Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Favorite VH summertime song... - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelah View Post
    My sentiments exactly.... as someone who always finds the positive.... I run much faster in cooler temps with that intense, heavy VH playing.... makes me feel triumphant on the inside!!
    Yes! Reminds me of that interview with Dave, I think circa 1984, where he said all VH songs were like comin out victorious no matter what the lyrical content, after 3 minutes. Or something like that!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Yes! Reminds me of that interview with Dave, I think circa 1984, where he said all VH songs were like comin out victorious no matter what the lyrical content, after 3 minutes. Or something like that!
    Hahaha.... so true again. Each song feels like success, complete fulfillment in three minutes or so. I actually really notice the victorious feel all over ADKOT. I cannot wait to have that album on ALL summer.

Here is to hot weather coming our way JD.....

Yours truly, As Is
    Hahaha.... so true again. Each song feels like success, complete fulfillment in three minutes or so. I actually really notice the victorious feel all over ADKOT. I cannot wait to have that album on ALL summer.

Here is to hot weather coming our way JD.....
    Yes! Especially since last summer was pretty mediocre, atleast here in Washington it was! I'm hoping for a long, hot, and dry one this year! ADKOT really does feel victorious and YOUNG! VH had something to prove and they threw the proverbial gauntlet down with this album. I'm blasting it right now and my enthusiasm for this record is showing NO sign of slowing down!!!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Peace...
    Yes! Especially since last summer was pretty mediocre, atleast here in Washington it was! I'm hoping for a long, hot, and dry one this year! ADKOT really does feel victorious and YOUNG! VH had something to prove and they threw the proverbial gauntlet down with this album. I'm blasting it right now and my enthusiasm for this record is showing NO sign of slowing down!!!
    I know, actually you don't even need to tell me..... we have the same perspective about ADKOT. Iphone on shuffle..... a running I will go!!
    Last edited by Nelah; April 17th, 2012 at 07:54 PM.

Aww man, lucky bastards!

I love HOT weather, even working in it! Sometimes I think I should've been born in Hawaii or Arizona!
    90 degree weather is horrible for this time of year!! I don't even have an air conditioner anymore, I had to get rid of the one in my room because it was inundated with stink bugs. I was planning on buyin a new one before summer so I'm not prepared for this early heat!!

On topic, 1984 is a great summer album as well! Panama just reeks of driving with the windows down!!

Like Mike
    And vhfanjack..... you have bigger problems than sleep my friend if Poundcake is your summer fave..... hee hee hee!!
    I play F.U.C.K in its entirety before going to bed.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    That.

Is what she said.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I got it playing right now.

Just heard "man on a mission," and i had this fantasy of Sammy & i, hi-fiving, somewhere on the freeway.
    The guy is just awesome.
    Gonna blast, Right now, before i go to bed!

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

Just heard "man on a mission," and i had this fantasy of Sammy & i, hi-fiving, somewhere on the freeway.
    The guy is just awesome.
    You badass rocker you.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

The guy is just awesome.
    I love how I can relate to him being just a regular humble guy, where as Dave just seems to walk all over me. I can just imagine that he'd be more than happy to sit down and have a beer with me.