Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Has this site forgotten Michael Anthony? This is ClassicVanHalen.com is it not? - Page 77
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast
    Mike and Alice Cooper at the end of January 2015.

MEGADETH's DAVID ELLEFSON: How VAN HALEN's MICHAEL ANTHONY Changed My Life

February 12, 2015

During an interview with former RIP magazine editor Lonn Friend at last month's NAMM show in Anaheim, California, MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson was asked if he has ever been able to go up to artists who influenced him and tell them how much of an inspiration they have been on him and that they are the reason he is doing what he is doing.

"I told [former VAN HALEN bassist] Michael Anthony that," Ellefson said (see video below). "In fact, I saw him the other night at the Peavey party, and I told him… I didn't tell him last night, 'cause I've seen him over the years here. I just said, 'Look…' 'Cause he is the sweetest, nicest guy — [he's] just so cool. And I said… Not just his bass on those [classic VAN HALEN] records. His vocals… his singing… I always say… When we [MEGADETH] were writing 'Peace Sells', we were in the band room, writing 'Peace Sells', and at the end, [sings] 'Peace sells, but who's…', I immediately go, [sings higher] 'Peace sells, but who's buying.' I immediately go for that… I call it the 'Michael Anthony harmony.' 'We've gotta get the 'Michael Anthony harmony' in here.' So anytime I'm on a bandstand and there's a vocal, I'm, like, 'I'll take the Michael Anthony part.' So he's, like, defined in my book as a… basically, he's an instrumentation. So I got to tell him that. And he's very humble. But it's always nice to tell people who changed your life, to let them know what they did."

Ellefson is heading to Australia in March for a spoken-word tour. "An Evening With David Ellefson" will feature stories from life on the road and about life as a founding member of one of the biggest metal acts in the world, documenting all the trials and tribulations. The night will also feature a bass demonstration and audience question-and-answer session which will allow fans to delve deeper into all things MEGADETH and David's autobiography, "My Life With Deth", a story about the complex history of the band.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/meg...anged-my-life/

Giving Dave A Break
    MA with John 5 - SGMAD

"I’ve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. That’ll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And I’ve got a lot of spandex, so it’s good to have a versatile guitar that’ll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Only a little tardy
    Seems like Dave wasn't the only one to lose control of his upper register.

Hmm, Roth was supposedly going to do another solo album and with John 5. Maybe Roth is working with Mike too?
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Band Manager
    Yep, Mike's lost some too.

I imagine Sam wouldn't like Mike working with Dave. Anyone else but Dave.

Like Mike
    No Oakland Show in the Vaults Now Confirmed

Fuck.

---------------------

http://www.guitarworld.com/eddie-van...-roth?page=0,1

Why didn’t the band release a live album with Dave back in the Seventies or early Eighties?

I don’t know. We used to tour so much and were on the road constantly, but it never occurred to us that we should record our shows. Back then you didn’t have Pro Tools so it wasn’t as easy to record shows. You had to hire a mobile truck.

People ask why we’ve never released the rest of the 1981 Oakland show that we recorded on video. The reason is because we only recorded three songs—“Unchained,” “Hear About it Later” and “So This Is Love.” We actually filmed those three songs for two nights. On “Unchained” I broke a string the first night, and if you watch the video you can see my guitars change just for a few seconds then switch back. We used the second night of audio, so you can’t hear it, but we used video from both nights. The bottom line is we can’t ever release the whole Oakland show because we didn’t film or record the whole show.

--------------

Well, there it is, folks... Nothing to look forward to from this band now, unfortunately.

Like Mike
    Why would they bring all of that equipment for two nights just to film three songs?? Makes no sense.

Band Manager
    VH could probably do what Zeppelin did for their How the West Was Won DVD/CD.
    Cobble together and clean up what they have, and what they can get their hands on.

Band Manager
    I still find it hard to believe they shot three songs. Just sat around waiting to film each song. If true, that's some stupid shit.