Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
More verbal diarrhea from Spam. - Page 10
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Speaking of Chad, Sammy practically threw him under a bus, too!

Was reading the latest issue of CR, at work on break, and the interviewer asked Sam
    how CF was adapting with Kenny filling in for Chad?

First sentence out of Hagar's mouth is, "Oh, it's better!"

Then he backtracks & says, "Chad's a great drummer, but Kenny is just so solid.
    Chad would get crazy, but Kenny is locked right in."

The guy just talks out his ass, on EVERYTHING.
    Even in his book:

As a solo artist i was just as big as Van Halen was, at the time i joined them.

I sold out multiple arena shows in one location as a solo artist, which was actaully more
    than VH could at that time.

Eddie had never written a truly beautiful ballad, until i joined the band.
    They tried with "Wait" (Yes, he refers to "I'll wait" as "Wait"), but it didn't happen
    until i was their singer.

Eddie & Al's Dad loved me!
    I spoke his language, i was a musician not some clown (cheap shot at Roth).

He needs to consult more with the aliens!

I just can't get over what a cry baby Sammy is.

Let me say that I liked 2 of the 4 Sammy albums with VH (5150 and OU812) and I like some of his solo stuff and I dig the new chickenfoot album (I hated the first one).

So I am not a Sammy hater. But Sammy needs to get off his high horse. He is an average singer at best. I mean he can carry a tune but it's not like he stands out from the rest of the pack. His song writing skills are OK. I think for every good solo song he has he has 2 or 3 bad ones. Like I said I like the new CF album and think it is light years beyond the first album ("oh Yeah" - What the hell is that?). But just like Sammy's singing it's not anything all that special. It does not really stand out from the pack.

VAN HALEN stands out from the pack. The first six albums are bar none the greatest run of perfect rock records ever. I love every song, with the exception of "One Foot out the Door". Every member of the band had a sound that stood out from the pack. I am not saying that Dave could sing better or that Alex could play better but along with Eddie's playing they stood out. You could tell it was Dave singing, Alex's Drum sound is distinct, MA backing vocals, and of course Edward. They were and perhaps still are (have not listend to the new album yet) a perfect Rock band.

Sammy needs to shut up and enjoy the lucky blessed life he has. I am sure that Ed was a big part of the problem between those two. But did Ed say anything about Chickenfoots first album? He could of. He could have ripped it for being the most boring super group album ever. But he said nothing. It's time for Sammy to say nothing.

TROUBLE BUSTIN' THROUGH
    Just got outta best buy with the new album !!!!!.fuck you sam hagar

This is the closest you and your band will ever be to led zeppelin.....suck it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Halfway to the label!
    My feeling about The Singer Who Replaced David Lee Roth back then is the same as it is now - he was a quick fix just to spite Dave. I don't truly believe he was chosen because he was the best singer out there. He was chosen because he happened to be in the right place at the right time. His solo career began to pick up, he had a successful stint in Montrose and he had a big mouth - something that Dave had often been accused of (rightfully so). Combine this with the feeling that Eddie wanted to lean away from the guitar and more towards the keyboard...what a fix! Plus, here's a guy who could write simple, basic, tearjerker lyrics to accommodate a softer sound. I would have to do some research really if I wanted to find another singer who could have fit in at that time but at this very moment none comes to mind. But really, who could step in and replace Dave? No one. The Singer Who Replaced David Lee Roth was a sad excuse, possibly the worst thing that could have happened to Van Halen. And it did. But the past is the past.
    Woke up in life to find I almost missed it

I'd like to tee up that car mechanic(Ed and Sam had the same one) and hit him like a Titleist golf ball for helping get things started with Van Hagar. We should have been enjoying ADKOT many,many years earlier. Better late than never though.

"A Different Kind Of Truth" still remains in my car cd player. Love it!

I really don't understand what Hagar is trying to get at here.. Even if his claims were true, if everyone in Chicken Foot was more talented than everyone in the new "Van Halen", does that mean no one should pay attention to the band releasing new material? Is he suggesting that before listening to an album you should make a chart comparing each individual member of the band to each member of Chicken Foot? As if that's the only element that matters, like it's a sporting event or something. He's just making an ass of himself.

I feel the need to point out (and I'm not criticizing anyone here, just stating fact) that you guys just spent 10 pages, that's 96 posts, talking about Sammy Hagar. While I absolutely loathe the guy for the complete and utter tool that he is, I have to give him kudos for the ability to inspire you all to keep talking about him. *grin*

At this point, it should be easy to ignore the little twat. He has, after all, nothing of any import to say....

*DAMN!!* Now he's got ME talking about him!!!....he must be in league with Lucifer.......he's the right color...Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    I feel the need to point out (and I'm not criticizing anyone here, just stating fact) that you guys just spent 10 pages, that's 96 posts, talking about Sammy Hagar. While I absolutely loathe the guy for the complete and utter tool that he is, I have to give him kudos for the ability to inspire you all to keep talking about him. *grin*

At this point, it should be easy to ignore the little twat. He has, after all, nothing of any import to say....

*DAMN!!* Now he's got ME talking about him!!!....he must be in league with Lucifer.......he's the right color...Hahahaha!
    Sam's long lost cousin.

Not to be forgotten:

Their creepy older cousin, who still lives in his parent's basement:

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Sam's long lost cousin.

O wow lol did the pillsberry dough boy just shit himself?
    Jessh lol