Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Has this site forgotten Michael Anthony? This is ClassicVanHalen.com is it not? - Page 8
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Wolfie can hit the high notes and is taking the load off Dave... Just sayin'.
    Why stop there?

Why doesn't Wolfgang carry him on and bring him cocoa and slippers?

Dave is old enough to be his Grandad. He makes the rest of Van Halen look so old and passed their sell by date.

Stop this foolishness now and get Michael Anthony back.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    Why stop there?

Dave is old enough to be his Grandad. He makes the rest of Van Halen look so old and passed their sell by date.

So that Mike can bring his cocoa and slippers?

THEE bassist for VH
    Mike is currently busy and cannot be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    Mike is currently busy and cannot be bothered.
    Found this on Yahoo Answers:

Does the Van Halen reunion tour 2012 include Michael Anthony? In my book it better?
    6 months ago

I will go see them out of my quest for my childhood . BUT, they should really really mend the fence with Michael Anthony to call it a reunion tour. I wanna see the Jack Daniels bass solo. Otherwise it is FALSE advertising.

I am Class of 85

GNR baby
    6 months ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

No, Eddie's son is now the official bassist for Van Halen.

Michael Anthony doesn't want anything to do with the band because of all the Roth vs Van Halen drama. He just wants to play the bass, not be a referee. He is happy with ChickenFoot.

According to David Lee Roth, Alex Van Halen is the primary ****** of the group and always used Micheal as a scapegoat. David also said that Eddie is not really the bad guy but just a semi unconscious drunk who always does what his evil bother tells him to do.

Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar just came to the conclusion that they were too sick and tired of all the nonsense and decided to form their own group and just leave all the Van Halen stuff behind them.

6 months ago

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0183836AACUkUl

Why stop there?

Eddie and Alex are just as old as Dave.

Everyone one this site agrees Michael Anthony was an important part of the early Van Halen sound.
    Everyone agrees that he is a super nice guy and may have been wrongly ejected from the band.

But it's all in the past. You keep bringing up how old Dave is, how the hell is Michael Anthony supposed to fix that? Because he can hit high notes? So can Wolf.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post

Everyone one this site agrees Michael Anthony was an important part of the early Van Halen sound.
    Everyone agrees that he is a super nice guy and may have been wrongly ejected from the band.

But it's all in the past. You keep bringing up how old Dave is, how the hell is Michael Anthony supposed to fix that? Because he can hit high notes? So can Wolf.
    Except Ravenna and Simon.

I agree with all that.

Purely by comparison Wolfgang makes them look old.

If you want the years to drop away onstage when your 57, standing next to 21 year old on stage and having the image projected on the backscreen is not the best move.

And more to the point Mike was always like the archetypal regular good buddy and made the others look so much more rock star and a bit younger. (That must be a talent too). The fact that he is noted in references by other musicians who were around Van Halen as being a real nice guy, as I write this, I think they must be mad to pass over any opportunity they have to reunite with him.

I take it most people would like to see Van Halen at the Superbowl?

I bet if it happened one condition would be that its Michael Anthony on Bass.

The original lineup Dave, Eddie, Alex and Mike. Just like 1984 and before.

That would pull in a huge audience and create loads of media coverage.

Yours truly, As Is
    I take it most people would like to see Van Halen at the Superbowl?

I bet if it happened one condition would be that its Michael Anthony on Bass.

The original lineup Dave, Eddie, Alex and Mike. Just like 1984 and before.

That would pull in a huge audience and create loads of media coverage.

Uhh...dude, you may not know this but the SB already draws a HUGE audience, regardless of the halftime act. You're living in a dream land if you think VH would give Wolf the boot an play SB with Mike.

Wolf is in, he's a great singer, a talented player, and he's only gonna get better. Deal with it.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Uhh...dude, you may not know this but the SB already draws a HUGE audience, regardless of the halftime act. You're living in a dream land if you think VH would give Wolf the boot an play SB with Mike.

Wolf is in, he's a great singer, a talented player, and he's only gonna get better. Deal with it.
    DLR 1973 is from London, so you have to give him a break on the Super Bowl one. Europeans just don't get how big football is here.

On another note, you fixed your keyboard!