Yeah,there are some tunes that have been overplayed and I've heard a million times but,in those cases I mix it up by listening to boot versions (when I can) to keep em' fresh.

I - None
    II - None
    WACF - None
    FW - None
    DD - None
    1984 - 1984, Jump - Not that I don't like it or hate it but,just too much play on that one.I have to throw 1984 in their cuz when I played Jump I always played 1984 prior.Not that I don't like 1984 but no sense playing if Jump isn't following it.To get the full effect they must be played together,IMO.Like Intruder/Pretty Woman.
    ADKOT - Tattoo - I don't hate it,and it has grew on me a bit but,still not making the rotation yet.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I know everybody's taste is different but,still amazed how many classic tunes don't get the love.
    Yeah,there are some tunes that have been overplayed and I've heard a million times but,in those cases I mix it up by listening to boot versions (when I can) to keep em' fresh.

I - None
    II - None
    WACF - None
    FW - None
    DD - None
    1984 - 1984, Jump - Not that I don't like it or hate it but,just too much play on that one.I have to throw 1984 in their cuz when I played Jump I always played 1984 prior.Not that I don't like 1984 but no sense playing if Jump isn't following it.To get the full effect they must be played together,IMO.Like Intruder/Pretty Woman.
    ADKOT - Tattoo - I don't hate it,and it has grew on me a bit but,still not making the rotation yet.
    Haha, it's funny, but I'd say about 95% of the time when I play DD, I crank Intruder but as soon as the first chords of PW start, my finger is drawn to the skip button! I almost never listen to PW or DITS.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    "So This is Love" is a song I skip sometimes as well, like it, but songs about love irk me sometimes. (I'm an evil spirit )

I don't always skip Big River, but when I do I just don't want to listen to it.

I feel if it was still Big Trouble I'd not skip it. "River"...kinda...not sure.
    The song definitely loses a lot of its meaning, especially in that breakdown part. In the original, it's the boyfriend catching Dave. It's dangerous, and has the dangerous riff for it. In "Big River", it's the tide coming up... Yeah, not feeling it...

Love the tune, but I'd take "Big Trouble" over it for sure.