Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
ADKOT Lay Out - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ADKOT Lay Out

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    I just can't believe what the fuck I'm reading... I am PULLING YOUR CARDS!!!
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!

Stay Frosty is a masterpiece! You don't think when Dave wrote it he didn't realize it was cheesy? That's the point! I love it.

An Eleven Warrior
    Stay Frosty is my second favorite song on the disc, right behind HBSD. Just a great vibe and a fun song. "trust in allah, but tie up your camel!" Funny! My least favorite are Bullethead and China Town. I don't skip 'em, but they aren't my fav's. Y&YB is a really great tune as well. I really think Dave has hit some homeruns lyrically. Bullethead being one of my least favorite songs has one of my most favorite lyric. "Some days your the dog, somedays your the hydrant." So true. The album flows very well in my opinion. I had to drive to Illinois and back this past Thursday/Friday. I spent about 11 hours in the truck those two days combined. I listened exclusively to this album. I was alwyas surprised when Tattoo came on. Being over 50 minutes long, it plays quickly.

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    The skipping of tracks on this new record is simply not an option.
    I, as High Office on these occasions, sentence Jack to one week in the sin bin.
    Commencing forthwith and forthwith commencing.

You may return in one week, Jack, by command of The Elders.

Band Manager
    Bullethead is my least favorite song on the recording as well.
    I still get into it, just for the musicianship and lyrics - but it's kind of annoying.

As far as skipping tracks is concerned - sometimes I'm jumping in my car for a ride that is the duration of one or two songs, so yes - sometimes I'll go right to a song I'm in the mood for.

I know the law, friend.
    The cd is the exact length of my drive to/from work. It fits perfectly. It's funny because I judge how close I am not by the geographical locations around me, but by what song's playing. So Tattoo sounds shitty in the morning but outstanding in the evening!

All kidding aside, it really is a strong album from start to finish. I'm so impressed by it. All killer, no filler.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Peace...

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Roth View Post
    Stay Frosty is my second favorite song on the disc, right behind HBSD. Just a great vibe and a fun song. "trust in allah, but tie up your camel!" Funny! My least favorite are Bullethead and China Town. I don't skip 'em, but they aren't my fav's. Y&YB is a really great tune as well. I really think Dave has hit some homeruns lyrically. Bullethead being one of my least favorite songs has one of my most favorite lyric. "Some days your the dog, somedays your the hydrant." So true. The album flows very well in my opinion. I had to drive to Illinois and back this past Thursday/Friday. I spent about 11 hours in the truck those two days combined. I listened exclusively to this album. I was alwyas surprised when Tattoo came on. Being over 50 minutes long, it plays quickly.
    I too do not skip a track....just play it over and over and over and over....my least fave is China Town too, but I would never skip it...it's NEW VAN HALEN... I have been listening to NOTHING else, pure Van Halen running through my ears and soul every moment I can!! YUMMY!!

And I agree Dr.... it plays quick, it seems like I just start and there is tattoo again...PERFECTION!!!

Peace...

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you guys??
    Skipping tracks, already?!

"Stay Frosty" is one of the most classic sounding tracks on this album, it just smokes from begining to end.
    It has all the elements, so i'm confused by so many "on the fence" comments, regarding this track.
    You can't skip tracks on this record, as the sequence is absolutely perfect!
    I play it from begining to end, enjoying some moments a little more than others.
    If i jump right to "Woman" or "Frosty" or "Blood" or "Outtaspace", it's like blowing my load
    without any stimulation.
    You gotta ease into the pay-off, enjoy every moment on this album.
    Couldnt agree more Unchained, couldn't agree more.

Perfect brilliance...always in the form of Van Halen!! Ha Ha!! Evil, evil grin!!

*Hanging my head in shame*

I have to admit to skipping tracks but there is a method to my madness....hear me out.

I want to know all of this album, and I want to know it now. My drive to work is shorter than the album in its entirety. So if I put it in the cd player in the morning, and play it from the start, I only get to hear the same 5 or 6 songs over and over again. So I've learned the words to Tattoo and She's the Woman and You and Your Blues and (most of) China Town, all of Blood and Fire, Bullethead, As Is, HoneyBabySweetieDoll, and a good deal of Outta Space. Still working on Stay Frosty, Big River and Beats Workin', but I'm getting there. I have to be allowed to skip the tracks I already know so I can hear and ingest the ones I don't know as well yet. Once I have them all firmly under my belt, in my wheelhouse (as they say in the theatah, dahling), then I promise to never skip tracks again, cos I agree, the track listing is perfect.

I throw myself on the mercy of the court....

Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    i have to admit to skipping tracks but there is a method to my madness....hear me out.

I want to know all of this album, and i want to know it now. My drive to work is shorter than the album in its entirety. So if i put it in the cd player in the morning, and play it from the start, i only get to hear the same 5 or 6 songs over and over again. So i've learned the words to tattoo and she's the woman and you and your blues and (most of) china town, all of blood and fire, bullethead, as is, honeybabysweetiedoll, and a good deal of outta space. Still working on stay frosty, big river and beats workin', but i'm getting there. I have to be allowed to skip the tracks i already know so i can hear and ingest the ones i don't know as well yet. Once i have them all firmly under my belt, in my wheelhouse (as they say in the theatah, dahling), then i promise to never skip tracks again, cos i agree, the track listing is perfect.

I throw myself on the mercy of the court....
    guilty guilty guilty