Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Valerie Bertinelli: THERE WOULD BE NO NEW VAN HALEN TOUR OR ALBUM WITHOUT WOLFGANG
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Valerie Bertinelli: THERE WOULD BE NO NEW VAN HALEN TOUR OR ALBUM WITHOUT WOLFGANG

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/van-h...lli-interview/

Interesting read on Ultimate Classic Rock which pretty much confirms what most of us expected.

"She also addressed Van Halen fans upset that her son took over founding bassist Michael Anthony’s role in the band, and explained it’s the only way Eddie would be making musical publicly. “I loved Mike too, I thought he was a really nice guy, still do,” Bertinelli explains. “But the only way this tour is happening is because Eddie gets to play with his son Wolfie. Otherwise, this tour wouldn’t be going on, it really wouldn’t.”

She also says she has a good relationship with Dave, and any issues are "under the bridge."

Yours truly, As Is
    Doesnt get much more clear cut than this.

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Doesnt get much more clear cut than this.
    Yup JD.... So clear.

I love the last line where Valerie points out that this is a dream come true for Ed. Sigh.....

I do not have children, however I can only imagine what it might be like to create, share and work alongside one's child. It actually gives me chills to know how fortunate we are to have Wolf here... For without him I am unsure what would have become of Ed.

Feeling oh so blessed, excited and inspired! Time for some ADKOT to cap off the night!

Cheers!

No cheer******s allowed!
    ...AND 1SUM2! IS WRONG, YET AGAIN!

(When has the guy ever been right?)

I've stated this from the beginning, only to be told, "Bullshit! Not even close to the truth! Your Wrong!"

And i guarantee ya i'm also correct regarding an assortment of "Fair Warning" Bass tracks.

Thank you, Val!
    This confirms what a lot of us already knew.

And, thank you, Wolfie!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    ...AND 1SUM2! IS WRONG, YET AGAIN!

(When has the guy ever been right?)

I've stated this from the beginning, only to be told, "Bullshit! Not even close to the truth! Your Wrong!"

And i guarantee ya i'm also correct regarding an assortment of "Fair Warning" Bass tracks.

Thank you, Val!

And, thank you, Wolfie!
    Even Sammy has established some sort of fact on that. Pretty much done and dusted.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Even Sammy has established some sort of fact on that. Pretty much done and dusted.
    Just reading Val's interview, i realized ADKOT never would have been made, without Wolf.
    It pains me in a way, because ADKOT is a great VH record, and it almost never was!
    Eddie was over & done with it all, which is another reason i feel like this is it for the mighty VH.
    Ed's not doing interviews, not doing Lettermen or RS, he doesn't care.
    As Val stated, he just wants to play with his son.
    Sales aren't that important to him, but playing with Wolf is.

Man...

I think this is it.

Like Mike
    Just reading Val's interview, i realized ADKOT never would have been made, without Wolf.
    It pains me in a way, because ADKOT is a great VH record, and it almost never was!
    Eddie was over & done with it all, which is another reason i feel like this is it for the mighty VH.
    Ed's not doing interviews, not doing Lettermen or RS, he doesn't care.
    As Val stated, he just wants to play with his son.
    Sales aren't that important to him, but playing with Wolf is.

Man...

I think this is it.
    But then again, why would he just want to do it once? He might be thinking "holy shit, this is awesome!" and pursue it further. Who knows. Either that, or we get a "solo" album of him, Wolf and Al or nothing.

Looking forward to reading this article later this evening. Thanks for posting it.

When I spoke to Wolfgang last summer, I thanked him for his role in getting his father back into making music. Also thanked him for his role in getting his dad, uncle, and Dave back together too. Mentioned how I bet he probably doesn't even know how much of a thrill he's probably giving his father currently. He said thank you and was very appreciative of my words. Just a humble person.

What I witnessed backstage recently was proof positive my comments last summer were correct. Ed talking music and also showing fatherly love/encouragement to his son. Cool to see.

Without Wolfgang there wouldn't have been a 2007 tour or a new album/tour in 2012. It's what I've been told a few years back. What a shame it would have been to never hear "A Different kind Of Truth". Month later and I still listen to it daily. A real treat that us fans are really enjoying.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

And, thank you, Wolfie!
    Yep - Thank you, Wolfie!

Man, we've been discusing that Wolfie was/is the key to this whole stuff since ... 2006 already!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

Halfway to the label!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    But then again, why would he just want to do it once? He might be thinking "holy shit, this is awesome!" and pursue it further. Who knows. Either that, or we get a "solo" album of him, Wolf and Al or nothing.
    I'm thinking (hoping) along these lines. This could be a second wind for Eddie.
    Woke up in life to find I almost missed it