Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Has this site forgotten Michael Anthony? This is ClassicVanHalen.com is it not? - Page 75
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 75 of 79 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    I heard from a trusted source the new album is gonna be previous Van Hagar hits, redone with Dave now... haha

It is strange Wolf posted that vid messing around in Logic.
    But I doubt it means much relating to new music.
    Yes I must admit my post took quite a leap from Wolfgang messing around with Right Now on Logic, which is a fact, to Van Halen re-working Van Hagar tunes or borrowing parts of old tunes for new ones, which is pure speculation.

Maybe they just want to sound the fans out, especially the Classic Van Halen fans, to see if they would be open to hearing snippets of Van Hager music re-worked, repackaged and included as current new music.

As long as it ends up sounding like Van Halen rather than Van Hagar, then I'm personally ok with it, especially if it means Mike is back in Van Halen.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    On the links, some guy associated with Esquire magazine, claims there will be no new VH record (or at least they are not working on one, currently).

Not sure if this guy is legit or not.

The all claim to have "inside" sources (no pun intended).
    Last Autumn, we originally had quotes from Dave and Wolfgang confirming they were rehearsing/writing new music.

Then Dave confirms that they are working on an exciting new Van Halen project.

And more recently Eddie turns up at a mastering studio.

You can't get a closer source than the band themselves.

I would suggest that the guy associated with Esquire magazine may have had his VHLinks account hacked in to by a troll. Not hard to do when most account passwords are 'vanhalen' or similar.

The tell tale sign would be if the guys account was dormant before posting this 'ground breaking news story'.

Surely the mods on the links would be looking into this? Checking out the guys IP address etc.

I know the law, friend.
    Please, please, please do Cabo Wabo!!

I can hear it now, Dave doing that super high out of tune voice........."I wanna walk on the beach, you know I wanna make love in the sea." WOW!!! AHHHHH YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAEEEEEEYEAAAAAAH Ahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! OOOH Woah! Ow!!
    and then he'll hit em with a little James Brown happy feet and some jazz hands....

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    Van Halen's awesome set-list for the next tour (A man can dream...):

Poundcake

When it's love

Cabo wabo/Feels so good (medley)

Love walks in

Dreams

Eagles fly

Cabo Wabo/Feels so good (reprise)

Right now

Jump

Encore:

Why can't this be love?

You really got me

Encore 2:

I can't drive 55

Three lock box

I know the law, friend.
    How could you forget There's Only One Way To Rock!?!?

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Band Manager
    Michael Anthony interview on Eddie Trunk Podcast.

http://podcastone.com/Eddie-Trunk-Podcast

http://cdn46.castfire.com/audio/522/...-0-0-0.64k.mp3

Saw this today posted by Ron at VH Trading its pretty good. Of course you'll probably want to fast forward through a lot of it since Eddie Trunk the host talks so much.

There's some cool VH commentary. Mike says it was Dave who told Eddie to turn his back against the audience when he did the hammer-ons in the early club shows before their breakthrough.

Mike also mentioned he was recently watching an old LIVE VIDEO at home and was blown away by how wild and crazy the audience was back then with Roth.

Then Eddie Trunk brought up the US Festival right afterwards so that wasn't the show Mike was referring to.

Mike talked about Dave being a little too wasted at the US Festival but in a good way. Then mentioned listening to the live recordings and knowing they'd have to fix some of the vocals for the tv special. Heh, Heh.

Mike said he hasn' t actually listened to the full ADKOT album in full only a few songs that he remembered from the old days.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; September 4th, 2014 at 12:57 PM.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Yeah, i love the old school rock audiences: Stoners, metal heads, slutty chicks in painted on denim.

Today, it's a million people at the show, fumbling with their phones.

No cheer******s allowed!
    THE YOUTH OF TODAY SUCKS!

Didn't Louis C.K. say it was all wasted on this worthless generation?

Roadie
    even though Trunk is a total red rocker...I've always thought he really got the original Van Halen and had proper respect for them. Like here I like when he says...

"those first 4 van halen records are untouchable and will stand up next to Zep in history"
    he knows and understands the nuance that thru Fair Warning they were untouchable rock gods... and took a slight dip in 82-84. And just gushes about how those early VH records are ageless.

And Trunk goes into the day he went to buy WACF... how it takes you back to those times listening now... so funny. Same stuff we've said here.

and he also goes on to say some of the later Sammy records don't hold up as well for sound, etc... haha
    Last edited by thismusicsux; September 4th, 2014 at 03:00 PM.

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Yeah, i love the old school rock audiences: Stoners, metal heads, slutty chicks in painted on denim.

Today, it's a million people at the show, fumbling with their phones.

LOL agreed.....

Out of all the concerts I have attended the craziest concert I saw was Rush back in the day.

Fights......check
    Guys throwing liquor bottles from top level into the floor section........check.
    People having sex in the aisles...............check.