Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Van Halen Cover Tunes
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Band Manager

Cool Van Halen Cover Tunes

What are your favorite Van Halen cover tunes that they have done throughout the years, and what songs do you think they could of do if they were to do another cover tune in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Heisenberg; September 20th, 2012 at 05:13 PM.

Like Mike
    We had a thread like this a few months ago. I'll be honest, your post was insanely long and I didn't read it all, so I'm just going to say that I love Eddie's playing on their over of "the Rover".

Band Manager
    I love their 'Lucille' cover as well,Heisenberg.
    I like all their studio covers, but forced too chose I'd go Ice Cream Man or Happy Trails.Really got into 'You're no Good' over the summer.I love em all!!
    Club days,that's tough as well.I like Hots on for Nowhere.
    What to cover now? Woulda loved to see them do Rock n Roll Hoochie Coo back in the day but now...not gonna work with Dave's vocals limited.

Off the top of my head...

The Faces- Pool Hall Richard
    Martha & The Vandellas- Heat Wave
    Elvis - Jail House Rock

Yours truly, As Is
    My favorite covers on the albums are "You're No Good", followed closely by "Where Have All The Good Times Gone?"

My favorite in concert cover is easily their version of "Summertime Blues", which even managed to smoke the Who's awesome version. I'd love to see them jam on that live again.

As far as in the studio, I guess if they were to do a cover, I'd pick something such as John Lee Hooker's "The Motor City Is Burnin". Dave's baritone is perfectly suited for the blues and that song has some cool guitars on it and of course leaves a lot of room for Ed an Al to improvise and jam.

Oh, I forgot they did an incredible version of "Heartbreak Hotel" in Montevideo, Uruguay. That would also be awesome to hear in the studio.
    Last edited by Jungle Drummer; September 16th, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    My favorite covers on the albums are "You're No Good", followed closely by "Where Have All The Good Times Gone?"
    Yeah, those are probably my favorites as well.

No more covers for Van Halen, please. At this point they should stick to their own stuff.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Yeah, those are probably my favorites as well.

No more covers for Van Halen, please. At this point they should stick to their own stuff.
    I agree. They shouldnt do any covers on any future albums we might get.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Git some!
    I want to hear them in their Mammoth days playing Black Sabbath covers. I'd give my third nut if there were a good copy of a tape or something.
    Ready, Eddie!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    We had a thread like this a few months ago. I'll be honest, your post was insanely long and I didn't read it all, so I'm just going to say that I love Eddie's playing on their over of "the Rover".
    HAHAHA!

I have to admit, i do the same thing:
    i skip over 90 percent of his post's, just to GET TO THE POINT!

Here are my fave VH cover's:

Where have all the goodtimes gone!

You're no good

I still really love both those covers, and i never skip over them.
    I'm sick to death of both ICM and YRGM, though.

Big Bad Bill & Happy Trails?
    Ehhh...
    Take 'em or leave 'em.

Pretty Woman, you ask?

Well, i like it.
    I LOVE Intruder, and those two go together like ham & cheese.

For future covers, i'd like to hear VH tackle Sab's glorious, Lord of this world.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    I want to hear them in their Mammoth days playing Black Sabbath covers. I'd give my third nut if there were a good copy of a tape or something.
    Holy shit!

I just made my post, then saw you also wanted a Sabbath cover.
    Nice.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post

My favorite in concert cover is easily their version of "Summertime Blues", which even managed to smoke the Who's awesome version. I'd love to see them jam on that live again.

As far as in the studio, I guess if they were to do a cover, I'd pick something such as John Lee Hooker's "The Motor City Is Burnin". Dave's baritone is perfectly suited for the blues and that song has some cool guitars on it and of course leaves a lot of room for Ed an Al to improvise and jam.

Oh, I forgot they did an incredible version of "Heartbreak Hotel" in Montevideo, Uruguay. That would also be awesome to hear in the studio.
    First, Erupted, now you!

Had no idea what you posted, but we agreed on the same two covers.