Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Video For "She's The Woman" at Cafe Wha - Page 6
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    TROUBLE BUSTIN' THROUGH
    Very impressed with wolf in this video. Vocals on key ,bass playing on the money!

Cheers everyone !

Cool

[/QUOTE=unchainedguitars;279783]I clicked on that video, sort of expecting something more loose, but it was so tight.
    These guys mean business in 2012.

Leslie post more!!!![/QUOTE]

WOW I did the same thing, expecting the same as you but boy oh boy was I wrong...
    And I was preparing myself for a disappointment when....well " whenever ", cause when it comes to Van Halen you never know
    Anyway they are back and they " ROCK " , I experienced the same " HAPPY FEELING " from way back,which only the sound from CVH can give me (all the other versions never could ) and gawd knows I needed that, thank you Van Halen !

Note to Van Halen ; You better get your asses over here to Europe, we wanna hear and see you too !!!!!
    Last edited by jane; January 6th, 2012 at 06:51 AM. Reason: add a word or two

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    [/QUOTE=unchainedguitars;279783]I clicked on that video, sort of expecting something more loose, but it was so tight.
    These guys mean business in 2012.

Leslie post more!!!!
    WOW I did the same thing, expecting the same as you but boy oh boy was I wrong...
    And I was preparing myself for a disappointment when....well " whenever ", cause when it comes to Van Halen you never know
    Anyway they are back and they " ROCK " , I experienced the same " HAPPY FEELING " from way back,which only the sound from CVH can give me (all the other versions never could ) and gawd knows I needed that, thank you Van Halen !

Note to Van Halen ; You better get your asses over here to Europe, we wanna hear and see you too !!!!! [/QUOTE]

I was just gonna email you about all of this, as i knew you weren't checking on here too often.

I really felt the same vibe as you did, regarding this clip.
    What struck me, besides Wolf coming into his own, is that sort of effortless, tight groove.
    I love Al on that small kit, just nailing it down with Wolfie.
    Then, when Eddie goes off, it sort of just allows him to flow.
    You can really hear how much they have been jamming together, on the downtime.

Dave, as always, is about a billion times more entertaining than Sammy Hagar.

Yours truly, As Is
    As a drummer and obvious AVH nut, I ALWAYS hear Al locked in the groove, so I guess I'm in the minority as far as wanting to see Al behind a trademark monster "Al kit".

No cheer******s allowed!
    I'm just knocked out by the rhythm section, here (Eddie is great, of course, but you expect that).
    Al & Wolf are killing it, and damn it, i love that small kit! LOL!
    There's such punch to Al's sound, he's in the zone.
    In the recent past, he'd get all into his little fills & what not, but here he is the locomotive
    on the album cover.
    I dig it.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I'm just knocked out by the rhythm section, here (Eddie is great, of course, but you expect that).
    Al & Wolf are killing it, and damn it, i love that small kit! LOL!
    There's such punch to Al's sound, he's in the zone.
    In the recent past, he'd get all into his little fills & what not, but here he is the locomotive
    on the album cover.
    I dig it.
    Haha, Al is always in the zone, to me! He's my favorite and #1 influence, like Ed for you, so I can never find a fault with what he plays. Atleast on the Dave era stuff. Since Dave has been back, it seems Al's playing has been rejuvenated, and all his little fills and nimble work on the cymbals is always interesting for me.

Band Manager
    "I see a skull in a tophat...waiting for YOU...."
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

I have no words. This is beyond cool. It's badass and groovin' and tight and I have the biggest smile on my face right now.
    My Boyz are back and better than ever!!! OH YEAH!!!! I'm over the moon, I am!! Haha!!

I knew Wolfie would bring it. Back in 07-08 I saw the beginnings of this...he's good, damn good. And he does look so much more comfortable on stage now. So glad he stuck with it, despite all the naysayers trying to break him down. Now there's a life situation that's gotta be so mind-blowingly cool--he's what, 20? And playing in Van Freakin' Halen!! With his Dad, his Uncle and Diamond David Lee Roth. Dude, that's magic right there....

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    As a drummer and obvious AVH nut, I ALWAYS hear Al locked in the groove, so I guess I'm in the minority as far as wanting to see Al behind a trademark monster "Al kit".
    Ironically, in the studio nowadays Al plays a small kit. He's mentioned several times in interviews that he plays a small kit of kick, tom, floor, snare and with hats, ride and A crash. He says it makes you more creative, and by experience- it does.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    I have no words. This is beyond cool. It's badass and groovin' and tight and I have the biggest smile on my face right now.
    My Boyz are back and better than ever!!! OH YEAH!!!! I'm over the moon, I am!! Haha!!

I knew Wolfie would bring it. Back in 07-08 I saw the beginnings of this...he's good, damn good. And he does look so much more comfortable on stage now. So glad he stuck with it, despite all the naysayers trying to break him down. Now there's a life situation that's gotta be so mind-blowingly cool--he's what, 20? And playing in Van Freakin' Halen!! With his Dad, his Uncle and Diamond David Lee Roth. Dude, that's magic right there....
    And he belongs there!

All these idiots that said, "He should go to college" or "He should form his own band..."
    Uh-uh, we got the proof for all eternity in these clips from the cafe wha.
    Even if the new record tanks, the kid still proved to me, that he has what it takes.
    I think he's much tighter than MA, and has better tone.