Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Led zeppelin 2007 o2 reunion dvd - Page 5
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Band Manager
    A bit surprised their making a film out of this.I didn't think they sounded very good to be honest.

I stopped in Guitar Center yesterday and a sales guy noticed my Led Zeppelin T-shirt and asked me if I knew about the "movie." I thought this was just going to be a DVD, but he said no, it's going to be in over 1,000 theaters! I guess like the Metallica/Slayer thing, they'll show it in theaters for a night before putting out the DVD. I can't wait to see both!

Band Manager

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    I stopped in Guitar Center yesterday and a sales guy noticed my Led Zeppelin T-shirt and asked me if I knew about the "movie." I thought this was just going to be a DVD, but he said no, it's going to be in over 1,000 theaters! I guess like the Metallica/Slayer thing, they'll show it in theaters for a night before putting out the DVD. I can't wait to see both!

About a month before they release the DVD, it's going to be in theaters.
    Hey Hey Mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I must admit, I still found that comment and this one very funny... Damn you, UG.
    It was meant to be funny!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    A bit surprised their making a film out of this.I didn't think they sounded very good to be honest.
    I agree, completely.

I saw the clips & was not all that impressed.
    I'm kind of surprised they are putting it out.
    They should have ended it with DVD, which was a perfect memento of Zeppelin's prime years.

Band Manager
    Yeah,I mean,I can see a DVD of this performance,sort of,but a movie? My thinking was Page and Plant wouldn't think that show worthy of a DVD let alone a movie.Maybe they're just doing it for the fans,I don't know.Can't imagine they would make a ton of money off this.
    My feeling was the same,Unchained,I got about twenty minutes thru it and couldn't watch anymore.The Page/Plant reunion was good but this was nowhere near that.

You guys clearly have no idea of how huge Led Zeppelin continues to be. This is one of the top three grossing acts in the history of recorded music! If they actually did a world tour, it would be the biggest thing that ever happened. But since they're in no shape to go around the globe playing a hot and sweaty show every night, this is the next best thing. In some ways I like this better because there will be closeups and I can watch it over and over again, and the tickets won't be $300 apiece.

They played great (I've got two or three different bootlegs of this show I'll need to break out again)! It was definitely one of the tightest shows they've ever done. They didn't go out there with a new album of weak songs and try to dress and prance around like they were 20 and rekindle everyone's nostalgia, which is where a lot of these things go south. They came out as elder statesmen of rock and played one last tight set of classics (and it was done for charity, which is where I bet these proceeds will go).

I'm excited!

Also, you're probably judging their performance from weak cell phone microphones on YouTube videos. A couple of the bootlegs I got were recorded by guys with real quality microphones, and it sounds great!

This is going to put me on a Zeppelin bender!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    I'm annoyed that I finally have the chance to see Led Zeppelin in theaters with my Dad, and I'm going to be in another country where I don't know a single soul who likes Led Zeppelin.

Like Mike
    I have a quality bootleg from this show. The only thing that bothered me was the "no jams" rule by Plant... Old bastard.