Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
US Festival!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Festival!

No cheer******s allowed!

US Festival!

Judas Priest's US Festival set was just released on DVD, as part of the anniversary edition of
    "Screaming for vengeance."

It's the complete show, too!

I always had the Texas one, that was broadcast on MTV, but i never saw the complete US Fest
    show.

Maybe VH is next up on deck?

Only a little tardy
    I kinda doubt it. Don't think they'd want to when it's so circulated. I think JP made a smart move with that. I'm looking to buy that one for the extras.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Band Manager
    I recently viewed a copy of US Fest that was generously sent to me by a member here.
    Judas Priest, Scorpions and Triumph stood head and shoulders above the pack at this event.

Everyone else - and that includes VH look like amatuers by comparison - a drunk DLR doesn't help VHs sloppy performance.
    The contrast is startling.

To focus on Priest again; they are so tight, honed, and once again - professional - they really stand out.
    Halford is simply comanding.
    Staring the audience in the face and well... Delivering the Goods!

Band Manager

Cool

Yup, Preist was awesome at this show, one of their finest moments. The version of " Victem Of Changes ", is outstanding. I even like the way Halford says. " suck the bone ", during the end of the breakdown section there, I have a few mp3 boots from their official site from79 to 81, and it is interesting to notice the subtle differences from different tours. But this US festival show is my personal favorite. It would of been cool to get some live stuff from Japan in 1979, as I really like "Unleashed In The East ", as well, although it is rumoured that it had been doctored in the studio with many overdubs to make it sound as good as it does.

Ideally, there should be a complete 10 disc box set of everything from this Festival. Im certain there would be a reasonably good market for it, even if they included the other 2 days, as it would appeal to an even wider demographic.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; September 14th, 2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: spelling

I bet it could still happen because record companies are getting desperate for sales and we're the last generation that still buys CD's and box sets. Rock n' roll doesn't sell anymore, except to our generation. This Zeppelin DVD is probably only finally coming out because the record companies are running out of things our generation hasn't already bought.

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    I recently viewed a copy of US Fest that was generously sent to me by a member here.
    Judas Priest, Scorpions and Triumph stood head and shoulders above the pack at this event.

Everyone else - and that includes VH look like amatuers by comparison - a drunk DLR doesn't help VHs sloppy performance.
    The contrast is startling.

To focus on Priest again; they are so tight, honed, and once again - professional - they really stand out.
    Halford is simply comanding.
    Staring the audience in the face and well... Delivering the Goods!
    TRIUMPH!!!! I have never watched the US Fest. I was a huge fan back in the early 80's however lost track of them after the release of Sport of Kings. How long is their set and what did they play Incomudro?

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelah View Post
    TRIUMPH!!!! I have never watched the US Fest. I was a huge fan back in the early 80's however lost track of them after the release of Sport of Kings. How long is their set and what did they play Incomudro?
    I don't remember how long Triumphs' set is on the copy that I have, but it's short - maybe three songs or so.
    You'll find them if you do a youtube search.

When I look at many of todays bands, and I just don't think that they are very good at all - sometimes I wonder if maybe I view some of my old bands through the rose colored glasses of time.
    Then - I see Rick Emmett singing Fight the Good Fight, or Magic Power - and I see that they (& he) really were that good.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yup, Preist was awesome at this show, one of their finest moments. The version of " Victem Of Changes ", is outstanding. I even like the way Halford says. " suck the bone ", during the end of the breakdown section there, I have a few mp3 boots from their official site from79 to 81, and it is interesting to notice the subtle differences from different tours. But this US festival show is my personal favorite. It would of been cool to get some live stuff from Japan in 1979, as I really like "Unleashed In The East ", as well, although it is rumoured that it had been doctored in the studio with many overdubs to make it sound as good as it does.

Ideally, there should be a complete 10 disc box set of everything from this Festival. Im certain there would be a reasonably good market for it, even if they included the other 2 days, as it would appeal to an even wider demographic.
    Unleashed in the East is the quintessential live album - hell Priest album for me.

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    I don't remember how long Triumphs' set is on the copy that I have, but it's short - maybe three songs or so.
    You'll find them if you do a youtube search.

When I look at many of todays bands, and I just don't think that they are very good at all - sometimes I wonder if maybe I view some of my old bands through the rose colored glasses of time.
    Then - I see Rick Emmett singing Fight the Good Fight, or Magic Power - and I see that they (& he) really were that good.
    Magic Power alone is brilliant. Stunning. Rik's vocal tone and ability is crazy good. That good. Ha!!

I wonder if they are touring around? I will have to check.

Ah, nothing wrong with rose colored glasses sometimes Incomudro. It's better than what the actual world has to offer some days...

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelah View Post
    Magic Power alone is brilliant. Stunning. Rik's vocal tone and ability is crazy good. That good. Ha!!

I wonder if they are touring around? I will have to check.

Ah, nothing wrong with rose colored glasses sometimes Incomudro. It's better than what the actual world has to offer some days...
    Rick Emmett still tours Nelah, has for years - and Triumph got together for at least one show a couple of years ago.
    You can find the Triumph show on youtube.

'Matter of fact they were speculating about openening for none other than Van Halen should VH get out there again.
    As we know, Triumph are no where to be seen...

Sadly though, Rick Emmetts' voice is shot for the high notes.
    He's a good singer for his solo acoustic stuff, but it's rough to see that he just doesn't have it for the Triumph material anymore.
    I wish it wasn't so.