Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
2nd Leg Dates Added - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    HAHA!

Hey, Rav, which show(s) are you going to?
    Have you handed over your hard owned groats to Livenation yet?

Who else has tickets already in their grubby little mits?

Unchained, are you definitely going this time if you can?

Quote Originally Posted by IronicA View Post
    HAHA!

Hey, Rav, which show(s) are you going to?
    Have you handed over your hard owned groats to Livenation yet?

Who else has tickets already in their grubby little mits?

Unchained, are you going this time if you can?
    I'm going to see them in Washington DC on 03/28/12. Could've gone to MSG, could've gone to Philly, but the dates of those shows were bad w/regard to taking vacation days off at work. (I have actual vacation days with this job!! I'm taking two days off, the day of the show and the day after, and I'm still getting paid for them. This "vacation day" thing is something people take for granted. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, cos I've never had it before. It's weird and awesome all at once.)

Actually, the day the tix went on sale, I was here online, ready to go, and there was something monumentally messed up w/Livenation/Ticketmaster's site. The minute the tix went on sale, I put in 2 tickets to the DC show, best available and hit search. Did their stupid captcha thingy, hit search again, and was told "sorry, we can't find any matches for your request." This went on for two hours, and only two or three times could it find any tickets available, and they were on the floor in the back end of the arena, for $149.00 each!! No thanks.

I went to stubhub, and found a pair on Ed's side, a little higher up than I wanted, but 3rd row of the section, for about what I would've paid for the main concourse seats I wanted in the first place. A little nervous for their validity, but at least stubhub guarantees if they're not valid, you'll get your money back. I'd hate to miss the show, wow would that s*ck, but at least I don't have the added worry of being out $350 as well....

I am now banned because I acted like an idiot
    Just got a conformation email for my tickets !!!
    EVH is GOD

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    I can't believe how fast tickets went for the San Diego show... Within 10 minutes, I went from lower section on Eddie's side, to almost back row, behind the mixing board, upper deck! Ticket Master SUCKS online!!!
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!

The mighty Don* and I were going to get tickets, but he didn't want to pay more than $60. So I put in for two $60's, and that was going to put you on the moon. So I tried getting a $93 one for myself, and that was going to put me halfway to the moon ("upper level"), and on Wolf's side. So I tried once again, and all that was left was sitting behind the PA on Wolf's side, facing the audience! For $93! Plus, I've read parking is $25-$30. So until another show is added (they did a second show at a slightly smaller arena last tour), guess I'll be watching Largo and Us Fest that night.

Comparison of shows I've seen recently, or am about to see:

* Jane's Addiction, 2k seat theater, general admission = $50
    * Anthrax, Testament, Death Angel; 2k seat theater, general admission = $50
    * Marc Maron (comedian), room that held 75 = 2 drink min. and $25
    * Bobcat Goldthwait (comedian), room that held 75 = 2 drink min. and $12.50
    * Stephen Pearcy, stood right in front of him = $15
    * George Lynch/Lynch Mob = in my face, $12
    * Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer = against the barricade, $45

There's a lot you can do with $120 (ticket + parking). I'll use it to see more shows with way better seats.

* Has a great hard rock/metal blog. Link above.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Yeah, the Ghost/Blood Ceremony/13 dates of doom, show that i missed, was a mere 15.00!

I kinda wanted to see that more than VH, in a weird way.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    I'm going to see them in Washington DC on 03/28/12. Could've gone to MSG, could've gone to Philly, but the dates of those shows were bad w/regard to taking vacation days off at work. (I have actual vacation days with this job!! I'm taking two days off, the day of the show and the day after, and I'm still getting paid for them. This "vacation day" thing is something people take for granted. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, cos I've never had it before. It's weird and awesome all at once.)

Actually, the day the tix went on sale, I was here online, ready to go, and there was something monumentally messed up w/Livenation/Ticketmaster's site. The minute the tix went on sale, I put in 2 tickets to the DC show, best available and hit search. Did their stupid captcha thingy, hit search again, and was told "sorry, we can't find any matches for your request." This went on for two hours, and only two or three times could it find any tickets available, and they were on the floor in the back end of the arena, for $149.00 each!! No thanks.

I went to stubhub, and found a pair on Ed's side, a little higher up than I wanted, but 3rd row of the section, for about what I would've paid for the main concourse seats I wanted in the first place. A little nervous for their validity, but at least stubhub guarantees if they're not valid, you'll get your money back. I'd hate to miss the show, wow would that s*ck, but at least I don't have the added worry of being out $350 as well....
    Fuck, B&N gives me three weeks of vacation, plus two personal days, each year.
    We also get six sick days, which are generally used as "personal/i'm too tired to work" days.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Yeah, the Ghost/Blood Ceremony/13 dates of doom, show that i missed, was a mere 15.00!

I kinda wanted to see that more than VH, in a weird way.
    That's because I'm guessing they're under 30 and just beginning to hit their stride. Their Fair Warning may yet to be written. And for $15, you can enjoy yourself, and if the show is subpar, no big loss. If I paid $180 to see a 90 minute Van Halen show, I could't help but keep thinking that the show was costing me $2 a minute. That takes it down a notch, for me.

Didn't get Van Halen tickets today, but I did get Emo Phillips tickets - $30 in the tiny 75 seat comedy club! I loved that guy's old HBO special and can't wait to see him up close. A guy I know in Minneapolis who's seen him multiple times says it's always a A+ show withe new material.

For the price of one Van Halen show, I'm going to see Emo Phillips, Anthrax, Testament and Death Angel. Probably five hours of entertainment. This is going to be a good couple of weeks coming up!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    That's because I'm guessing they're under 30 and just beginning to hit their stride. Their Fair Warning may yet to be written. And for $15, you can enjoy yourself, and if the show is subpar, no big loss. If I paid $180 to see a 90 minute Van Halen show, I could't help but keep thinking that the show was costing me $2 a minute. That takes it down a notch, for me.

Didn't get Van Halen tickets today, but I did get Emo Phillips tickets - $30 in the tiny 75 seat comedy club! I loved that guy's old HBO special and can't wait to see him up close. A guy I know in Minneapolis who's seen him multiple times says it's always a A+ show withe new material.

For the price of one Van Halen show, I'm going to see Emo Phillips, Anthrax, Testament and Death Angel. Probably five hours of entertainment. This is going to be a good couple of weeks coming up!
    Yeah, there's something more intimate, immediate & "rock" about seeing a band in a club or small theater.
    I love the "Paradise" club in Boston, because it's just the perfect size, and if you don't want to get beat up in the pit,
    they have these amazing upper areas, that circle the stage, where you sit & have a beer.

In an arena, you feel like your about to see U2 or Taylor Swift, and the sound gets washed out in the huge hall & echoey.
    Having said that, you can bet that the night of the Boston show, i will be at the Garden buying tix from some scalper!
    The night of, you can usually get them on deal or at face value.
    I'm still gonna try for New Hampshire, which go on sale tomorrow.
    I hate to spend that kind of money, because i really do feel like i'm getting sodomized, in a way.
    But, what can you do?

Death angel & Testament, sounds like a killer show, btw!
    Death angel just came out in '87 with an amazing thrash record, The Ultra Violence.
    By their third record, ACT III, they morphed into this incredible sort of thrash/prog/melodic, monster.
    I loved their first three records, and the live one: Fall from Grace.

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    My sister & her husband saw Steve Stevens & Sebastian Bach last night, doing a show in NYC @ Irridium, called Guitars Of Love... It was a charity show, & my Bro -in law manages a music store in the NYC burbs, so he ALWAYS gets the hookup! I'll post pics! I met Bach one time back in 1992, when I saw Fight at Limelight... we got stoned, I met Rob Halford, then Bas pulls a DLR & trashes the food table! My sister said they mellowed & Steve was really cool! The guy w/ Steve is my Brother-in-law Mike Siragusa, who manages Alto Music, in NY.
    Last edited by KTC5150; January 29th, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!