Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Favorite VH summertime song...
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Peace...

Favorite VH summertime song...

It feels like summer in Saskatchewan..... everything is turning green and growing!! Fresh and new.

I am wondering about everyone's fave summertime VH song. What is yours and more importantly.... why?

There are many for me, however my absolute fave is Bottoms Up. It screams summertime- whether in the car, on the deck, hanging on the beach, with friends or laughing uncontrollably. Pure fun.

Why? I have this visual of my brother and I singing our hearts out in his goofy car with a kick ass stereo at our cabin every summer. You could not take the smiles off our faces- our fave band, our fave place on earth, my fave spirit so far. I bet he is blaring VH II from his seat above me.....

Kudos to punkatomic for inspiring this thread after I read his post about Beats Workin' and Big River in another thread...
    Last edited by Nelah; April 14th, 2012 at 05:12 PM.

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    For me, it's Diver Down from top to bottom.
    Every shakedown and breakdown screams sun-up and sundown, Sistah.

I can hear it now.
    17, in my car. Flipping over to side 2. Sun in my eyes. Warmth on my face. Windows open. Dancing in the Streets bubbling away and coming to the boil.

Diver Down is Summer for my memories.

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by IronicA View Post
    For me, it's Diver Down from top to bottom.
    Every shakedown and breakdown screams sun-up and sundown, Sistah.

I can hear it now.
    17, in my car. Flipping over to side 2. Sun in my eyes. Warmth on my face. Windows open. Dancing in the Streets bubbling away and coming to the boil.

Diver Down is Summer for my memories.
    There really is no arguing with anything VH, I am interested in the story behind the choice.

I had DD on in the car this morning doing errands Mister Iro.... sooooo yummy!!

Little Guitars has me hooked at the moment. I am not sure if there is a happier song, spring has indeed sprung!!

The spirit of Bottoms Up though..... killer for summer.

Yours truly, As Is
    Little Guitars and Romeo Delight for completely different reasons. Everything about LG is bright and warm and "happy" as Nelah says. From the tone of Al's drums in the intro to Ed's guitar to the way Dave delivers hs vocals, it sounds like a sunny day.

Romeo, just screams hot Friday nights cruisin and boozin and going to keg-ers with friends as teenagers. Good times and memories...dumb kids.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Yours truly, As Is
    Strong cases can be made for both Bottoms Up and Ice Cream Man as well! Panama is another one that has always just screamed summertime too(more cruisin).

I really like what Punk said in the other thread. Beats Workin especially sounds like a great "summer break" from school song!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Diver Down Diver Down Diver Down!! Dancing in the Street screams summer for me!!

vanhal-diverd_03.jpg

Like Mike
    Poundcake.

Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Poundcake.
    "Lemme get on, lemme get on, lemme get on some o' that
    Shake it up, bake it up nice, uh!
    Lemme get on, lemme get on, lemme get on all that
    I so love my baby's poundcake"

Stay subtle, Sam.

It's going to hit 90 degrees here tomorrow!!

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Little Guitars and Romeo Delight for completely different reasons. Everything about LG is bright and warm and "happy" as Nelah says. From the tone of Al's drums in the intro to Ed's guitar to the way Dave delivers hs vocals, it sounds like a sunny day.

Romeo, just screams hot Friday nights cruisin and boozin and going to keg-ers with friends as teenagers. Good times and memories...dumb kids.
    Agreed JD..... so I had my Little Guitars day yesterday.... today snow... . Ain't Talking Bout Love.....

Little Guitars also screams PARTY, in a different way that Romeo...

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Strong cases can be made for both Bottoms Up and Ice Cream Man as well! Panama is another one that has always just screamed summertime too(more cruisin).

I really like what Punk said in the other thread. Beats Workin especially sounds like a great "summer break" from school song!
    Strong case indeed for Bottoms's Up.... and obviously ICM as well. Oh yes, Panama..... is a cruiser for certain. And the Cradle Will Rock speaks "gangsta" to me a bit.... slowly rollin in some huge car with a bunch of pimp like men.... Not that I ever did that....

So many choices.....