Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
ADKOT Lay Out - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ADKOT Lay Out

No cheer******s allowed!
    I'm still speechless over the negative "Stay Frosty" comments!

If i were Ed or Dave and read that, i'd just say, "Alright, i give up.
    These guys say they want one thing, we give it to them, now they want another thing."

"Stay Frosty" is completely pure VH!
    The ending alone is like an orgasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Roth View Post
    Stay Frosty is my second favorite song on the disc, right behind HBSD. Just a great vibe and a fun song. "trust in allah, but tie up your camel!" Funny! My least favorite are Bullethead and China Town. I don't skip 'em, but they aren't my fav's. Y&YB is a really great tune as well. I really think Dave has hit some homeruns lyrically. Bullethead being one of my least favorite songs has one of my most favorite lyric. "Some days your the dog, somedays your the hydrant." So true. The album flows very well in my opinion. I had to drive to Illinois and back this past Thursday/Friday. I spent about 11 hours in the truck those two days combined. I listened exclusively to this album. I was alwyas surprised when Tattoo came on. Being over 50 minutes long, it plays quickly.
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. Bullethead and China Town are my least favorite as well. It all starts with HBSD and builds to a strong retro finish.

I don't skip any of 'em. I've waited too long.

Too damn long.

No cheer******s allowed!
    VH fans are finicky eaters.

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

These guys say they want one thing, we give it to them, now they want another thing."

ehhh, great music, below average lyrics, too many words jammed into each verse, and I liked it better when it was called Ice Cream Man.

(I don't skip it though.)
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    I have to admit to skipping tracks but there is a method to my madness....hear me out.

I want to know all of this album, and I want to know it now. My drive to work is shorter than the album in its entirety. So if I put it in the cd player in the morning, and play it from the start, I only get to hear the same 5 or 6 songs over and over again. So I've learned the words to Tattoo and She's the Woman and You and Your Blues and (most of) China Town, all of Blood and Fire, Bullethead, As Is, HoneyBabySweetieDoll, and a good deal of Outta Space. Still working on Stay Frosty, Big River and Beats Workin', but I'm getting there. I have to be allowed to skip the tracks I already know so I can hear and ingest the ones I don't know as well yet. Once I have them all firmly under my belt, in my wheelhouse (as they say in the theatah, dahling), then I promise to never skip tracks again, cos I agree, the track listing is perfect.

I throw myself on the mercy of the court....
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    guilty guilty guilty
    You are hereby sentenced to a week of idolatry.
    A God was chosen from the Hat of Disgrace. You are to serve Michael Anthony.
    A life-sized cardboard image of said ex-bassplayer has already been swiftly dispatched.
    It shall serve as your God for the next 48 hours.
    You will perform upon it many and any acts of servility your conscience desires.

Let this go as a warning to you all.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    Bullethead is my least favorite song on the recording as well.
    I still get into it, just for the musicianship and lyrics - but it's kind of annoying.

As far as skipping tracks is concerned - sometimes I'm jumping in my car for a ride that is the duration of one or two songs, so yes - sometimes I'll go right to a song I'm in the mood for.
    This is pretty much my scenario. I'm on the bus, and I'd rather arrive on a high listening to "Big River" than listening and not feeling much listening to "Trouble With Never".

Like Mike

It's a copy of ICM, done not as good as ICM.
    I love the acoustic intro and Ed's solos, but it's a copy of a song they've already done. I just can't fully get into a song if it's a copy or overly inspired by another. This is also why I'm having trouble getting into "Trouble With Never" and "Honeybabysweetiedoll".

It's like when with Sammy Ed ripped of the ATBL riff on "The Dream Is Over". Cool riff, but it's already been done. Song loses credibility.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    It's a copy of ICM, done not as good as ICM.
    I love the acoustic intro and Ed's solos, but it's a copy of a song they've already done. I just can't fully get into a song if it's a copy or overly inspired by another. This is also why I'm having trouble getting into "Trouble With Never" and "Honeybabysweetiedoll".

It's like when with Sammy Ed ripped of the ATBL riff on "The Dream Is Over". Cool riff, but it's already been done. Song loses credibility.
    Man, i don't hear ATBL in "Dream is over."

He may arpeggiate an A minor chord, at one point, but that doesn't mean he's copying his own song.
    A minor is a fairly common chord.

"Frosty" is it's own thing.
    It's such a lazy thing to say, "Frosty is a rip-off of ICM."
    It's a completely different tune, in that shuffle groove which is common to classic VH.
    I like "Full Bug" but i'm not gonna say, "It's the same song as Hot for Teacher."
    There are variances throughout.

I know the law, friend.
    Man, i don't hear ATBL in "Dream is over."

He may arpeggiate an A minor chord, at one point, but that doesn't mean he's copying his own song.
    A minor is a fairly common chord.

"Frosty" is it's own thing.
    It's such a lazy thing to say, "Frosty is a rip-off of ICM."
    It's a completely different tune, in that shuffle groove which is common to classic VH.
    I like "Full Bug" but i'm not gonna say, "It's the same song as Hot for Teacher."
    There are variances throughout.
    Talk about a lazy thing to say. NO ONE would ever compare Full Bug as the same song as Hot for Teacher. Now if it had a minute long double bass intro and a clean guitar blues riff over the verse, you might have an argument. But it doesn't. It's obvious what they did with Frosty. I wish they wouldn't have, but they did.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Yours truly, As Is
    There are no songs to skip. PERIOD.

Oh, and good call, UG. Stay Frosty smokes the hell out of Ice Cream Man. I'm dumbfounded with all the hate for it.