Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
1981 Vs 2012, what are your thoughts? - Page 7
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    hey wimpy , you know i like Motley as well .
    they actually played in Toronto the other night with KISS , but i didn't go to the show ...

i've always liked both bands though (mostly the Crue) and have no problem with anyone who doesn't like it !
    As a die-hard fan of their first five albums, I'm sad to say the Crue is a joke these days.

They have been on auto-pilot for the past twenty years. Their shows are the same twelve songs over and over and over again, they just change up the order.

Vince Neil, sounds absolutely horrible. It's pathetic how bad he sounds. He is fat, out of shape, sings miserably off key, and can't get through a single line without leaving out 75% of it because he gets out of breath. It's really an insult to the band, especially because Mick Mars can't even move his fucking neck, but he's out there every night giving it his best.

They don't write their own music anymore, it's Nikki and about a dozen co-writers from outside the band. Tommy Lee has gone from a cool, rocker drummer to a wigger wannabee.

The song they released over the summer, "Sex" (real mature title guys), is very lackluster.

Rant over. 1981 Van Halen is miles ahead over 2012 Van Halen. But 2012 Van Halen mops the floor with 2012 Motley Crue. That's where you appreciate how good Van Halen is, even to this day. Compare them to the other geriatric acts still trekking.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I knew I forgot one!

Ah, good times those threads. Next up? "Alex is a polygamist!"
    Hahahaha, I hope you're being serious, to be honest.

You still haven't gone into your theories on Eddie and Dave's relationship that I was looking forward to.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Hahahaha, I hope you're being serious, to be honest.

You still haven't gone into your theories on Eddie and Dave's relationship that I was looking forward to.
    I wish I was serious too!
    My theories on their relationship... I gotta be in that mode, where I'm immersed in VH and have been bickering with Unchained and Rawkin' for a week. After that, my mind starts connecting all the different points I want to make. I gotta watch a few hours of DLR interviews, and read a bunch of EVH interviews etc., otherwise nothing will makes sense, and I will have too many holes in my rambling.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Like Mike
    I wish I was serious too!
    My theories on their relationship... I gotta be in that mode, where I'm immersed in VH and have been bickering with Unchained and Rawkin' for a week. After that, my mind starts connecting all the different points I want to make. I gotta watch a few hours of DLR interviews, and read a bunch of EVH interviews etc., otherwise nothing will makes sense, and I will have too many holes in my rambling.
    'Bout to send an inbox to UG and Robbie asking to bicker with you...

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    The great thing is if I ban Sum this time, there won't be any braindead suck ups to start a "Bring back SUM!" thread. He finally turned his own entourage against himself.
    The real REASON I don't wish to post here much anymore is because of nimrods like yourself, Mr. Absent Minded Professor. You are about THEE most clueless person I have ever came across on the internet. You do not do your job as a moderator worth a damn at all. You're lame and you're a puss. You never should have been made a mod whatsoever because you don't know how. From your vapid comments to your usual strangeness, to your lack of action when required, you suck period. You're some wannabe "something" when he finally grows up and cuts his fucking hair after forty years of wearing it that way. People like you, I have zero respect for. You're just some minimum wage telephone solicitor bothering people on a daily basis. Why VH Freak ever anointed you is beyond me. You certainly aren't deserving of it and that's why this website is DEAD LAST amongst the few remaining VH sites on the internet. You bring NOTHING to this place whatsoever.

Unchained, fuck, he's STILL the most naive person I've ever met on the internet. Preys on young chicks from his work because he doesn't have the balls to go out in real life to get a gal his own age.

As far as ADKOT, its okay, not great. Nowhere as good as the old stuff.

this place has been circling the drain for awhile now, mainly because Freak doesn't care about his website.
    Last edited by i1sum2!; September 23rd, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

THEE bassist for VH
    ...and I will have too many holes in my rambling.
    Kind of like your musical "ability" huh?

LMAO!

You don't have shit nigga

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    As a die-hard fan of their first five albums, I'm sad to say the Crue is a joke these days.

They have been on auto-pilot for the past twenty years. Their shows are the same twelve songs over and over and over again, they just change up the order.

Vince Neil, sounds absolutely horrible. It's pathetic how bad he sounds. He is fat, out of shape, sings miserably off key, and can't get through a single line without leaving out 75% of it because he gets out of breath. It's really an insult to the band, especially because Mick Mars can't even move his fucking neck, but he's out there every night giving it his best.

They don't write their own music anymore, it's Nikki and about a dozen co-writers from outside the band. Tommy Lee has gone from a cool, rocker drummer to a wigger wannabee.

The song they released over the summer, "Sex" (real mature title guys), is very lackluster.

Rant over. 1981 Van Halen is miles ahead over 2012 Van Halen. But 2012 Van Halen mops the floor with 2012 Motley Crue. That's where you appreciate how good Van Halen is, even to this day. Compare them to the other geriatric acts still trekking.
    thanks for this great reply ! to be honest , i was a bit shocked to hear your views on the current Motley ...
    i do agree with you , and gotta love Mick Mars for going out every night and wailing , even in light of his medical condition . haters can say what they want , but that takes balls and dedication , IMO.

back on topic - VH in 2012 did a fantastic job of returning to form . 3/4 original or not - they ROCKED !!!!
    1981 era VH was another beast entirely , but after 30 some odd years i was very impressed .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Only a little tardy
    A shock? Even I'll agree to it, and I like Motley Crue. Today they're terrible performers in comparison to the 80s. No. This isn't an arguement of "but its not the 80s anymore." I saw Iron Maiden and Judas Priest earlier this year. They're older than MC, and performed fantastically.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    A shock? Even I'll agree to it, and I like Motley Crue. Today they're terrible performers in comparison to the 80s. No. This isn't an arguement of "but its not the 80s anymore." I saw Iron Maiden and Judas Priest earlier this year. They're older than MC, and performed fantastically.
    oh I agree too , Nick .
    i was shocked to read that from wimpy , because i know he loves the Crue .

if he's made similar posts before , then i've missed 'em

not wanting to cause an argument either , but i've never been a fan of Maiden or Priest , save for a couple of tunes .
    to each their own .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    i was shocked to read that from wimpy , because i know he loves the Crue .
    I do love them, and I'll defend their back catalog until I die. But nowadays, they just aren't the same. They've lost their "Motley" attitude, in their music and persona.