Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anyone noticed how quiet Mr Sammy Hagar has gone recently? Has he died?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Anyone noticed how quiet Mr Sammy Hagar has gone recently? Has he died?

I personally really like the peace and quiet thats now coming from the Sammy camp.

Granted, when ADKOT came out Sammy just had to have a dig, couldn't resist it. But under the weight of so many positive reviews Dave and Van Halen have just kicked his ass.

Unless Sammy has somehow died, and no one noticed?

Which I guess is possible.

In 2011, every week it seemed like he was having another bitch at Van Halen.

So people, what has happened to Mr Sammy Hagar? Did he pass away without us noticing? Was he abducted by aliens (again)?

Don't get the wrong idea, his disappearance is very serious. Sammy Hagar is missing.

Maybe we ought to get some posters and t-shirts printed?

No cheer******s allowed!
    I've never bought Sammy's "Aww shucks, i'm just a happy dude with no issues," spiel.
    His book, his repeated slamming of Edward on the talk show circuit, his endless put downs & references
    of the brothers, his initial slamming of the new record, his predictions that ADKOT would never see the light of a day...

I've never, once, seen the guy take the high road.
    He is a jealous, bitter, resentful little man, underneath that beach bum persona.

I'd bet everything, that he wanted ADKOT to flop, to be bad.
    But the overwhelming critical & fan praise of the record, drowned out his early dismissal of it.
    People, critics liked it, and this threw him for a loop.
    The tour was also doing big numbers, while CF played small theaters.
    His ego was bruised, to say the least.

Sammy knows there's no way back for him to VH.
    He can't make amends with the brothers, because the verbal damage he inflicted, is done.

Dance Baby!
    IMO, the fact that Van Halen won't acknowledge his existence, the release of a very good NEW album, a well received tour and Sammy has become marginalized.

In about 90% percent of the reviews of VH's shows, the reviewer would point out THIS IS THE REAL VAN HALEN. Dave and Eddie back together. Making new music and killing it live.

The same can be said of the reviews of ADKOT.

He doesn't matter anymore.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

I know the law, friend.
    Doughgar gif from Wimpy in 3.........2...........1..........
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    My only concern is that Eddie still has a lot of life left in him, musically.
    Alex Van Halen is also still a well oiled machine, and we know Wolfie inspires them both.

But i don't see Dave going on much longer, vocally.
    I love CVH, and Roth is the ONLY guy that can do it, but still...
    If it does end sooner than later, i would not be opposed to Ed, Al & Wolf starting
    another project.

I'd love to hear Ed react to a singer like Jimmy Barnes, who'm is back "off & on" with
    Cold Chisel.
    I'd like to hear that sort of firepower in the vocals, where every member of the band is
    a musical equal.

I do not want Sammy, though.
    But i would be interested in say, a solo EVH record or a new project.
    Ed is playing his balls off in 2012.

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    My only concern is that Eddie still has a lot of life left in him, musically.
    Alex Van Halen is also still a well oiled machine, and we know Wolfie inspires them both.

But i don't see Dave going on much longer, vocally.
    I love CVH, and Roth is the ONLY guy that can do it, but still...
    If it does end sooner than later, i would not be opposed to Ed, Al & Wolf starting
    another project.

I'd love to hear Ed react to a singer like Jimmy Barnes, who'm is back "off & on" with
    Cold Chisel.
    I'd like to hear that sort of firepower in the vocals, where every member of the band is
    a musical equal.

I do not want Sammy, though.
    But i would be interested in say, a solo EVH record or a new project.
    Ed is playing his balls off in 2012.
    Nah, you're missing the important part.................Dave's the lyrical equal of the VH triple threat. They tried firepower vocals before with Gary. We all know how that turned out. Dave is the one for them until death do they part, imho.
    Not to mention, DLR brings something special out of Eddie, musically, that just isn't there with Sammy or Gary.
    Last edited by cowboydan; July 24th, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Nah, you're missing the important part.................Dave's the lyrical equal of the VH triple threat. They tried firepower vocals before with Gary. We all know how that turned out. Dave is the one for them until death do they part, imho.
    But my observation is that Roth's ability to deliver vocally, to bring his game vocally, has deteriorated greatly in a short time.
    I'm not disputing his lyrics, presence or showmanship, but it IS the music business.
    Eddie is all about the music, and my concern is that he will crave a higher caliber singer, eventually.

Some say that Dave was never a great vocalist to begin with, but i disagree.
    I have an assortment of bootlegs from 78-84, and i love his vocals live.

I know the law, friend.
    But my observation is that Roth's ability to deliver vocally, to bring his game vocally, has deteriorated greatly in a short time.
    I'm not disputing his lyrics, presence or showmanship, but it IS the music business.
    Eddie is all about the music, and my concern is that he will crave a higher caliber singer, eventually.

Some say that Dave was never a great vocalist to begin with, but i disagree.
    I have an assortment of bootlegs from 78-84, and i love his vocals live.
    I know what you're saying, and I have the same concern. Maybe I misread your previous post, but it sounded like you were kinda curious to hear a different singer in there. That's the part I was disagreeing with. I'm hopeful that Eddie and Alex appreciate Dave's effort and the things that he brings to the table. They seem to be "getting it" in their advanced age and they seem to have more patience for Dave overall. But only time will tell....
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    I know what you're saying, and I have the same concern. Maybe I misread your previous post, but it sounded like you were kinda curious to hear a different singer in there. That's the part I was disagreeing with. I'm hopeful that Eddie and Alex appreciate Dave's effort and the things that he brings to the table. They seem to be "getting it" in their advanced age and they seem to have more patience for Dave overall. But only time will tell....
    I think the sober Eddie truly appreciates Dave in 2012.
    Just reading that GW article, he seemed really at peace with Dave & VH's last record.
    In those interviews, you can always tell where Eddie is at (he was in an angry, annoyed state around the Tony Iommi cover).
    But this last one, you could really see he was happy with pretty much everything (Dave, the album, the tour).

I know the law, friend.
    I think the sober Eddie truly appreciates Dave in 2012.
    Just reading that GW article, he seemed really at peace with Dave & VH's last record.
    In those interviews, you can always tell where Eddie is at (he was in an angry, annoyed state around the Tony Iommi cover).
    But this last one, you could really see he was happy with pretty much everything (Dave, the album, the tour).
    Yes, yes, yes.....that's what I'm saying. They all seem to have a genuine appreciation for each other lately. Maybe you really can go back home again.
    -David Lee Roth-