Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tracks you skip... - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    You guys hate all the wrong tunes!

"You're no good" is just killer, listen to that ballsy guitar work.

One of their best cover tune ever recorded!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Like Mike
    I used to skip a lot more tunes when I was younger. These are the tunes I skip from not liking them, not from them being overplayed.

VH1: Little Dreamer and Feel Your Love Tonight (I don't know, it's a catchy tune and I love the bridge part where the main riff is played with the low E chugging, but it's weak compared to the rest of their stuff)
    VH2: Nothing
    WACF: Nothing
    FW: Nothing (used to skip Push Comes to Shove). Actually, I sometimes skip "So This Is Love?"
    DD: Pretty Woman
    1984: Nothing really, though I was never a big fan of "Drop Dead Legs"
    ADKOT: Sometimes Tattoo and Trouble With Never, HBSD and Stay Frosty are skipped almost every time (I know that's going to piss off a lot of people)

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I dig "Little Dreamer"! I don't understand why it is dismissed so often. I consider it a "period piece". I think the lyrics are really autobiographical. I think that is how Roth sees himself, and I find it funny, and interesting that he would present himself that way. It has a very "70's community college, theater class" vibe to it, a bit of "Godspell" in there. Or maybe "Hair"

I can picture Roth being a complete joke when he was taking those classes at Pasadena CC.
    Little Dreamer is just very flat on the album, especially when compared to how they played it live on the DD tour. When Ed uses the flanger on the main riff live, then the song really comes to life. The album version probably has Alex's laziest least interesting studio performance of his career, and everybody knows how much I love Alex...

I am a bit surprised to see Big River come up as a skip for a couple people.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I dig "Little Dreamer"! I don't understand why it is dismissed so often. I consider it a "period piece". I think the lyrics are really autobiographical. I think that is how Roth sees himself, and I find it funny, and interesting that he would present himself that way. It has a very "70's community college, theater class" vibe to it, a bit of "Godspell" in there. Or maybe "Hair"

I can picture Roth being a complete joke when he was taking those classes at Pasadena CC.
    NO. Little Dreamer is NOT autobiographical. The lyrics couldn't be any more clear. ROTH is not a Joke, your post is a JOKE.

Only a little tardy
    "So This is Love" is a song I skip sometimes as well, like it, but songs about love irk me sometimes. (I'm an evil spirit )

I don't always skip Big River, but when I do I just don't want to listen to it.

I feel if it was still Big Trouble I'd not skip it. "River"...kinda...not sure.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    NO. Little Dreamer is NOT autobiographical. The lyrics couldn't be any more clear. ROTH is not a Joke, your post is a JOKE.
    Jeez, take a chill pill.

Git some!
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    You guys hate all the wrong tunes!

"You're no good" is just killer, listen to that ballsy guitar work.
    I don't hate it, I just feel like skipping it from time to time. Big difference, sir.
    Ready, Eddie!

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Jeez, take a chill pill.
    Are you condoning drug abuse, mister??
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Are you condoning drug abuse, mister??
    Not "abuse" per say...

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    "So This is Love" is a song I skip sometimes as well, like it, but songs about love irk me sometimes. (I'm an evil spirit )

I don't always skip Big River, but when I do I just don't want to listen to it.

I feel if it was still Big Trouble I'd not skip it. "River"...kinda...not sure.
    Being a small town country boy, I like a song about a river.

But seriously, Big Trouble was my favorite of the unreleased WB demos, but I like Big River much more.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!