Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Has this site forgotten Michael Anthony? This is ClassicVanHalen.com is it not? - Page 43
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 43 of 79 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    THEE bassist for VH
    You won't ever get this magic again. Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    .....They never should have lost him. Ed was stupid, and drunk. Someday I hope he'll see his loss. Probably not though, if I had to guess. He killed a otherwise great band, all over his "issues." These guys are not finishing out in great fashion as I thought they would. It's downright disappointing, as a first generation fan. It's just a "Put on" if I ever saw it.
    Van Halen continually disappoint their fans, especially us first generation Classic Van Halen fans.

I think if the fans managed Van Halen we wouldn't have these problems.

We would have all the original members, Dave, Eddie, Alex and Mike.

A proper world tour, all continents.

Stadiums, arenas, clubs and small venues.

Loads of interviews with band members, and past and present key personnel.

And a near complete release of all recorded material, including film footage all the previous tours and candid backstage/behind the scenes clips.

Also, not forgetting Wolfgang, in his own band supporting Van Halen on tour.

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    Van Halen continually disappoint their fans, especially us first generation Classic Van Halen fans.

I think if the fans managed Van Halen we wouldn't have these problems.

We would have all the original members, Dave, Eddie, Alex and Mike.

A proper world tour, all continents.

Stadiums, arenas, clubs and small venues.

Loads of interviews with band members, and past and present key personnel.

And a near complete release of all recorded material, including film footage all the previous tours and candid backstage/behind the scenes clips.

Also, not forgetting Wolfgang, in his own band supporting Van Halen on tour.
    Could not agree anymore. They should be playing every outhouse, doghouse, you name it. With the original lineup of course. Go out in style. They've denied Australia, Japan, and Europe. Now is the time to make up for lost time.

The Powers that Be always seem to miss the point of such things though.

VHND seem to be trying to mount some sort of all out Wolfgang charm offensive on Van Halen fans.

It's getting to be a bit obvious and tedious.

Most fans I know like to make their own mind up and avoid media manipulation.

This is what there pedaling at the moment:

Quote Originally Posted by VHND
    This week, Alter Bridge/Creed guitarist Mark Tremonti kicked off his first-ever solo tour in support of his solo debut, All I Was.
    As an added treat for fans, Wolfgang Van Halen will be assuming bass duties for the entire two month tour.
    “I am excited to be joining the band and playing this incredible music with some of my best friends in the business,” said Wolfgang in an official press statement.
    Tremonti initially wanted Wolfgang to play bass on his new solo album, but the bassist’s commitments to Van Halen kept it from happening. Van Halen is rumored to return to the road in 2013, after Eddie Van Halen fully recovers from an emergency surgery following a severe bout of diverticulitis.
    Wolfgang joined the band the night before the tour started, to replace Brian Marshall, who had to drop off the trek due to personal reasons.
    Onstage Wednesday night in New York, Wolfgang looked as if he had played with the band since day one. He never missed a note and seemed right at home playing with Tremonti. “Forty-eight hours ago, he had no idea he was going to do this show,” Tremonti told the crowd. “In 24 hours he picked up the entire album.”
    I am very happy for Wolfgang. It's a shame he couldn't be on Tremonti's record.

As for 'Van Halen is rumored to return to the road in 2013', rumors are worthless. It means nothing. So much can change between then and now, just like we've seen in the last week.

We need concrete announcements from the group on van-halen.com.

Raising the hopes of fans and then constantly pissing on them is just so disappointing to watch.

To announce a Van Halen Reunion in 2007 and march out a 16 year old school kid in front of the worlds press was the biggest piss take on Van Halen's fans since Sammy Hagar joined the group and they kept the same band name.

This has got to stop.

Let Wolfgang find his own way in the music business, or after his Dad and Alex retire all he will be left with is a Van Halen tribute act; and how sad would that be?
    Last edited by DLR 1973; September 14th, 2012 at 06:11 PM.

A fun jam with Michael Anthony from Van Halen playing Runnin" With The Devil (No Logo - Nathalie Boubreau on vocals, Bryan Anderson, Mark Guydosh and myself, William Keim (right to left) on guitars, Eric Delli Bovi and Ted Johnson on drums (right to left)) and of course Michael Anthony joining us on bass/vocals...Enjoy!!

This is a real interesting interview. Michael Anthony talks about how the Jack Daniels Bass started and what the Jack Daniels Co. thought of it when they found out.

And what I can't understand is all the bullshit that's talked on this site about Mike not playing bass on Fair Warning.

Well how come in this interview, when he talks about listening to his old records, he says Fair Warning is a favorite of his?

When Mike started out, he made a conscious decision to play bass as everyone else wanted to play guitar, which put him in a position that he was never short of a group to join. The problem he says is that the guitarists would flake out so he would have to move on to another group.

His passion for playing bass guitar really comes out towards the end of the interview.

Like Mike
    I actually think it's possible that Wolfie might go off to his own ventures and try to get Mike back in the band. He seems like the type of guy that would have the band do that... You know, for the fans who hate him.
    If there ever was a time for it to happen, these next few months will be it.

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    Well, you're certainly not the brightest kid who has ever graced this site either. You also didn't grow up with this band. So your opinions are quite limited.

I'd take Mike over Wolfgang any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. He can run rings around that kid. He doesn't bring anything to the show whatsoever.
    Oh, by no means am I claiming to the the intellectual savior of the masses.

For someone who has been on this site for as long as you have, I am actually surprised you can't see that this guy is a complete troll. It's one thing if someone genuinely wishes Michael Anthony were back in the band, but this guy has gone on and on and on about it for months. He also claims to have been David Lee Roth's "jogging buddy" back in the 1970s, but he seems to have forgotten about that.

Yours truly, As Is
    Well there's 10 minutes of my life I cant get back...Sum fuckin moron and his little clone going on and on and on and on...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yeah, exactly right. This is the same horseshit nonesense they go on and on about at the other site, which just bores the living shit outta me.

After 23 long fucking god damned years , Roth triumphly returns, and these whiners bitch and moan about Micheal Anthony. Jesus Christ, what a joke. So there are about 10 diehard fans who are dissapointed and boycott the great Van Halen because of the bass player. Get a grip already and quit living in the past, or better yet just shut the fuck up and fuck off already. Nobody cares except about maybe, 00000.000001% of the overall fanbase. Really, get over it and stop pissing on the parade. What a bunch of snivelling whiners.

Mike is OUT for good, and partially due to being Sammys bumbuddy. Even years before they got back together, I always thought they should ditch him because of that, and get one of Daves old bass players, either Billy Sheehan, or Dave Lombardo. Although that was admittedly foolish fanboy type opinion on my part at that time, but nonetheless felt that way for a brief period.

Having said that, It would of been cool to have Mike there, particularly on that first 2007 tour, and then get Wolfie now that he has grown up and become a far better musician in a short time. Either way, so long as Dave is there, that is the main thing for me.

Whose to say if Wolfie left for whatever reason, that they would get Mike back anyways. Ed would most likely record the bass himself in the studio, and they'd get any old bass player for the live shows. Like the Stones, just have a hired hand. ( which could very well just be how it is contractually wise right now, with Dave and Wolf ).

NOW: Dont get the wrong idea, I do like Micheal Anthony very much, and thoroughly acknowledge, respect, and enjoy his playing in concert and on album. I couldnt be bothered to listen to him in his new band though, maybe if he hooked up with someone good, then I'd check it out for sure.

There are quite a few jackasses on the other site that discuss in great detail about Sammy and Mike, how Ed should apologize for whatever bizzare fucked up reason. A small number of those clowns actually think Ed and Sam will get back together, it just cracks me up. Even if Dave died from an unexpected sword swinging mishap, whose to say they would get Sam. They would most likely call it a day and do something with multiple singers. One of the pro Sammy goofballs actually started a thread about Sammys wedding. They discuss and tear up about how close they used to be and how they wish they could just make peace. They wanted to see pictures of Sams wifes wedding dress. Can you believe it, fucking hilarious. Its as though they think of them as family or something. These are the type of fans that have serious mental problems, and live vicariously through certain celebritys that they are fanatical. Its no wonder they keep there distance from some of these nutjobs. John Lennon and Dimebag Darryll were murdered by a fan.

A good example of how great Mike was in Van Halen is the official live video for BOTTOMS UP!,.it really showcases his fantastic playing, and if you compare it to the 2012 San Jose youtube video, you will see Wolfie is pretty good too, but nowhere near as good as the original.

So in closing, I know this is an unusually long post, but am half in the bag as I type this, and felt like voiceing my 2 cents, so that is that. Bottom line, of course it would be better to have the original classic VH with Mike, but nothings ever perfect with these guys, so that is that. Not to mention the fact they said or was Wolf who inspired Eddie to get back out there after such a long absence. So if anybody doesnt like it thats just tough shit for you. Go fuck yourself.
    1) The Gettysburg Address
    2) Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" Speech
    3) Lou Gehrig's "Luckiest Man" Speech
    4) This

lol