Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Led zeppelin 2007 o2 reunion dvd - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    There's probably a bunch of people thinking the same thing about the not-so current Van Halen Tour. Just sayin'.
    Definitely. Robert Plant is only eight years older than David Lee Roth, according to Wikipedia. Jimmy Page is 11 years older than Eddie. Now subtract five years for when this DVD was recorded, and they would only be about 5 years older than Van Halen is now.

Plus, I think they turned in the best "Kashmir" ever at that show. I read nit-picking of Jason Bonham, but I thought he really killed it. They wanted to bury the bad memories of the Live Aid and Atlantic 40th reunions, and they did it. They also knew with digital technology and YouTube this was going to be broadcast around the world whether they released it or not, and picked apart for years, so they needed to turn in something good, and they did. It turned out to be a pretty outstanding show.

I look forward to getting this.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Instead of "Celebration Day" , they should have called it:

When Dinosaurs roamed the earth

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    LOL. He started getting all of those mystery stains going starting from about 1979.
    Started making weirder and weirder faces when playing too.

Now he looks like Michio Kaku.
    It's because he suffers from a glandular infection. He's had it his whole life. It was most noticeable when he toured with The Firm and Paul Rogers. Plus, on top of that, he's a heroin addict. It's bound to make a person different.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    It's because he suffers from a glandular infection. He's had it his whole life. It was most noticeable when he toured with The Firm and Paul Rogers. Plus, on top of that, he's a heroin addict. It's bound to make a person different.
    I didn't know about the glandular infection.. Interesting. Wouldn't that make him fat though?

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    Definitely. Robert Plant is only eight years older than David Lee Roth, according to Wikipedia. Jimmy Page is 11 years older than Eddie. Now subtract five years for when this DVD was recorded, and they would only be about 5 years older than Van Halen is now.

Plus, I think they turned in the best "Kashmir" ever at that show. I read nit-picking of Jason Bonham, but I thought he really killed it. They wanted to bury the bad memories of the Live Aid and Atlantic 40th reunions, and they did it. They also knew with digital technology and YouTube this was going to be broadcast around the world whether they released it or not, and picked apart for years, so they needed to turn in something good, and they did. It turned out to be a pretty outstanding show.

I look forward to getting this.
    Zeppelin reuniting for one last show in HD? I'll throw my money at that.

I remember when it was happening, I was thinking "Wow, they're playing on the other side of the world right now". That stuff was all over the news. Me and my friend and our Dads got excited about a possible tour. Even though it would do damage to their legacy, I wish I could see them live to compensate for not seeing practically any band in their prime.

I remember at the time a guy on another forum commented, "They sound like a herd of elephants." I thought that was the simplest, coolest, most accurate description possible.

Page had glandular fever when he was in his teens, and that's why he had to quit his initial musical gig with Neil Christian & the Crusaders and go to art school. I don't know that that's what caused his profuse sweating around the Knebworth period. On "Song Remains the Same" and the pre-Knebworth stuff on DVD he doesn't ooze sweat so much.

The fatness came because he discovered real food. In Zeppelin's heyday he has said he mostly lived on banana daiquiris. In a 1988 interview in Musician with Charles M. Young, I think it was, Young says that Page leaves behind a Whopper and fries under his chair. Guess starving through the `70's got to him.

Then around the early 2000's he clearly took a look at himself and said, "Holy shit, am I looking like a mess!," and he got his act back together.

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    I remember at the time a guy on another forum commented, "They sound like a herd of elephants." I thought that was the simplest, coolest, most accurate description possible.

Page had glandular fever when he was in his teens, and that's why he had to quit his initial musical gig with Neil Christian & the Crusaders and go to art school. I don't know that that's what caused his profuse sweating around the Knebworth period. On "Song Remains the Same" and the pre-Knebworth stuff on DVD he doesn't ooze sweat so much.

The fatness came because he discovered real food. In Zeppelin's heyday he has said he mostly lived on banana daiquiris. In a 1988 interview in Musician with Charles M. Young, I think it was, Young says that Page leaves behind a Whopper and fries under his chair. Guess starving through the `70's got to him.

Then around the early 2000's he clearly took a look at himself and said, "Holy shit, am I looking like a mess!," and he got his act back together.
    Im quite sure the sweating at Knebworth had to do with the hot lights on him more then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Im quite sure the sweating at Knebworth had to do with the hot lights on him more then anything else.
    But look at Robert Plant and John Paul Jones. Even John Bonham was on heroin, and he's dry, too. Page is dripping from the first chord.

Hmm...might be a great time to watch the acoustic set from Royal Albert Hall.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I think it was the drugs & the lights, plus a buttoned up dress shirt.

As he first starts dripping sweat, though, you can hear him mumble, "...and again!"

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I think it was the drugs & the lights, plus a buttoned up dress shirt.

As he first starts dripping sweat, though, you can hear him mumble, "...and again!"
    Listen to it with headphones, it's there. Mock it all you want, when it was first brought up on the site a lot of other people heard it too.