Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Vote for Eddie! Greatest Guitarist of all time - Page 19
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Yikes, looks like Jack White slipped in there, as well, taking over the lead from both guys...

Roadie
    just voted (for Ed)
    as of right now

Ed 52.47% (2420 votes)
    Alex 47.53% (2192 votes)

228 vote margin

Like Mike
    I love Alex Lifeson, but how is it that close?
    I guess that Rush have really helped themselves by releasing a lot of live stuff, along with a documentary movie.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I love Alex Lifeson, but how is it that close?
    I guess that Rush have really helped themselves by releasing a lot of live stuff, along with a documentary movie.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Rush's Facebook page announced it to get votes. Looks like that's what Queen did and May ended up defeating Jimmy Page, which is just as big a joke as Lifeson beating Ed would be. I cant see any scenario where May should beat Page or Alex beating Ed...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if Rush's Facebook page announced it to get votes. Looks like that's what Queen did and May ended up defeating Jimmy Page, which is just as big a joke as Lifeson beating Ed would be. I cant see any scenario where May should beat Page or Alex beating Ed...
    May ended up winning?! What the hell?! I don't even...

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    May ended up winning?! What the hell?! I don't even...
    According to a bunch of the comments on the GW site he did. I know...WTF?
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Webmaster
    May had a late surge due to Queen's facebook page. May and Lifeson are both great guitarists but no way are they top four. It should be Eddie vs Jimi. In my mind Jimi is vastly over rated.
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by VH Freak View Post
    May had a late surge due to Queen's facebook page. May and Lifeson are both great guitarists but no way are they top four. It should be Eddie vs Jimi. In my mind Jimi is vastly over rated.
    Yep. But I'll be amazed if Jimi doesnt win the whole thing...

Band Manager

Cool

Obviously it has more to do with who actually votes. It is very clear that bands like Queen and Rush have more " computer nerd " type fans, so that is why. I dont even go to fuckfacebook or tweeter and those type of sites.

It is good to see Alex Lifeson get some respect and attention for his great prolific body of work, as he is a truly great guitarist who has previously been overlooked by these guitar magazines for many years.

BUT: , Without King Edward, there would be no guitar magazines like these in the first place. I would wager that any issue with EVH outsells all others 5 to 1. I'm sure the editors and journalists acknowledge this, and would probably vote for Eddie as well.

It will inevitablely be a conflicting desision when it comes to Hendrix, as most heavy guitar rock fans like me would probably hold them both in the utmost highest supreme position, but Eddie is the Hendrix of my generation, so my desicion is easy.

The King of 10 fingers and 6 strings, EDWARD VAN HALEN!!!! #1.

Im not even gonna waste my time commenting on Brian May winning over Jimmy Page. Fucking ridiculas, what a joke. Queen was great too, but not better than Zeppelin. Fucking shit, something's really wrong with that pile of horseshit. Internet voters.

Yours truly, As Is
    So, did Ed hang on for the W?