Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Show Announced in Reading, PA
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Chief Fluffer Inspector

New Show Announced in Reading, PA

Patrick Manwiller, 69 News
    READING, Pa. -
    Van Halen fans will have reason to wake up early and party on Friday.

Tickets for the band's March 26 concert with Kool and the Gang at the Sovereign Center in Reading will go on sale at 10 a.m., but the party will start long before then.

The "Hot for Tickets" on-sale celebration will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the Sovereign Center's box office on Penn Street.

Quick Clicks
    Van Halen to bring North American tour...
    Van Halen to re-tour with David Lee...

"Since this is a huge show for the Sovereign Center, we wanted to do something special to celebrate the on-sale," said Zane Collings, regional general manager for SMG, the company that manages the Sovereign Center. "Come early to ensure you get the ticket you want."

The party will feature live radio broadcasts by WRFY-FM of Reading and WMMR-FM of Philadelphia and appearances by the Reading Royals' Slapshot and the Reading Express Cheerleaders.

Fans will also be offered free coffe and Sonic coupons. The first 100 people in line for tickets will also be given Sovereign Center lanyards.

Van Halen just announced Monday that it will bring its 2012 North American tour to Reading.

Sovereign Center officials said they are expecting the concert to sell out, as it already has in many other cities, including New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Toronto, and Las Vegas.

"We have seen other larger than life acts sell out the Sovereign Center. SMG anticipates the community will do the same and make Van Halen a sell out," said Collings.

Other performers who have sold out the Sovereign Center include Elton John, The Eagles, Cher, Pearl Jam, Tim McGraw, Neil Diamond, Rod Stewart, Stevie Nicks, Barry Manilow and Def Leppard.

According to a Van Halen website, fans can expect the band to perform selections from its new album, "A Different Kind of Truth," which just went on sale Feb. 7, as well as songs from the classic albums.

The album is Van Halen's first original studio offering with Roth since their hit "1984."

Van Halen was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in 2007, and has sold more than 80 million albums worldwide.

Copyright 2012 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!

I know the law, friend.
    FUCK YES! MY HOMETOWN, BORN AND RAISED IN READING! That venue is a very small arena. They've done a great job over the years getting big names in there, but it's just a minor league hockey arena, very small for VH standards. And it's 2 days before my birthday too......I may have to fly home and celebrate it properly with the band!
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    FUCKIN' A, DAN!!! I would do the same thing!
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!

This is killin' me.....I live about 30 minutes from Reading....already spent my concert bucks though. Oh well, my concert's only 2 days after this so, it's all good!