Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Chickenfoot?? Really? - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    Bop bada, shoobe doo wah
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Oh God, just watched it.

    Sounds like they are doing an old Survivor ballad, from 1987.

    The sad thing is that i totally could picture this song ending up on a VH album,
    had Sam remained in the band.
    I could hear Ed noodling over it, circa FUCK or Balance.
    That's the really strange part.
    You can hear how much of VH's sound, post Roth, was molded by Sammy.
    Oh yeah...I bet he has had this song around a while. I am glad that there is no Eddie Van Halen involved. If they make a Top Gun 2 they can use it as the theme song.

    It does sound totally dated. You nailed it with 1987 Survivor-ish.
    Last edited by ryanpday; March 3rd, 2012 at 11:25 PM.

  2. #12
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Good grief, I almost didnt make it through the whole agonizing 3-4 minutes of that drivel. Didnt Sammy once say he and Mike were actually the Better Half?

    Ya know, when I see shit like this, I do not feel at all sorry for Michael Anthony. If he thinks that this is better than what they did with Dave...

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Good grief, I almost didnt make it through the whole agonizing 3-4 minutes of that drivel. Didnt Sammy once say he and Mike were actually the Better Half?

    Ya know, when I see shit like this, I do not feel at all sorry for Michael Anthony. If he thinks that this is better than what they did with Dave...
    Hahaha! You are braver than I, JD....I didn't make it all the way through. That was dreadful. Spam sounded like he was having trouble staying on key here and there---like maybe he was having a touch of laryngitis, not because he can't sing on key...I'll give him that, he can do that at least. But yeah, that had bad 80's hair band written all over it.

    And no, they called themselves "The Other Half." Still juvenile and rude, but I'd like to think that even Spam and MA aren't that dumb...



    EDIT: At the risk of sounding cranky....Mods? Could someone move this out of main? I mean, it's about Chickentoes really. Doesn't it belong somewhere else?
    Last edited by ravennaloveseddie; March 4th, 2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: adding something

  4. #14
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    The sad thing is that Mike seemed genuinely into the song.
    He was smiling & harmonizing, basking in the glow.

    If it was me, i would have fallen asleep onstage.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    The sad thing is that Mike seemed genuinely into the song.
    He was smiling & harmonizing, basking in the glow.

    If it was me, i would have fallen asleep onstage.
    He's probably forcing it, like how some of us claimed to be "forcing it" when liking Tattoo.

  6. #16
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    He's probably forcing it, like how some of us claimed to be "forcing it" when liking Tattoo.
    "Tattoo" was way better than this garbage, though.

    "Tattoo" has some cool moments, and i like it as a warm-up for what follows.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    "Tattoo" was way better than this garbage, though.

    "Tattoo" has some cool moments, and i like it as a warm-up for what follows.
    Oh I completely agree. I like Tattoo.

    This Chickenfoot song sounds like something from a Disney movie.

  8. #18
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Oh I completely agree. I like Tattoo.

    This Chickenfoot song sounds like something from a Disney movie.
    Phil Collins had retired, so CF got the song!

  9. #19
    Bop bada, shoobe doo wah
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,365

    Bask in the glory of all it's badness...


  10. #20
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpday View Post
    Aarrrgh! My ears are bleeding!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. VH VS. CHICKENFOOT poll
    By MonsterPlexi in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: February 26th, 2012, 01:21 AM
  2. Chickenfoot III
    By Sinner Swing 32 in forum House of Music
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: October 5th, 2011, 12:00 PM
  3. In the spirit of Chickenfoot...
    By unchainedguitars in forum House of Music
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: November 12th, 2009, 04:56 AM
  4. Chickenfoot
    By ryanpday in forum House of Music
    Replies: 350
    Last Post: June 10th, 2009, 12:40 AM
  5. Chickenfoot: Will You or Won't You?
    By diamonddave in forum House of Music
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: February 20th, 2009, 01:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •