Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Fave summertime song from ADKOT - Page 6
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Yeah, the tone really sticks out.
    On the later albums it got a bit too processed and distorted, but on here he has his own clear sound.
    Too bad you can't get this album in stores...
    He has the best tone on this record compared to the rest of the later work. I Dl'd this album, so worth it.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Git some!
    Yeah, the tone really sticks out.
    On the later albums it got a bit too processed and distorted, but on here he has his own clear sound.
    Too bad you can't get this album in stores...
    Just download it, it's out of print.

But the guitar work Dime does on the early records is just phenomenal. He was like a mix of Rhoads/Eddie/Lynch almost. And the tone is really good, not that razory sound he had on the records after Vulgar.

Maybe we should create a thread on early Pantera, so we don't piss people off on here?
    Ready, Eddie!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    Just download it, it's out of print.

But the guitar work Dime does on the early records is just phenomenal. He was like a mix of Rhoads/Eddie/Lynch almost. And the tone is really good, not that razory sound he had on the records after Vulgar.

Maybe we should create a thread on early Pantera, so we don't piss people off on here?
    I guess so, someone go ahead and make it haha.

But before you do, I would like to state that the little runs Dime plays in the middle of "Pussy Tight" are crazy. My word.

Git some!
    I guess so, someone go ahead and make it haha.

But before you do, I would like to state that the little runs Dime plays in the middle of "Pussy Tight" are crazy. My word.
    The runs in all the songs are crazy.

Okay, I'll go ahead and make it. It might be just a circlejerk between the four of us... but oh well.
    Ready, Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Hey!
    Alright!
    Woo!
    How 'bout 'cha now, come on!
    Oh yeah!
    Dig it! That's right
    Is everybody ready? Let's go!

(Movin' up and down) Up 'n down
    (Round and round) Oh, round and round
    (Movin' up and down) In 'n out
    (Round and round) Yeow!

Crank it! Blow out!
    Uh! Ouch!
    Help me
    Now flip on over
    Oh baby, you know that I like it
    (Woop! Woop! Woop!)

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I think wimpy just had an aneurysm of some sort....

Somebody Get Him a Doctor!!!!
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    DoughGar Riseth!
    Only if you cover him with a moist towel and put him in a warm place for a couple of hours....
    i will be the flame.....

While I don't agree with anything you just said, that made me laugh.

And see??? We don't agree with each other here, and yet we're laughing together....
    i will be the flame.....

Groupie
    As we all know ADKOT is a great album...a deep three pointer and nothing but net! I've been totally digging "You and Your Blues" lately. I think it's a great example of a classic VH tune, and the fact that it wasn't released as a single and played on tour is a little bit of a bummer. I love the album as a whole, but IMO I think this is a stand out track! I even love the acoustic version on the bonus DVD!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyFi View Post
    As we all know ADKOT is a great album...a deep three pointer and nothing but net! I've been totally digging "You and Your Blues" lately. I think it's a great example of a classic VH tune, and the fact that it wasn't released as a single and played on tour is a little bit of a bummer. I love the album as a whole, but IMO I think this is a stand out track! I even love the acoustic version on the bonus DVD!
    Excellent choice!

"You and your blues" was an early favorite of mine.
    Great chorus, great backing vocals, great chords (again, very Townshend-esque at points).

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by RyFi View Post
    Agree completely. Probably my favorite backing vocals on the whole album. This and B&F should have been the singles off the record and in the live set.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!