Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Eddie Van Halen underwent an emergency surgery...
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    TROUBLE BUSTIN' THROUGH

Eddie Van Halen underwent an emergency surgery...

V-H.COM

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Eddie Van Halen underwent an emergency surgery for a severe bout of Diverticulitis. No further surgeries are needed and a full recovery is expected within 4 - 6 months.

Van Halen's scheduled November 2012 tour of Japan is currently being rescheduled and the band looks forward to seeing and playing for their fans in 2013.

Roadie
    I just saw this on Facebook too...hopefully he will have a full recovery from this. Rest up Ed and get healthy!

Yours truly, As Is
    Damn. Godspeed and get well soon, Ed. This is the same unusual illness that Brock Lesnar had.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    Damn. I hope he comes out of this well.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Fuck, this isn't good.

I a big Brock Lesnar fan, and this is the sickness he had that ruined his UFC career, it took him out for over a year. He got it and recovered in the 4-6 months, but it came back and it almost killed him. It's extremely dangerous and I wish Eddie all the best.

TROUBLE BUSTIN' THROUGH
    A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia.
    Diverticulitis

Last reviewed: April 16, 2012.

Diverticulitis is small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestine (diverticulosis) that become inflamed or infected. Most often, these pouches are in the large intestine (colon).
    Causes, incidence, and risk factors

No one knows exactly what causes the sacs, or pouches of diverticulosis to form. Eating a low-fiber diet is one of the most likely causes.

People who eat mostly processed food, as many Americans eat, do not get enough fiber in their diet. Processed foods include white rice, white bread, most breakfast cereals, crackers, and pretzels.

As a result, constipation and hard stools are more likely to occur - causing people to strain when passing stools. This increases the pressure in the colon or intestines and may cause these pouches to form.

Diverticulosis is very common. It is found in more than half of Americans over age 60.

Diverticulitis is caused by small pieces of stool (feces) that become trapped in these pouches, causing infection or inflammation.
    Symptoms

People with diverticulosis often have no symptoms, but they may have bloating and cramping in the lower part of the belly. Rarely, they may notice blood in their stool or on toilet paper.

Symptoms of diverticulitis are more severe and often start suddenly, but they may become worse over a few days. They include:

Tenderness, usually in the left lower side of the abdomen

Bloating or gas

Fever and chills

Nausea and vomiting

Not feeling hungry and not eating

Signs and tests

Your health care provider will examine you. Blood tests may be ordered to see if you have an infection.

Other tests that help diagnose diverticulitis may include:

CT scan

Ultrasound of the abdomen

X-rays of the abdomen

Treatment

The treatment of diverticulitis depends on the severity of your symptoms. Some people may need to be in the hospital, but usually you can treat this problem at home.

To help with the pain, your doctor may suggest that you:

Rest in bed and possibly use a heating pad on your belly

Take pain medicines (ask your doctor which ones you should use).

Drink only fluids for a day or two, and then slowly begin drinking thicker liquids and then eating foods.

The doctor may treat you with antibiotics.

After you are better, your doctor will suggest that you add more fiber to your diet and avoid certain foods. Eating more fiber can help prevent future attacks. If you have bloating or gas, reduce the amount of fiber you eat for a few days.

Once these pouches have formed, you will have them for life. If you make a few simple changes in your lifestyle, you may not have diverticulitis again.
    GET WELL ED!!!!

Like Mike
    Damn, there's always something that seems to derail him whenever him or the band make progress or are in a good spot, musically, physically and mentally.
    I wish him all the best. He should be able to pull through it though, the man has been through nearly everything.

Peace...
    When I went to see VH in Calgary in May I ended up meeting a VH brother at the preshow party. His name is Charles. He texted me tonight to let me know that Eddie had surgery for diverticulitis. My heart skipped a few beats when I saw the news... Thankfully Eddie is ok. I am happy that he is taking the time to heal. I trust he will be healthy and strong for years to come. How blessed I feel that we have him here and not for one moment do I take that forgranted.

Thanks for posting the info here Grazi, you always are on top of things.

Only a little tardy
    What? Another delay? And they immediately go to facebook? Seems very suspicious. I think there's more than meets the eye, must be internal troubles. Maybe we'll see some dirty laundry come out soon. Wonder if DLR and Eddie were fighting again, or Wolfie was stirring up some trouble...

From VHND:

Eddie's recent injuries have been from scuffles with current Van Halen singer David Lee Roth. Apparently Wolfgang, bass player, was not happy with one of the performances during rehearsal. Roth didn't see how anything was problematic with their playing. Then some nasty words were exchanged between Roth and Eddie. They stopped to pick up a phone call from former singer Sammy Hagar who was "begging to be back in the band" and was "sick of Michael Anthony's nice guy attitude". Sammy has not commented yet so far on the issue, but has said that he might rejoin Montrose with a recently frankensteined Ronny Montrose. Eddie will be under recover for several months.

http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Love ya moms......
    More then likely he had to drink a gallon of that stuff that taste horrible but cleans you out so you can get a colonoscopy. If he dosnt take care of this and his future diet this can turn into something much more serious down the road.
    Get well EVH!