Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Tracks you skip...
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Peace...

Tracks you skip...

Although I do not typically skip tracks when listening to VH, what song from each album is "take it or leave it" for you?

My list:

VH I- Little Dreamer
    VH II- My fave VH album- nothing short of perfection. Skipping tracks here would be criminal.
    WACF- Take Your Whiskey Home
    FW- Sinner's Swing!
    DD- Where Have All the Good Times Gone
    1984- Top Jimmy
    ADKOT- China Town

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelah View Post
    Although I do not typically skip tracks when listening to VH, what song from each album is "take it or leave it" for you?

My list:

VH I- Little Dreamer
    VH II- My fave VH album- nothing short of perfection. Skipping tracks here would be criminal.
    WACF- Take Your Whiskey Home
    FW- Sinner's Swing!
    DD- Where Have All the Good Times Gone
    1984- Top Jimmy
    ADKOT- China Town
    Yeah, I VERY rarely will skip tracks, but my list would be:

VHI- Little Dreamer
    VHII-Beautiful Girls
    WACF-None
    FW-maybe Push Comes To Shove but it would be criminal to do so
    DD-Pretty Woman(but NEVER skip Intruder!) and Dancing In The Streets. These are easily the two worst Dave era songs.
    1984-None
    ADKOT-Tattoo sometimes
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Yeah, I VERY rarely will skip tracks, but my list would be:

VHI- Little Dreamer
    VHII-Beautiful Girls
    WACF-None
    FW-maybe Push Comes To Shove but it would be criminal to do so
    DD-Pretty Woman(but NEVER skip Intruder!) and Dancing In The Streets. These are easily the two worst Dave era songs.
    1984-None
    ADKOT-Tattoo sometimes
    I always find people's unique tastes so interesting JD.

I have fallen DEEPLY in love with Push Comes to Shove...that sensual groove. Al's drum beat there is soooooooo consistent, solid, sexy. Dave's raspy, bluesy nonchalant vocals, Eddie's magical guitar groove? Absolutely criminal to skip it. I change my mind all the time though... a woman's prerogative perhaps?? Smile...

Tattoo is a Tim connect song for me-very sacred. And it was the song during sound check where I caught Ed's eye.

Yours truly, As Is
    I always find people's unique tastes so interesting JD.

I have fallen DEEPLY in love with Push Comes to Shove...that sensual groove. Al's drum beat there is soooooooo consistent, solid, sexy. Dave's raspy, bluesy nonchalant vocals, Eddie's magical guitar groove? Absolutely criminal to skip it. I change my mind all the time though... a woman's prerogative perhaps?? Smile...

Tattoo is a Tim connect song for me-very sacred. And it was the song during sound check where I caught Ed's eye.
    Yeah, Push is pretty damn good...I change my mind, none on FW too!

I really only skip Tattoo in the truck, where I may be pressed for time and want to hear something else during the drive...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Yeah, Push is pretty damn good...I change my mind, none on FW too!

I really only skip Tattoo in the truck, where I may be pressed for time and want to hear something else during the drive...
    Do you sometimes change faves JD?? It seems that has happened to me alot since I joined this forum. I think I have expanded my understanding of VH here, and have gained an appreciation for tracks (through others' discussion and sharing) that I did not have had prior to returning to this site.

When I made my long road trips over the past couple weeks I came to the conclusion that there truly is not a CVH track I hate. Not one.

Push rocks it hard, my fave these days, I simply cannot get enough of it!!

No cheer******s allowed!
    God, i can't imagine skipping "Beautiful Girls," it's such a trademark, sunny, swingin' VH tune.

VHI - Little Dreamer

VHII - D.O.A. (If i HAD to pick one)

WACF - (much like VHII, i like every tune on here)

Fair Warning - Push comes to shove (Great solo, but i never liked this tune)

Diver - Big Bad Bill

1984 - Jump

ADKOT - Tattoo

Yours truly, As Is
    Do you sometimes change faves JD?? It seems that has happened to me alot since I joined this forum. I think I have expanded my understanding of VH here, and have gained an appreciation for tracks (through others' discussion and sharing) that I did not have had prior to returning to this site.

When I made my long road trips over the past couple weeks I came to the conclusion that there truly is not a CVH track I hate. Not one.

Push rocks it hard, my fave these days, I simply cannot get enough of it!!
    My very favorites dont really change much. EWS, Romeo Delight, LOC, Mean Street, GGB, HAIL, Unchained...certain songs that just stay at the top of the heap. But ADKOT shook the tree for sure. As Is, B&F, YAYB, Beats Workin are instant favs.

I do find songs that I get in the mood for and will repeat quite a bit when the mood hits. Or sometimes parts of songs I will repeat a lot(WIL intro, Dirty Movies intro, HFT intro etc.).

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    God, i can't imagine skipping "Beautiful Girls," it's such a trademark, sunny, swingin' VH tune.

VHI - Little Dreamer

VHII - D.O.A. (If i HAD to pick one)

WACF - (much like VHII, i like every tune on here)

Fair Warning - Push comes to shove (Great solo, but i never liked this tune)

Diver - Big Bad Bill

1984 - Jump

ADKOT - Tattoo
    For me, Beautiful Girls is easily one of their more overrated tunes, the worst on VHII, and definitely one of the ones I wish they'd drop from the setlist(YRGM, I'll Wait, PW) in concert. It's a good swingin tune for sure, but nothing about it for some reason, has ever jumped out at me.

VH1 - Little Dreamer (EDIT: I've been skipping You really got me recently, I kind of tired of it.)
    VH2 - Outta Love
    WACF - Tora
    FW - Nothing really
    DD - I'll skip Big Bad Bill some days
    1984 - NOTHING
    ADKOT - HBSD
    Last edited by wimpyliberalbuster32; October 2nd, 2012 at 11:38 PM.

Band Manager
    I only skip tracks because I have heard them so much, as opposed to not liking them.

My skip list:
    Hot For Teacher (I never need to hear this one again)
    You Really Got Me
    Eruption
    Running With The Devil
    Pretty Woman
    Jump
    Panama
    Last edited by 1234over; October 2nd, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.