Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Crazy storm went through here today....
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crazy storm went through here today....

So this afternoon all the Emergency Broadcast alarms started going off on the radio, warning of a severe thunderstorm headed our way. Although it didn't live up to it's rumored 70 mph winds and damaging hail (at least in my neck of the woods), it was pretty spectacular when it hit...lots of lightning and much needed rain. This is what it looked like outside, just before it hit. I'm not real big on violent storms (AJ can tell you that), but these clouds were so cool....my son said it looked like Mordor from LOTR...I kinda agree....

remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

Love ya moms......
    Where?
    At least you got some rain.......were in the middle of a drought{yes another}and the high temps this weekend is supposed to be 104......yippy!

Yours truly, As Is
    We've been gett!ng a lot of thunder and l!ghtn!ng up here !n the northwest. About two wee_s ago we had thunder and l!ghtn!ng that lasted off and on all day! ! couldnt remember l!ghtn!ng such as th!s s!nce ! was a boy. ! was pour!ng walls and wasnt all that exc!ted to be wal_!ng the top of walls hold!ng the end of the pump that day!

!'ve heard stor!es of guys gett!ng l!t up when l!ghtn!ng str!_es the boom.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Dance Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    We've been gett!ng a lot of thunder and l!ghtn!ng up here !n the northwest. About two wee_s ago we had thunder and l!ghtn!ng that lasted off and on all day! ! couldnt remember l!ghtn!ng such as th!s s!nce ! was a boy. ! was pour!ng walls and wasnt all that exc!ted to be wal_!ng the top of walls hold!ng the end of the pump that day!

!'ve heard stor!es of guys gett!ng l!t up when l!ghtn!ng str!_es the boom.
    Friday the 13th! That was a messed up day! I got caught with my top down. I had to pull over and by the time I had the top back on I was soaked to the bone! Got back on the road and then my throw out bearing broke. Thunder, lightning, an insane amount of rain and a broken throw out bearing. Yeah, Friday the 13th!
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    Friday the 13th! That was messed up day! I got caught with my top down. I had to pull over and by the time I had the top back on I was soaked to the bone! Got back on the road and then my throw out bearing broke. Thunder, lightening, an insane amount of rain and a broken throw out bearing. Yeah, Friday the 13th!
    Aww man, that's the sh!ts. The good ol' Pac!f!c Northwest! Wa!t 5 m!nutes and the weather w!ll change! Atleast we've f!nally been gett!ng some sun th!s month. Spr!ng was a real p!sser...The rest of the country has heat waves wh!le we are cold and soggy aga!n th!s year.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Aww man, that's the sh!ts. The good ol' Pac!f!c Northwest! Wa!t 5 m!nutes and the weather w!ll change! Atleast we've f!nally been gett!ng some sun th!s month. Spr!ng was a real p!sser...The rest of the country has heat waves wh!le we are cold and soggy aga!n th!s year.
    Ill trade you the drought and triple digit temps anyday....

Like Mike
    At the end of 2010, I had a match at the State Aquatic Center. As my Dad and I were leaving the car, it starting raining like a bitch. We had to go run under shelter, and saw half our car getting submerged in about 3 minutes or so. On the way to the stadium, I stepped in some deep puddles and needed to get new socks. During our warm up, a siren went off and we were evacuated because the weather made it unsafe to play (I don't know how, there must have been a leak, since there was a huge muddle in the entrance).
    To get to our car we had to wade into nearly waist deep water. A guy and his son ended up getting a cord and pulling our car out, bless them. Anyway, we had to spend the next to days journeying to and from home in the rain without a car and sorting out it getting towed, etc. We ended up having to get a new car. It was a life experience, nonetheless.

We had some violent storms here, lost power last night and still don't have it.

No cheer******s allowed!
    It's been one oppressive Summer, here in Boston.
    Humid every damn day, thunder & lightning, freak downpours, every other day.
    It will be perfectly sunny, then the thunder rolls in for twenty minutes, then sunny again, then thunder again.

Yesterday we had the tornado/extreme weather warnings, too.
    I don't think much happened, though.
    Very dark skies today.

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    It's been one oppressive Summer, here in Boston.
    Humid every damn day, thunder & lightning, freak downpours, every other day.
    It will be perfectly sunny, then the thunder rolls in for twenty minutes, then sunny again, then thunder again.

Yesterday we had the tornado/extreme weather warnings, too.
    I don't think much happened, though.
    Very dark skies today.
    Just be thankful your getting some moisture as much of the countrys in a drought.
    Still thats pretty freaky for the area.