Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Couldn't get on at all for days
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Couldn't get on at all for days

About a week ago I couldn't post a reply again. It kept saying "not allowed on forum" or whatever the message is. I notice it does that when you try to include a quote, but if you just type something fresh with no quotes, it doesn't do that.

Right after that, I couldn't get on the site at all, like Robbie experienced not long ago. It kept saying "cannot contact server." I tried this from two different computers, tried clearing the cache and cookies, and it did no good. I figured the site must be down, but now that I can get on again, it doesn't look like the posting stopped. Really odd. I didn't have that problem with any other site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    About a week ago I couldn't post a reply again. It kept saying "not allowed on forum" or whatever the message is. I notice it does that when you try to include a quote, but if you just type something fresh with no quotes, it doesn't do that.

Right after that, I couldn't get on the site at all, like Robbie experienced not long ago. It kept saying "cannot contact server." I tried this from two different computers, tried clearing the cache and cookies, and it did no good. I figured the site must be down, but now that I can get on again, it doesn't look like the posting stopped. Really odd. I didn't have that problem with any other site.
    Next time that happens, open up a command prompt and try "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew".

THEE bassist for VH

No cheer******s allowed!

I was wondering where you went.

Since Freak updated the site, i've been having a lot of issues as well.
    I can sign on, but it's back to freezing up, usually when i try & submit a post or response.
    Accessing my private messages is hit or miss (lately, it's miss).
    I use Chrome, since Internet Explorer never worked, but it seems the same issues keep arising.

I couldn't get on again! I kept thinking it was a fluke that would go away, but I'm using a proxy server right now! For some reason the site seems to be rejecting my computer number or something. Firefox will say the server can't be contacted, but now through the proxy server, here I am. I tried the ipconfig release/renew thing, too, and it just reset my WiFi connnection. Amazingly I can post through this proxy server. I'm thinking this happens after I ban a spammer, somehow it's banning me, too, or something? Also sometimes if I quote somebody in my post, it will say I can't do that on this server. Jungle Drummer said that had happened to him, too.

Now I'm back on with no problem at all. This place runs like a top.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Must be a coincidence, or you had a virus.
    I don't think Freak has been on here, in a while.

EVH diehard ...
    i was having some similar issues over the last 2 months or so .

i guess the software can go a bit wonky sometimes ??
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    i was having some similar issues over the last 2 months or so .

i guess the software can go a bit wonky sometimes ??
    When it happened to me a few months back, the cable company ended up having to send a technician out with a new router. Damn computers.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    When it happened to me a few months back, the cable company ended up having to send a technician out with a new router. Damn computers.
    at least you got the problem fixed , JD .

with me , it was a few issues that eventually lead to the death of my computer . then i was using my gf's every so often .
    i just got a new laptop the other day , so everything seems fine for now ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."