Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Has anyone else been noticing erratic weather patterns?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Some local kid

Has anyone else been noticing erratic weather patterns?

There was a snowstorm in Edmonton last night and it mostly melted halfway through the day. Yesterday it was warm and there was no snow on the ground. The same thing happened about a week ago. This winter has been infamous for sudden temperature changes. I wanted to ask if this has been happening anywhere else.
    "Rock and roll ain't worth the name if it don't make you strut!" - Lemmy Kilmister

Only a little tardy
    Dude, it was March when we started getting a "heat wave". It was about 30 C here for March and still going in to April.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Rose View Post
    There was a snowstorm in Edmonton last night and it mostly melted halfway through the day. Yesterday it was warm and there was no snow on the ground. The same thing happened about a week ago. This winter has been infamous for sudden temperature changes. I wanted to ask if this has been happening anywhere else.
    We just had the 3rd wettest March in Washington in the last 62 yrs. Only 1950 and 1992 had more rain. I also just talked to my Mum in Montana today and she said it would snow/get sunny/snow/get sunny all day long today. When I was over there for Christmas and New Year's they had NO snow! It even hit 50 degrees F a couple days I was there.

Tuesday I poured a wall and it practically monsooned on me and my guys. Wednesday when we stripped the wall, it was sunny and 55 F. It's been a strange year...

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Rose View Post
    Just one province away my friend.... We get your weather 24 hours later, thank you very much!!

Yesterday, 24C walking my dogs in shorts and a tank top, today it is 0C and I am FROZEN!!! Winter coat again!!

It has been the most mild winter of my life.... now I want Spring... Warmth and less clothes!!!

The atmosphere is absolutely screwed up. I don't see how anyone can deny it. We've had a lot of conversations about this on this board over the years.

Just the other night I found an old thread where Ironica and some other guy in Britain were talking about a tornado in London. This was 2006. Ironica was saying that at a time it would usually be snowing, they were wearing T-shirts.

When I was in high school, when the first football game of the year in September was played, you wore a windbreaker or sweater. By mid-October, when you were going to a Fall festival or haunted house, you definitely wore a sweater, if not a coat. By Thanksgiving, you wore a thick winter coat, and gloves to rake leaves.

The last several years, I've raked leaves in a T-shirt! People are wearing cut-off shorts into December!

Yet if I say the words "global warming" on Facebook, everyone says I've fallen for Al Gore's "B.S." Then they talk about how weird it is they're wearing flip-flops in February.

I know the law, friend.

Last edited by cowboydan; April 6th, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Band Manager
    What I have noticed is that in just the past three years that my family has lived at our current address - we have witnessed several extremes.
    Last winter poduced the NY metropolitan areas heaviest snows - if not a record (I'm not sure) then damned close.
    Follow that by this (record?) mild winter.

2010 March produced incredible winds that knocked trees down and consequently power out - for days - all over my borough.
    Never saw anything like it in my 48 years living here.

We also had record rainfalls just within the past year.

This is particualrly obvious because my boys are young (10) and all of these records are occuring in their still brief lifetimes.

Don't forget about the October snowstorm!!

It was 80 degrees here two weeks ago, which was nice because all the girls on campus broke out the summerwear. I love me some Global Warming!!

Permanent vacation
    It's been bizarre here. it'll be 28 celsius plus humidity one day, then drop to -6 celsius the next. Every time I think it's okay to put away the winter coat, there'll be a lopsided dip below zero. Barely had any snow this year, or rain so far this spring. In general, it's about 15 to 20 degrees above seasonal averages.

While the overall trend is toward warmer temperatures, IMO the broader label of 'climate change' is more accurate -- even where the temperatures are at their normal level, there's still a tendency toward extreme weather, be it heat waves, snow or rain storms, funnel clouds... Hell, we had hail the size of golf balls early one morning in March. And an earthquake that measured about 5.4 on the richter scale in the fall. That NEVER happens... :S
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    It's been bizarre here. it'll be 28 celsius plus humidity one day, then drop to -6 celsius the next. Every time I think it's okay to put away the winter coat, there'll be a lopsided dip below zero. Barely had any snow this year, or rain so far this spring. In general, it's about 15 to 20 degrees above seasonal averages.

While the overall trend is toward warmer temperatures, IMO the broader label of 'climate change' is more accurate -- even where the temperatures are at their normal level, there's still a tendency toward extreme weather, be it heat waves, snow or rain storms, funnel clouds... Hell, we had hail the size of golf balls early one morning in March. And an earthquake that measured about 5.4 on the richter scale in the fall. That NEVER happens... :S
    Climate change wouldn't affect earthquakes though.