Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Has this site forgotten Michael Anthony? This is ClassicVanHalen.com is it not? - Page 78
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast

Mike: "Sue and I chillin'!!" May 2015

Mike: "My daughter Taylor and our dog Rita." May 2015

Happy Birthday Michael Anthony June 20 2015

Mike: "Thank you to everyone for singing Happy Birthday to me at last night's gig. You are the best!!"

Nina Has Arrived!
    JUNE 23, 2015

Nina Elizabeth Becerra

Mike: "Words cannot express the love I feel for my family today. Congrats to my daughter Elisha and my son-in-law Billy. Meet my granddaughter Nina Elizabeth, born this morning!! I couldn’t be happier!"

R.I.P. Chris Squire
    JUNE 28, 2015

Mike: "I am saddened today to hear of the passing of Chris Squire of Yes. Besides being one hell of a bass player that I drew inspiration from, I also had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with Chris when Van Halen was touring Europe years ago. He took the time to hang with someone who was relatively unheard of and that was very cool! Chris, you will be missed. Another great rock bassist taken from us way too soon."

No cheer******s allowed!
    Wow, his daughter looks exactly like a young Michael Anthony!

That baby is so cute.

Early on 8 July, LA-based radio show Mark in the Morning officially kicked off summer by sending their "Chick on the Street," Katie Thompson, to jump into Mad Anthony's pool at 7:00 AM! The only problem is that he doesn't have a pool; instead he has the Newport Bay!

Bristol Farms catered the festivities with a tiki-inspired theme featuring Mad Anthony's sauces and Mojitos to get the blood pumping before Michael, Katie and her sidekick Danny jumped together from Mad Anthony's boat dock into the Pacific Ocean.

Permanent vacation
    Thanks for bumping this up, DLR 1973! I hadn't stopped by the site in ages 'til the tour kicked off. Good to catch up on Mike Anthony these days. Cool to see him comment on Chris Squire's passing a few posts back, I wouldn't have guessed that he'd claim him as an influence.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    Thanks for bumping this up, DLR 1973! I hadn't stopped by the site in ages 'til the tour kicked off. Good to catch up on Mike Anthony these days. Cool to see him comment on Chris Squire's passing a few posts back, I wouldn't have guessed that he'd claim him as an influence.
    Chris Squire, possibly THE greatest Bass player within the rock/prog realm.

Mike looks like he's enjoying life & having a good time.
    Tonight, he coulda been playing at Red Rocks though, had the stars aligned.

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    Wow, you're still around GF! I was fearing the worst about you. Hope all is well with you now. I took a LONG hiatus myself.

Mike is always up to having fun of some kind these days. He sold his mansion in Glendora for a few mill and then bought a fairly modest house next to the beach in California. Got his daughter married, so no reason to keep that huge house they had for a long time.

Permanent vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    Wow, you're still around GF! I was fearing the worst about you. Hope all is well with you now. I took a LONG hiatus myself.
    Good to see you too, Sum! I have pretty much retired from message boards these days, but still consider myself a VH fan, so when the latest tour kicked off, I came here to check in. Was very pleasantly surprised by the set list. I'm working overseas for 6-8 months the last couple years, so I gotta live vicariously through Youtube clips for this tour. Hope all's well with you too; it's always great to see some of the other original guard in town all these years later!
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs