Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Fave summertime song from ADKOT - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Been meaning to post more but I've been very busy. Thank you for the welcome back.

I'd like to see Roth explain "Blood and Fire" like he did a few of the other songs off of ADKOT. The whole song was just done perfectly in my opinion. Love everything about it.

"As is" and "China Town" are currently getting extensive play in my car this summer too. Just an amazing album to be enjoyed all year long.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Rabbit View Post
    Been meaning to post more but I've been very busy. Thank you for the welcome back.

I'd like to see Roth explain "Blood and Fire" like he did a few of the other songs off of ADKOT. The whole song was just done perfectly in my opinion. Love everything about it.

"As is" and "China Town" are currently getting extensive play in my car this summer too. Just an amazing album to be enjoyed all year long.
    Right on. As Is is still my very fav on the album, but I'm still playing it start to finish atleast once or twice a day. I absolutely cannot get burned out on it!

I guess that makes me a lemming as I've been accused of being by sum idiot in the FW thread. So be it...I'm a happy VH lemming!
    Last edited by Jungle Drummer; July 31st, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

A lemming? Nope. You're just a person who's truly enjoying the new album. A great album. Why worry what any negative individual says? Put them on the pay no mind list.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Right on. As Is is still my very fav on the album, but I'm still playing it start to finish atleast once or twice a day. I absolutely cannot get burned out on it!

I guess that makes me a lemming as I've been accused of being by sum idiot in the FW thread. So be it...I'm a happy VH lemming!
    But Dave got his revenge, JD, in one telling line from the album:

"Say ya missed me, Sum...
    say it like ya mean it!"

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    But Dave got his revenge, JD, in one telling line from the album:

"Say ya missed me, Sum...
    say it like ya mean it!"
    HAHA! Yes, just one of many great moments for Dave on the album!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    Intense and loud is so good in the sun. Helps me relax
    Haha....yeah....that energy passes right on through you and takes the stress away as it goes, leaving you kind of like a cat trying to occupy the entire patch of afternoon sun beaming through the window....I get you!
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    Haha....yeah....that energy passes right on through you and takes the stress away as it goes, leaving you kind of like a cat trying to occupy the entire patch of afternoon sun beaming through the window....I get you!
    ...And the said cat going off and trolling an entire website.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    After several months to mull it over, the winner is: Blood & Fire.

Best song on the record, best connection to where they left off post DD & 1984.
    Dave somehow remains Dave, yet he's even wiser, and it makes me wanna cry.
    Ed's solo literally did bring tears to my eyes, first listen (what a beautiful lead break,
    climaxing with those BIG Townshend-esque chords).
    Again, i love the lyrics.
    I love the way Alex introduces himself in this song.
    The middle part/breakdown/pre-solo (that entire section) is GORGEOUS, musically & lyrically.

An immense song, reflective yet powerful.
    As good as any VH song, imo.
    Beautifully put, UG. Blood & Fire makes me smile so big every time I listen to it. Ed's solo in it ranks right up there with my favorites of his: it is quintessentially Edward Van Halen, so full of joy and effortless cool. The lyrics are just so personal, I think, for the band itself, it warms my heart to hear that that is how they feel, you know? Great great song indeed.
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    Beautifully put, UG. Blood & Fire makes me smile so big every time I listen to it. Ed's solo in it ranks right up there with my favorites of his: it is quintessentially Edward Van Halen, so full of joy and effortless cool. The lyrics are just so personal, I think, for the band itself, it warms my heart to hear that that is how they feel, you know? Great great song indeed.
    So glad that Ed didn't give it to Sammy.

Sammy would have killed it with his "Deep, insightful" lyrics.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    ...And the said cat going off and trolling an entire website.
    Makes me think of that old Pantera song, where Phil sang really high pitched!

No way out

When the cat goes away

Over 'n out

The mice come out to play