Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Has anyone else been noticing erratic weather patterns? - Page 4
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    The thing about climate change, if it is real and that is what is causing this weird shit, is there is nothing we can do about it. You can drive all the hybrids you want and use green products etc, but the holes in the ozone are already there and won't go away.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    The thing about climate change, if it is real and that is what is causing this weird shit, is there is nothing we can do about it. You can drive all the hybrids you want and use green products etc, but the holes in the ozone are already there and won't go away.
    The ozone layer has nothing to do with climate change...

Furthermore, I think the holes can be recovered over time. I can't remember anymore.

Groupie
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Rose View Post
    There was a snowstorm in Edmonton last night and it mostly melted halfway through the day. Yesterday it was warm and there was no snow on the ground. The same thing happened about a week ago. This winter has been infamous for sudden temperature changes. I wanted to ask if this has been happening anywhere else.
    The weather here in Holland is weird too.
    It was really warm 2 weeks ago, we were already thinking about going to the beach.
    But a week later it was almost freezing again.
    The winter here was relatively warm, until January.
    Then it got really cold for about 2/3 weeks, up to -23 C at night.
    This was the coldest measured temperature in Holland in about 30 years.

Groupie
    Double post.
    Guess my laptop is being weird again.

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Erratic is one way of putting it.

I'm in the UK and the weather is always "erratic", but the context was always bound by the seasons.
    Now we seem to randomly have winter and summer days back to back and out of season.
    Last weeks weather consisted of heavy snowstorms and early summer days.

As for Global Warming, well, there's so much "paid for" evidence on both sides of the argument. It's convenient to say it's all bollocks. I really don't know.

Polar Shift Hypothesis is the flavour-of-the-month cataclysm, now.
    Yes apparently the poles are going to swap in a matter of hours. Doom. I saw a BBC documentary about it, so it must be true. *sarcasm*

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    So let's loosen emission restrictions!

One thing that could help is diverting money from the military, towards ecological research.

After decades of denying that there was in fact global warming, now the response from right -wingers is "well, it's to late to do anything about it anyway". Thanks!
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post

One thing that could help is diverting money from the military, towards ecological research.

After decades of denying that there was in fact global warming, now the response from right -wingers is "well, it's to late to do anything about it anyway". Thanks!
    Or the other popular repsonse is, "Maybe it's just the man upstairs," meaning God has decreed it, so we should all just sit down and shut up and accept the end of the human race while some billionaires spend the end days with their feet propped up catching some rays in Monte Carlo.

Love ya moms......
    The magical kenyan wants everyone to go green.
    Go green!

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post

That's not really fair to say. I never said I didn't think we shouldn't do anything, I think we should try the best we can (within reason) to be more "eco friendly."

I'm just saying, in the grand scheme of things, mother nature is out of our control. If the planet is warming, we can try and put band-aids on the problem, bu it will eventually get us. The earth has cooled and warmed without human influence before. If it is going to happen there isn't much we can do about it.

No cheer******s allowed!
    During a documentary from National Geographic on the planets, scientists said the Earth's fate is that of it's sister
    planet, Venus: a 500 degree hell hole.

But we don't need to speed up the process, by being lazy & in denial.
    A lot of people clearly do see changing their ways as "inconvienent" with the mentality of, "I'll be
    dead before it get's too bad, who cares?"
    Those same folks, to make themselves feel less guilt, are also the one's that make fun of those that attempt
    to preserve the Earth, claiming, "There is no such thing as global warming!"