Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
ADKOT Lay Out
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ADKOT Lay Out

Peace...

ADKOT Lay Out

Every single time I listen to ADKOT I find myself in awe of the lay out...I love the organization of the songs!! The flow takes me on a rollercoaster...right now at Stay Frosty.... Bliss!!

AND, my new fave is "as is"...I must take in that discussion thread...

Do others like the lay out/organization???

Like Mike
    The more I listen to it, the more I find myself skipping "The Trouble With Never", "HoneyBabySweetieDoll" and "Stay Frosty". It's nice that they gave us so many new tracks since we got starved for so long, but looking ahead, those three are useless.

Apart from that, I think the flow is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    The more I listen to it, the more I find myself skipping "The Trouble With Never", "HoneyBabySweetieDoll" and "Stay Frosty". It's nice that they gave us so many new tracks since we got starved for so long, but looking ahead, those three are useless.

Apart from that, I think the flow is really good.
    i kind of agree, "The Trouble With Never" and "Stay Frosty" are my least favourite tracks.. For some reason "Stay Frosty" doesn't flow for me at the beginning acoustic section.. it feels jerky how the vocal lines flow.. Also the 2 words Stay frosty doesn't have a strong appeal.. When the band comes in it just feels sort of generic although the playing is still good.. Ed's lead playing is good so i'm not knocking that..

The Trouble With Never has a cool riff in it, the solo is also good.. I was surprised when I first heard this track, the opening and closing riff is very different than what we're used to hearing from VanHalen but it's still cool... I was also surprised when I heard "HoneyBabySweetieDoll" so non VH sounding.. It's neat though.. It's fairly heavy and sounds serious.. Ed's use of snake charmer scales is also different for them..

Overall I think the Album is very good.. They put out a real good album and I think we shouldn't be so critical.. My ONLY problem is .... Why all the Wah Wah?? When it comes to lead tones, I hate lots of Wah Wah and neck pickups LOL I'm too much old school VH.. Bridge pickup and lots of fukn Bite/Attack on the leads.. That's the way I like it..
    Last edited by eruption78; February 14th, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

Band Manager
    Actually, the flow gets a little too much for me at times.
    Too much heaviness too close together.
    Somehow, switching the location of Tattoo and Bullethead somewhere in the track selection would have worked better for me.
    Tattoos location as the opening track makes me prone to skip it.
    Had it been mixed into the track selection as a sort of rest stop from the more driving tunes, I'd appreciate it as a break.

No cheer******s allowed!
    What the hell is wrong with you guys??
    Skipping tracks, already?!

"Stay Frosty" is one of the most classic sounding tracks on this album, it just smokes from begining to end.
    It has all the elements, so i'm confused by so many "on the fence" comments, regarding this track.
    You can't skip tracks on this record, as the sequence is absolutely perfect!
    I play it from begining to end, enjoying some moments a little more than others.
    If i jump right to "Woman" or "Frosty" or "Blood" or "Outtaspace", it's like blowing my load
    without any stimulation.
    You gotta ease into the pay-off, enjoy every moment on this album.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you guys??
    Skipping tracks, already?!

"Stay Frosty" is one of the most classic sounding tracks on this album, it just smokes from begining to end.
    It has all the elements, so i'm confused by so many "on the fence" comments, regarding this track.
    You can't skip tracks on this record, as the sequence is absolutely perfect!
    I play it from begining to end, enjoying some moments a little more than others.
    If i jump right to "Woman" or "Frosty" or "Blood" or "Outtaspace", it's like blowing my load
    without any stimulation.
    You gotta ease into the pay-off, enjoy every moment on this album.

I don't skip any tracks (well Tattoo I do but it's because I listened to it so much when it was released and I want to get to the rest of the tracks).

However I will say that Stay Frosty is tied for my least fav song on the album. It's an Ok tune. But I think it sounds like VH is trying to hard to capture their glory days. I mean we have all said it's the sequal to Ice Cream Man and it is which makes it a little generic to me. I mean it sounds like ICM but it's not as good. It's an Ok tune far from bad but just, as I said, generic.

My other least fav song is Bullethead. Again it's not bad but it's the goofy VH song sort of like Loss of Control. Not bad but goofy.

But this all goes back to what I have always said VH has never put out a "bad" song with DLR at the helm. Well except for "one foot out the Door"

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawsfan2000 View Post
    My other least fav song is Bullethead. Again it's not bad but it's the goofy VH song sort of like Loss of Control. Not bad but goofy.
    WHAT??!! I love Bullethead!! It's working it's way to becoming my favorite. Talk about old school VH sound! Plus it's the ultimate road rage song.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Roadie
    I skip nothing! This album rules!!!

They played Outta Space on the radio Sunday night and I couldn't believe how great it sounded in the car. AWESOME!!! I've forgotten how great it used to be listening to VH in the car and just riding around with my friends. I have to take some sort of road trip and play this album a few times just doing that.

Roadie
    And"Stay Frosty"...when the band comes in...just incredible! I eally love the song.

Git some!
    Honestly, I can't really find a shite track on here. I always play the album all the way through. Stay Frosty has kinda grown on me, the preview sounded so cheesy to me, but the full song... talk about jangly blues and then BAM right in the nuts.

Ya nit picky fucks.
    Ready, Eddie!