Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
More proof that Viv Campbell is a huge prick.........
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Love ya moms......

More proof that Viv Campbell is a huge prick.........

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/vivia...ake-them-back/

"Campbell’s recent announcement of his plan to reunite the original Dio band represents his goal to “take the bull by the horns” and reclaim his spot in the Dio legacy. He explains, “No one deserves to be onstage playing those songs from a guitar player point of view more than me. I wrote those riffs. I’m going to take them back.”

How is he going to reunite Dio without RJD? And im quite sure legally he has no right to call it Dio. Maybe he should just name it 1 prick and 3 scrubs.

This guy needs to get his ass kicked then he can resume with ruining whats left of Def Leppard.

Yours truly, As Is
    Yeah, umm, it really doesnt matter if Ronnie isnt there to sing them...Cambell is coming off as a tad bit arrogant here! He really hasnt done diddley his whole time in Def Leppard...they have really missed Steve Clark.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    What's he gonna do with them? Play 2nd on the bill at local metal fests?

Indianapolis Corn Festival lineup:

"Local favorites "Twisted Iron" open the show, followed by the original Dio line-up (featuring Viv Campbell), with headliner, Canadian rockers Helix!"

Who gives a rat's ass about Viv Campbell? What makes him think it's important for him to reform that band without Dio?

It can only be his douche-ness.
    Last edited by 1234over; July 9th, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    Wasn't there an all-star band named "Deciples Of Dio"? They played a few shows all over the country after RJD passed, playing all their faves.
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!

It's a band. Called Dio. Without....the Dio? Hmmmm......

No cheer******s allowed!
    Now, hang on here...

Vivian Campbell was a HUGE part of what made Dio (the band) so special, to begin with.
    His riffs & playing on those first two records, are as essential as to what Randy did for Ozzy's early solo career.
    A tremendous player, no matter how much of a d-bag you think he is...

Having said that, i find it very odd that Viv wants to "reclaim" Dio.
    He was embarassed by all that stuff & disowned it, in numerous interviews, during the 90's & early 2000's.
    Something is very bizarre, especially with Ronnie now gone.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Now, hang on here...

Vivian Campbell was a HUGE part of what made Dio (the band) so special, to begin with.
    His riffs & playing on those first two records, are as essential as to what Randy did for Ozzy's early solo career.

He was embarassed by all that stuff & disowned it, in numerous interviews, during the 90's & early 2000's.
    Not so bizarre. He hopes to make some money. I too remember him making fun of the Dio stuff ( cuz I never liked Dio much). I can't see there being high demand for "Dio without Dio", but VC probably doesn't make much with Def Lep anymore...
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Now, hang on here...

Vivian Campbell was a HUGE part of what made Dio (the band) so special, to begin with. His riffs & playing on those first two records, are as essential as to what Randy did for Ozzy's early solo career. A tremendous player, no matter how much of a d-bag you think he is...

Having said that, i find it very odd that Viv wants to "reclaim" Dio. He was embarassed by all that stuff & disowned it, in numerous interviews, during the 90's & early 2000's. Something is very bizarre, especially with Ronnie now gone.
    Pretty much these - you summed it up, man!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

Roadie
    Now, hang on here...

You make some good points, and it does seem strange. Although, maybe it's the first time he's been able to re-visit these songs without any negativity connected to them, and he really just wants to play those songs that he wrote with Dio again. Or maybe it is just a cash grab... I don't know. If you read the other stories about it, it makes a little more sense (sort of).

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/def-l...ssic-dio-band/
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/vivia...made-with-dio/

They did have a great band, and those first two albums were really good. It just would have been nice if he could have done this while Dio was still with us.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Not so bizarre. He hopes to make some money. I too remember him making fun of the Dio stuff ( cuz I never liked Dio much). I can't see there being high demand for "Dio without Dio", but VC probably doesn't make much with Def Lep anymore...
    I think you got it, except I'm not sure Vivian is going broke with Def Leppard. I don't know if he gets paid as a hired hand or if he gets paid equal with the other guys, but Def Leppard still plays amphitheaters and arenas, no matter how out-of-date we may think they are on this board. And if you look at record sales in the U.S. alone, Def Leppard is way ahead of the "cooler" names of Van Halen and even Metallica. Worldwide it may be even bigger. But his name is still probably most associated with Dio, so it would almost seem like it was his "solo band" now.