Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Favorite VH summertime song... - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 110
  1. #21
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelah View Post
    My sentiments exactly.... as someone who always finds the positive.... I run much faster in cooler temps with that intense, heavy VH playing.... makes me feel triumphant on the inside!!
    Yes! Reminds me of that interview with Dave, I think circa 1984, where he said all VH songs were like comin out victorious no matter what the lyrical content, after 3 minutes. Or something like that!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

    Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

    Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

  2. #22
    Peace...
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Yes! Reminds me of that interview with Dave, I think circa 1984, where he said all VH songs were like comin out victorious no matter what the lyrical content, after 3 minutes. Or something like that!
    Hahaha.... so true again. Each song feels like success, complete fulfillment in three minutes or so. I actually really notice the victorious feel all over ADKOT. I cannot wait to have that album on ALL summer.

    Here is to hot weather coming our way JD.....

  3. #23
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelah View Post
    Hahaha.... so true again. Each song feels like success, complete fulfillment in three minutes or so. I actually really notice the victorious feel all over ADKOT. I cannot wait to have that album on ALL summer.

    Here is to hot weather coming our way JD.....
    Yes! Especially since last summer was pretty mediocre, atleast here in Washington it was! I'm hoping for a long, hot, and dry one this year! ADKOT really does feel victorious and YOUNG! VH had something to prove and they threw the proverbial gauntlet down with this album. I'm blasting it right now and my enthusiasm for this record is showing NO sign of slowing down!!!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

    Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

    Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

  4. #24
    Peace...
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Yes! Especially since last summer was pretty mediocre, atleast here in Washington it was! I'm hoping for a long, hot, and dry one this year! ADKOT really does feel victorious and YOUNG! VH had something to prove and they threw the proverbial gauntlet down with this album. I'm blasting it right now and my enthusiasm for this record is showing NO sign of slowing down!!!
    I know, actually you don't even need to tell me..... we have the same perspective about ADKOT. Iphone on shuffle..... a running I will go!!
    Last edited by Nelah; April 17th, 2012 at 07:54 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Aww man, lucky bastards!

    I love HOT weather, even working in it! Sometimes I think I should've been born in Hawaii or Arizona!
    90 degree weather is horrible for this time of year!! I don't even have an air conditioner anymore, I had to get rid of the one in my room because it was inundated with stink bugs. I was planning on buyin a new one before summer so I'm not prepared for this early heat!!

    On topic, 1984 is a great summer album as well! Panama just reeks of driving with the windows down!!

  6. #26
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelah View Post
    And vhfanjack..... you have bigger problems than sleep my friend if Poundcake is your summer fave..... hee hee hee!!
    I play F.U.C.K in its entirety before going to bed.

  7. #27
    Only a little tardy
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,479
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I play F.U.C.K in its entirety before going to bed.
    That.

    Is what she said.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

  8. #28
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I play F.U.C.K in its entirety before going to bed.
    I got it playing right now.

    Just heard "man on a mission," and i had this fantasy of Sammy & i, hi-fiving, somewhere on the freeway.
    The guy is just awesome.
    Gonna blast, Right now, before i go to bed!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I got it playing right now.

    Just heard "man on a mission," and i had this fantasy of Sammy & i, hi-fiving, somewhere on the freeway.
    The guy is just awesome.
    Gonna blast, Right now, before i go to bed!
    You badass rocker you.

  10. #30
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I got it playing right now.

    Just heard "man on a mission," and i had this fantasy of Sammy & i, hi-fiving, somewhere on the freeway.
    The guy is just awesome.
    Gonna blast, Right now, before i go to bed!
    I love how I can relate to him being just a regular humble guy, where as Dave just seems to walk all over me. I can just imagine that he'd be more than happy to sit down and have a beer with me.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. *** Favorite Song On Best Of =VH= Vol. I ***
    By BadassMOFO in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: February 4th, 2009, 03:33 PM
  2. favorite song intros
    By panama's meanstreet in forum House of Music
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: September 30th, 2007, 10:44 PM
  3. what is your favorite journey song?
    By fanhalen 09 in forum House of Music
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: August 9th, 2006, 11:31 PM
  4. Your favorite VH song?
    By alexhalenfan in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 18th, 2006, 02:06 AM
  5. Favorite unreleased vh song
    By diver down in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 15th, 2002, 05:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •