Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Fave summertime song from ADKOT - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Outta Space without doubt!

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

Only a little tardy
    "As Is" for me..
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

For me it's As Is into Honeybabysweetiedoll....then right into The Trouble with Never into Outta Space...great wake-me-up on the way to work sequence. I just love that foursome, right in a row. That and a delicious cup of coffee, and by the time I pull into the parking lot, there's a smile on my face and I'm all buzzy, ready to go...haha!
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    This is a tough one. "Big River", "Beats Workin"(GREAT choice Nelah!), and "She's The Woman" all scream summer heat to me. But lately I've really been blasting "Blood And Fire" with the windows down cruisin through town. That is a perfect, triumphant summery tune to me with the whole band just blazin away!
    "Blood and Fire" is still my favorite track off the album. Really enjoying it this summer as well.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    For me it's As Is into Honeybabysweetiedoll....then right into The Trouble with Never into Outta Space...great wake-me-up on the way to work sequence. I just love that foursome, right in a row. That and a delicious cup of coffee, and by the time I pull into the parking lot, there's a smile on my face and I'm all buzzy, ready to go...haha!
    Love the tune, but that's a headbanger one, Rav!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Love the tune, but that's a headbanger one, Rav!
    Yes indeed, Simon! Love that energy, that heat....It's an intense tune for sure!
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    Yes indeed, Simon! Love that energy, that heat....It's an intense tune for sure!
    Intense and loud is so good in the sun. Helps me relax

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    This is a tough one. "Big River", "Beats Workin"(GREAT choice Nelah!), and "She's The Woman" all scream summer heat to me. But lately I've really been blasting "Blood And Fire" with the windows down cruisin through town. That is a perfect, triumphant summery tune to me with the whole band just blazin away!
    Triumphant.... what a perfect word to describe Blood and Fire. Doin the victory dance! I love the symbolism behind this song. And for me it all sounds good with the windows down blaring from my car stereo.

The flow of the songs still works for me, almost six months later. I really enjoy Big River into Beats Workin' as well.

I also find the flow between Bullethead (which is catching on for me now, at least lyrically), As Is (still my fave), HBSD (yummy sexual) and The Trouble With Never (which I really enjoyed live at the shows I attended) to be the perfect running sequence...

It is so interesting to hear others' faves....

You can always tell the winners....
    Last edited by Nelah; July 31st, 2012 at 04:19 PM.

No cheer******s allowed!
    After several months to mull it over, the winner is: Blood & Fire.

Best song on the record, best connection to where they left off post DD & 1984.
    Dave somehow remains Dave, yet he's even wiser, and it makes me wanna cry.
    Ed's solo literally did bring tears to my eyes, first listen (what a beautiful lead break,
    climaxing with those BIG Townshend-esque chords).
    Again, i love the lyrics.
    I love the way Alex introduces himself in this song.
    The middle part/breakdown/pre-solo (that entire section) is GORGEOUS, musically & lyrically.

An immense song, reflective yet powerful.
    As good as any VH song, imo.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Rabbit View Post
    "Blood and Fire" is still my favorite track off the album. Really enjoying it this summer as well.
    Hey, nice to see ya back, Rabbit! Ed's solo in B&F still makes the hair on the back of my neck rise. Even though Dave struggled with it, I'd still like to see it back in the set when they resume touring!

Outta Space is my favorite to speed down the freeway to this summer.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!