Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ed's guitars for the 2012 tour
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Band Manager

Ed's guitars for the 2012 tour

don't know it there's a post already but I thought we should have one. perhaps we can post photos of all the guitars used here? he's obviously on the stealth, but he's also used a frankie with a stealth neck and that white and black striped one with the maple neck. what else?
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

Good idea but should be in "the guitar shop" section. So i'm gonna move it over there.

But yea the Stealth and the Frankie replica are the only ones i have seen so far. Besides the Charvel stripe "concert" guitars.

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    I think I already had a thread started about this... He's talkin' 'bout the two guitars Ed uses for "Tattoo" & "I'll Wait", which are the Charvel tour guitars, like he's been using for a couple songs, since the 2004 tour, then auctioning off...
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!

Roadie
    So we are nearly a dozen shows into this tour and by all accounts EVH has used at least one "Art Series" guitar at each show. He used (2) here in Boston. When will we see these guitars and when will they be auctioned off? I looked on eBay and found nothing. I am curious to get a closer look at these guitars. As I mentioned in a different thread, EVH first used a yellow with black stiped guitar in Boston - appropriate given he was in the home the Boston Bruins then he used another striped guitar later on. Show us these guitars and let us drool uncontrollably.

Central Scrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner Swing 32 View Post
    So we are nearly a dozen shows into this tour and by all accounts EVH has used at least one "Art Series" guitar at each show. He used (2) here in Boston. When will we see these guitars and when will they be auctioned off? I looked on eBay and found nothing. I am curious to get a closer look at these guitars.Show us these guitars and let us drool uncontrollably.
    Our very own Arson -love that crazy bastard- got information from a reliable source that they will hit eBay sometime in April.
    And "drooling uncontrollably" is about all 99% of us will be able to do when we finally see them... 'cause we sure can't afford one!

Here's a few examples of the 2012 run:

WGAF?!!

Central Scrutinizer
    And a couple more...

WGAF?!!

Central Scrutinizer
    Here, IMO, is a really cool Art Series design being played at the Philly show...

..kinda has that "unchained" vibe.
    WGAF?!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimi1152 View Post
    Here, IMO, is a really cool Art Series design being played at the Philly show...

..kinda has that "unchained" vibe.
    I really like the look and sound of the new Wolfie's but Ed and a super strat kinda guitar just looks so cool and rite! And yea i love this guitar!

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    I'm liking the first pic Jimi posted, kinda looks like a Frankie w/ a full pickguard, along w/ the Unchained remake... SHARP!!!
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!