Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Has this site forgotten Michael Anthony? This is ClassicVanHalen.com is it not? - Page 42
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 42 of 79 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    The amount of virtual ejaculate you have spewed over Michael Anthony since joining this site has been rather sickening.
    Well, you're certainly not the brightest kid who has ever graced this site either. You also didn't grow up with this band. So your opinions are quite limited.

I'd take Mike over Wolfgang any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. He can run rings around that kid. He doesn't bring anything to the show whatsoever.

THEE bassist for VH
    Is this the start of Wolfgang finally going out and making his way in the music world and no longer living in his daddy's shadow?

STAY TUNED FOLKS.....

Something tells me that he'll go running back to the safety of daddy though.

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    Well, you're certainly not the brightest kid who has ever graced this site. You also didn't grow up with this band. So your opinions are quite limited.
    I second that opinion.

I'd take Mike over Wolfgang any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. He can run rings around that kid. He doesn't bring anything to the show whatsoever.
    In Van Halen, Wolfgang is quite boring to watch. He hasn't got the presence on stage of Dave, Eddie or Mike.

In the Mark Tremonti gig Wolfgang came out of his shell, a little, and seemed to be enjoying it a lot more.

But compare that to clips of Mike playing, even the Rotus clip I posted. Mike is way more entertaining to watch and listen to.

No cheer******s allowed!
    These clips also illustrate that the music is in Wolf's blood.

He HAS to play, just like Eddie did.
    Instead of using this downtime to play Xbox, he's out there filling in, on the fly.
    He's out there playing, like a real musician would.

Who was the idiot, earlier, that stated:
    Wolf shoulda gone ta college!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    You know I think we ought to all get together on this site and have a bit of a whip around and see how much we could all chip in to buy Michael Anthony's house.

Apparently he had the outside pool and water chute remodeled after bass tech Kevin Dugan got stuck on one of the bends; it took 20 minutes to free him and turned the chute into more of a colander.

But seriously, I have to take my hat off to Michael, as he said in the 360 degree interview above, he had to choose between college and Van Halen, and chose college, er I mean Van Halen. For that his father threw him out of the house. So he made the choice and I'm glad, no, I'm grateful that it turned out well for him and his band mates.

Just think who we could invite over to Mikes pool to play on the water chute? Katy Perry?

You're alright, man.

These pictures gave me a raging boner (and just before i depart for work, too).

THEE bassist for VH
    She's a total pasty assed skank. If she didn't have tits, no one would give a shit about her whatsoever. Overrated.

THEE bassist for VH

THEE bassist for VH
    "I love Mike this much people!"

what a fucking dick

Is this the start of Wolfgang finally going out and making his way in the music world and no longer living in his daddy's shadow?

STAY TUNED FOLKS.....

Something tells me that he'll go running back to the safety of daddy though.
    No I think events can change the bands fate; Eddie nearly dying and Wolfgang joining another band.

To expect Wolfgang to be as good to watch on stage as Mike, or Eddie is asking far too much from him.

The original members of Van Halen practiced their craft, night in, night out, in backyard parties and local clubs over many years.

Wolfgang just does not know how to relate to an audience.

He needs to step back and do these small venues, the clubs etc. and to do that he needs to be in a different band.

Fate has changed the future for Van Halen.

I do hope that we are not witnessing the end of Van Halen.

More than ever they need Mike back.

THEE bassist for VH
    He needs to step back and do these small venues, the clubs etc. and to do that he needs to be in a different band.
    Should have been doing that from the get go. I would have had much more respect for the kid. It's pretty obvious that he wants to spread his wings and fly with the music that appeals to him most. Playing in his uncle and dad's band is merely a side gig with lucrative money. They're established, and he's not necessarily.

More than ever they need Mike back.

They never should have lost him. Ed was stupid, and drunk. Someday I hope he'll see his loss. Probably not though, if I had to guess. He killed a otherwise great band, all over his "issues." These guys are not finishing out in great fashion as I thought they would. It's downright disappointing, as a first generation fan. It's just a "Put on" if I ever saw it.