Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Wolfs new gig.
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolfs new gig.

Wolfs new gig.

Wow no talk about this yet on here?

http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/Sep...sts_Band.shtml

There are a few threads talking about this for the last 24-36 hours.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Oh man, this doesn't bode well for VH, long term...

Maybe they WILL end up getting Mike back in the band.
    Seems like Wolf really digs this crazy "modern" music (he looked really into playing the Tremonti stuff).

Blah.....

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

Seems like Wolf really digs this crazy "modern" music (he looked really into playing the Tremonti stuff).

Blah.....
    Van Halen tried to sell Wolfgang to the fans with a massive PR front on all media and I guess the record company and Live Nation do market research to judge the results.

My guess is that they left it too late to get Dave back in the band and now the curiosity value has gone too.

Of the fans who are fanatic, most will except Eddie's kid on bass, not as a first choice, but as a 'rather this than nothing' choice.

There is a massive group who weren't die hard fans, but got into Van Halen when they had some mainstream success with Pretty Woman, the US Festival, Jump, and 1984.

This massive group of 'soft' fans would respond to a Classic Van Halen reunion, if only to recapture their youth, have a great time and witness rock history.

This is a massive commercial pull on the band, Live Nation and the record company.

My guess is that Wolfgang is already out of the band and the reason Mike was so uncomfortable on That Metal Show when asked about his split from the group is that he cannot speak yet about his return to Van Halen due to contractual and legal issues.

This thread should be re-titled to 'Has Wolfgang Already Left Van Halen?'

Quote Originally Posted by dlr 1973 View Post
    'has wolfgang already left van halen?'
    ................"yes"

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    Wow no talk about this yet on here?

http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/Sep...sts_Band.shtml
    hey Mallon , where ya been ?

it's good to see you back on here while in a while !
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

Blah.....
    c'mon UG , don't give up that easily !! lol

Wolf has stated a few times that he likes Tool and music like that . no cause for alarm , IMO.
    Eddie is recovering from surgery and Wolfie is friends with those guys with Tremonti . remember how we were ALL wondering 'how the fuck does the drummer from Sevendust get to hear the new VH album in the studio ?'

because WVH is buddies with them ... he's using the down time in VH land to jam live with some pals .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Band Manager
    haha...the band has some down time due to Ed's illness.Unlike Mike,Wolf,can fill in for another band and still be the bass player of VH.
    Ed,hates confrontation,he's not going to kick his son out and he's not going to do what he did to Mike by just not even calling him and pretending he quit.The only way Wolf leaves is if he goes to Ed directly and quits.Unless Ed and Dave start making it uncomfortable for Wolf by fighting, I don't see a reason for him to wanna quit.
    VH have plenty of money,live nation,record company,PR,bad ticket sales,no one dictates to Ed who should be in the band or not.Ed, could give a fuck what they think!Ed,could care less about 'selling' Wolf to the fans,his thinking is,Mike left for Hammy,my son can play bass,I'm the luckiest dad in the world to have my son playing in my band,this is totally awesome!!
    I feel for the tour promoter,pr guy, or whoever that try to tell Ed ticket sales are slow you should get Mike back.He better do it from a distance.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    ................"yes"
    you're right , Wolf has left VH - for 2 months to jam with some friends who needed a quick fill in on bass .

i'm guessing that even Eddie has given Wolf the thumbs up for this .
    it might be a form of 'damage control' in a small way from the MA incident , to show he's not a control freak who won't let his son be in two bands !! LOL
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."