Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Tracks you skip... - Page 15
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Now, that i'm really thinking about it, a lot of those tunes: Woman, Outta space, Blues, Frosty, As is, River, Blood & Fire...

Fuck, if you put out those songs circa Diver down, with a young Dave & those old brown tones (guitar & drums),
    you get one HELL of an album (or the makings of one).

ADKOT in 2012 DOES contain great material, but it's just a different sound (vocally, musically).
    I mean they all do a great job, but can you imagine these tunes coming out circa '83, 84...
    I'm not sure if "Fire" would have been written yet, though.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Now, that i'm really thinking about it, a lot of those tunes: Woman, Outta space, Blues, Frosty, As is, River, Blood & Fire...

Fuck, if you put out those songs circa Diver down, with a young Dave & those old brown tones (guitar & drums),

ADKOT in 2012 DOES contain great material, but it's just a different sound (vocally, musically).
    I mean they all do a great job, but can you imagine these tunes coming out circa '83, 84...
    I thought Blood & Fire was Ripley? So it would have been written back then? Honestly, I can see a handful of those tunes on a post-1984 album. Maybe "She's the Woman", "Big Trouble", "Let's Get Rockin'" would have been on the next one, but not all of them.

I'd really like to see someone play a song off ADKOT with one of Rockstah's amps (RIP), that'd be really interesting to hear.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Band Manager

Yep. I think some of the songwriting on the new record is better than DD and 1984. I still say "Beats Workin" can hang with most CVH tunes. If it were made in 1980 it would have been earth shattering.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Yep. I think some of the songwriting on the new record is better than DD and 1984. I still say "Beats Workin" can hang with most CVH tunes. If it were made in 1980 it would have been earth shattering.
    "Beats Workin" was a song created in the '70s demo? It would have been great on DD.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    "Beats Workin" was a song created in the '70s demo? It would have been great on DD.
    Yeah, it was "Put Out The Lights". It's one of my 4 favorite tunes on ADKOT.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Yeah, it was "Put Out The Lights". It's one of my 4 favorite tunes on ADKOT.
    Yeah, but the changes they made to the tune improved it. I like them both.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I was kinda being harsh with JD, but as i assess it, i can see his point regarding ADKOT.

As you guys stated, it IS loaded with lots of strong material.
    The improvements they made are true improvements, on already really good song's.

Man, if you laid all these tunes down in '82, 83, as they were done today, but with
    a vintage, younger Van Halen...
    I think you'd get one of the best VH records.

"Beats workin" would have sounded killer too, i agree with that.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Yeah, but the changes they made to the tune improved it. I like them both.
    Oh yes! I completely agree. It has one of my all time favorite intros and the whole breakdown/solo/outro section is vintage VH greatness. I also like Dave's new lyrics better too. Just a great song, and along with As Is, B&F, and YAYB, it's in my top 4 on the album...although, really, about 8 or 9 songs are pretty much all bunched up together at the top for me!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Yours truly, As Is
    I was kinda being harsh with JD, but as i assess it, i can see his point regarding ADKOT.

As you guys stated, it IS loaded with lots of strong material.
    The improvements they made are true improvements, on already really good song's.

Man, if you laid all these tunes down in '82, 83, as they were done today, but with
    a vintage, younger Van Halen...
    I think you'd get one of the best VH records.

"Beats workin" would have sounded killer too, i agree with that.
    This is kind of in line with what I was getting at, as to why it's now my new favorite. For me, Ed's best tone is still WACF, and everybody knows my favorite drum sound is also WACF. But ADKOT is really the sum of its parts, and with everything all stirred up together, as a total package, it's just a perfect album for me, and I still play it everyday or every couple of days.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Off topic, but have ya noticed we finally got DLR 73 to take his trollin' elsewhere?!

I knew he'd get bored by our non-reactions, to his "outrageous" statements!