Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Has this site forgotten Michael Anthony? This is ClassicVanHalen.com is it not? - Page 79
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    Thanks for bumping this up, DLR 1973! I hadn't stopped by the site in ages 'til the tour kicked off. Good to catch up on Mike Anthony these days. Cool to see him comment on Chris Squire's passing a few posts back, I wouldn't have guessed that he'd claim him as an influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Chris Squire, possibly THE greatest Bass player within the rock/prog realm.
    Yes Mike surprises me too sometimes, in a good way.

Just checked out the Yes World website. They have also posted a copy of Mike's comments.

Reading down the list, it is amazing how many musicians who were influenced in some way.

http://yesworld.com/2015/06/chris-squire/

So the guy is holding the record covers for Van Halen III and he says to Mike, "I bet you don't see many of them do you?"

Mike: "Well no."

And Mike asks' "Do I get a cut for what you sell these for?"......."Really!..... so these are for all your friends?"

Videos from July 29 2015

THEE bassist for VH
    The fan in the video went waaaay overboard by asking Mike to sign his STACK of albums. You could tell that Mike was a little perturbed by this. Usually, you only ask for any celeb to sign just one item and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    The fan in the video went waaaay overboard by asking Mike to sign his STACK of albums. You could tell that Mike was a little perturbed by this. Usually, you only ask for any celeb to sign just one item and that's it.
    Yes the fan did go overboard and Mike is no fool, he knows with his signature the value of the album cover increases.

I think Mike may have hit the 'nail on the head', that this fan was going to sell them on.

This guy collects a lot of autographs and from all types of performers. Gary Cherone has signed some Extreme stuff for him too. The link takes you to all his videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/teamderekgraphs1/videos

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post

People ask why we’ve never released the rest of the 1981 Oakland show that we recorded on video. The reason is because we only recorded three songs—“Unchained,” “Hear About it Later” and “So This Is Love.” We actually filmed those three songs for two nights. On “Unchained” I broke a string the first night, and if you watch the video you can see my guitars change just for a few seconds then switch back. We used the second night of audio, so you can’t hear it, but we used video from both nights. The bottom line is we can’t ever release the whole Oakland show because we didn’t film or record the whole show.

Why would they bring all of that equipment for two nights just to film three songs?? Makes no sense.
    Agreed. It makes no sense at all. It may explain the different guitars Edward used on Unchained (the 02 nights stuff). I have always read that Noel Monk took lots of stuff from WB before he was fired from being VH's manager. I don't think he would take the tapes (among many other things maybe) for 03 songs that were already released and showed everywhere on television back in the day. Can you imagine the guy saying stuff like; "Hey, we only have tape enough for 03 songs AND NO MORE THAN THAT, OK?"?
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Thumbs up

Everyone agrees that he is a super nice guy and may have been wrongly ejected from the band.

Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Except Ravenna and Simon.
    03 years and a few months later .... Yep, you're right about my thoughts, hehehehehe!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Agreed. It makes no sense at all. It may explain the different guitars Edward used on Unchained (the 02 nights stuff). I have always read that Noel Monk took lots of stuff from WB before he was fired from being VH's manager. I don't think he would take the tapes (among many other things maybe) for 03 songs that were already released and showed everywhere on television back in the day. Can you imagine the guy saying stuff like; "Hey, we only have tape enough for 03 songs AND NO MORE THAN THAT, OK?"?

I agree, think about it..... They didn't just film the Oakland shows with just one camera.

2 nights, multiple cameras, results in lots of unused footage.

Dave used to run the marketing and production side of Van Halen with Pete Angelus. Either one of them is most likely to have any extra film that wasn't used, including any other songs.

We know the Van Halen brothers were never interested in that side of the business.

One other possible guardian of any lost film is Michael Anthony. He has stated in interviews that he has a massive collection of Van Halen memorabilia.

Happy Birthday Michael Anthony