Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Sammy's at it again...along with Michael Anthony
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Roadie

Sammy's at it again...along with Michael Anthony

http://www.vhnd.com/2012/09/18/sammy...n-halen-songs/

I partial blame Eddie Trunk and the producers of "That Metal Show" for continuing to give Sammy a place to spew his crap about Van Halen. For once and for all Sammy - no one cares what you think about Van Halen. They have moved on without you and you should do the same. Just be thankful that you were able to ride that wave into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because you wouldn't have gotten there on your own.

Argh!!

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner Swing 32 View Post

I partial blame Eddie Trunk and the producers of "That Metal Show" for continuing to give Sammy a place to spew his crap about Van Halen. For once and for all Sammy - no one cares what you think about Van Halen. They have moved on without you and you should do the same. Just be thankful that you were able to ride that wave into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because you wouldn't have gotten there on your own.

Argh!!
    What else is left to say?

Great post, Sinner!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Argh!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    What else is left to say?

Great post, Sinner!
    Plenty!

Personally I would rather hear from someone who has had a personal connection with the Van Halen brothers, rather than someone who doesn't know Eddie Van Halen, probably has never met him and sucks up to him all the time.

This isn't pointed at anyone person in particular; its just that I would rather have an informed opinion from someone who has dealt personally with both Eddie and Alex Van Halen, and if that happens, in this case, to be Sammy Hagar, then so be it.

Last edited by DLR 1973; September 19th, 2012 at 01:04 PM.

Which one of those idiots picked "Tattoo"?

Like Mike
    They were asked. What, they're supposed to say "fuck off" on TV? I don't like Sammy at all, but the show brought up the topic.

Band Manager

Argh!!
    I understand everyone is sick of Hammy's mouth (so am I) but,don't blame That Metal Show,they had to move the show to L.A. just to get guests too come on.Eddie Trunk and Hammy are friends so of course Trunk is gonna want him on the show.They've had alot of tough years trying to get guests on the show.Many are like Ed and Alex and won't ever do the show.Plus,it gives the show a chance to talk about the VH songs and classic records on some of the other segments in the show.Always love seeing those debates.I'm just glad there is a metal show,even if I have to suffer thru some annoying guests like Hammy once in awhile.

They just asked Mike how he felt about being replaced by Wolfie and Mike didn't have anything bad to say he totally understood why Eddie wanted his kid in the band. He did say he didn't like it when they put Wolf in the pics on the old albums when he first joined the band.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I love TMS, and have become reluctant fans of Eddie, Don (and the other guy, who's name escapes me).
    Sometimes, i really feel like they "get it" and Know their shit.

It was awesome to see King Diamond come on the show, after his triple bypass Surgery.
    For such an evil singer, he sure seems like a sweet, down to earth, guy.
    Doug Aldrich blew my mind as the guest guitarist (what an awesome concept, btw).
    I'm so envious of Doug: The guy looks incredibly cool, plays amazing guitar, and seems incredibly
    humble.
    I wish i was THAT guy!

But TMS has some great debates, some great guests, and i love Jennifer.

I loved the episode where Steven Adler popped out of a cake.
    Fucking brilliant.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I love TMS, and have become reluctant fans of Eddie, Don (and the other guy, who's name escapes me). Sometimes, i really feel like they "get it" and Know their shit.

It was awesome to see King Diamond come on the show, after his triple bypass Surgery. For such an evil singer, he sure seems like a sweet, down to earth, guy. Doug Aldrich blew my mind as the guest guitarist (what an awesome concept, btw). I'm so envious of Doug: The guy looks incredibly cool, plays amazing guitar, and seems incredibly humble. I wish i was THAT guy!

Fucking brilliant.

Damn, bro! I felt the same when I saw Doug in the episode TMS had Kirk Hammet there. Awesome!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I love TMS, and have become reluctant fans of Eddie, Don (and the other guy, who's name escapes me).
    Sometimes, i really feel like they "get it" and Know their shit.

It was awesome to see King Diamond come on the show, after his triple bypass Surgery.
    For such an evil singer, he sure seems like a sweet, down to earth, guy.
    Doug Aldrich blew my mind as the guest guitarist (what an awesome concept, btw).
    I'm so envious of Doug: The guy looks incredibly cool, plays amazing guitar, and seems incredibly
    humble.
    I wish i was THAT guy!

Fucking brilliant.
    I love the show as well.

I can't understand all the bashing I've seen Trunk get from all over.
    Here is a guy - a regualar guy, a fan who has done more for metal - and in particular the roots of heavy metal - it's originators, and legends than any one else I have seen in my lifetime.
    Sure, he's a shlub and not "cool" in the way many people define cool.
    But I prefer it and him that way.
    He talks to you like a human being, no "horns" and none of all the metal bullshit, obnoxiousness and cliches' the hosts in the metal genre feel they must put on.

The man has created a platform that has enabled me to see Uli Roth, 3/4 of Sabbath, 2/3 of Rush, Rob Halford, Joe Lynn Turner and on, and on...
    Artists I would never see or hear on TV were it not for Trunk.
    How can I knock that?