Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Sammy Hagar is a dipshit.
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bop bada, shoobe doo wah

Sammy Hagar is a dipshit.

Sammy: "I could get along with Alex [Van Halen, drums]. I got along at one time with Eddie [Van Halen, guitar] amazingly. Obviously, Mike[Anthony, former VAN HALEN bassist who currently plays with Sammyin CHICKENFOOT] and I are dearest friends on the planet. But Ed and I… he turned on me. I don't even wanna go into it. It's in the book. I said it. It was a horrible, horrible ending to a beautiful, beautiful story. And I'm still disappointed that they have not reached out to be friends — especially Alex, because Alex and I didn't have a problem. But, of course, he sides with his brother, and I understand that. But I can not like somebody, but I can like a friend of theirs, and vice versa. But it doesn't really matter to me. CHICKENFOOT just totally felt right from the day we did it, and it feels so much like early VAN HALEN, when I was in the band at the beginning. And I've gotta tell you: Joe Satriani [guitar], Mikeand Chad [Smith, drums] and Kenny [Aronoff, stand-in drummer] — all of them — they satisfy every musical need I have. I am not hungry for any reunion, I am not hungry for any other band, and I am completely in love with CHICKENFOOT. If it wasn't for that, I'd be bummed about theVAN HALEN situation. But because of that, it doesn't bother me whatsoever."

On whether he can ever see himself patching things up with Eddie:

Sammy: "I can't see why we wouldn't and I can't see why we shouldn't. But I don't know. It's not my goal, I'm not out there wasting energy on that. As far as I'm concerned, he owes me an apology. As far as I'm concerned, if he wanted to be friends, he should reach back out to me, because what happened on that reunion tour in '04 was some of the most miserable, back-stabbing, dark crap I've ever been involved with my whole life and I would never go through that again with anybody or for any amount of money or any amount of fame and fortune or nothing. So until he comes around and says, 'Dude, I'm sorry. I was an asshole. I was wrong. And I wanna be friends again.' I would be there in a second — all forgiveness, just like that. But for me to reach out would be stupid. He'd probably say, 'Yeah, what?! You wanna get back in the band. Hey, fuck you, buddy.' That's probably what would happen. And I'm not interested in all that. Plus I don't wanna be back in that band. I love CHICKENFOOT. . . I love where I am now. I am in a perfect place. I couldn't ask for anything more in life — fame, fortune, love, my children, my family, my friends… I said it last night, I am the luckiest guy in the world.. Luckiest guy in rock, that's for damn sure. Except for Michael Anthony. [laughs]"

No cheer******s allowed!
    But he's the happiest guy in the world, Ryan!
    He reminds us about thirty times in three paragraphs...

Sammy is like the guy that gets dumped, but then keeps reminding you,
    "But life is so much better without that smokin' hot, beautiful, incredible, i'll never find another like her,
    woman!
    I'm so HAPPY!!!!!"

EVH diehard ...
    Sammy knows that EVH was is a deep dark place during that period . i get a real high when listening to all eras of VH , but i have to admit that the Red Rocker is 'off his rocker' if he even entertains the idea that he'll perform the the brothers again .

VH is at an apex right now , and Sam is the farthest thing from their minds ,. IMO .
    it's over Sammy ! thanks for some cool tunes and good times , but move on .

the Van Halen machine is running on all cylinders right now , and they'll be back with more . i'm sure of it .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Haha, for someone who is SO happy and in love with his new girlfriend, Sam sure spends a lot of time blowin hot air about the supermodel ex that got away...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    Sam might be content , but's he's not completely happy .

money helps but it's not everything . SH really must be reeling over how well VH are being recieved lately .
    the acceptance and approval that the band has been met with must make him wanna cry at night ?

he was there for quite a while , but never TRULY got out of Dave's shadow . now the band is back and kickin ass with the original main ingredients .

before Sammy sleeps at night , i can picture him reciting that line from the movie Carrie .
    ".. they're all gonna laugh at you ... "
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Roadie
    what's the context of the quotes? where are these from?
    Kinda silly to rag on Sammy for answering a question.
    im 100% sure that if Sammy wasnt asked about VH, he wouldnt bring them up. I doubt he's getting tired constantly getting asked about them, he keeps answering the questions. So from what I gather Sammy will never take the high road, but I can't jump all over his case for answering a question.

If he is so wrapped up in Chickenfoot, then why does he keep harking back on Van Halen?

TROUBLE BUSTIN' THROUGH
    This just in by Sammy Hagar....

crying-baby-300x300.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gotta hand it to Sammy he knows how to get attention.... he's a PR machine

Halfway to the label!
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    If he is so wrapped up in Chickenfoot, then why does he keep harking back on Van Halen?
    Perplexing indeed.
    Woke up in life to find I almost missed it